Kyle Busch to RCR

I can't blame Kyle Busch for wanting to do some payback on Lajoie, and all things (speed) considered, Indy and Pocono could be considered equal.

But I hope he will at least wait until they get to somewhere like Richmond or Martinsville. At least there would be less speed involved. He needs to let it ride a little longer as well if he wants to create any reasonable doubt.

I hope Kyle enjoys his vacation the next two weeks, god knows he could use one after the last 8 races he's had. I cant remember a time where theres been a worst stretch for a driver.

All of the greats have a fall from grace. Except for Jeff Gordon lol.

Kyle Busch's fall from grace started in 2019, but people refused to see it. But we are smack dab in the middle of it now.

At this point in his career I don't know what would be more of a surprise. If he wins again or if he never wins again.

I'm just glad he has a decent car to drive around in, a proper car.

1721843838220.jpeg

All of the greats have a fall from grace. Except for Jeff Gordon lol.

Kyle Busch's fall from grace started in 2019, but people refused to see it. But we are smack dab in the middle of it now.

At this point in his career I don't know what would be more of a surprise. If he wins again or if he never wins again.
You have been consistent with this....and you are not wrong to this point. IF JGR passively/aggressively dumped him (and there is proof using Kyle's own words to the contrary....but there was that with Visser and the JGR alliance as well...hat didn't fit the narrative for some either), then it was a great move, wasn't it? The potential of Ty would seem to exceed what is left in the tank for Kyle IMO.

You have been consistent with this....and you are not wrong to this point. IF JGR passively/aggressively dumped him (and there is proof using Kyle's own words to the contrary....but there was that with Visser and the JGR alliance as well...hat didn't fit the narrative for some either), then it was a great move, wasn't it? The potential of Ty would seem to exceed what is left in the tank for Kyle IMO.

I've always felt Kyle Busch's mileage moreso correlated with the "prime" bellcurve than his age. His 2019 season was his 15th career cup season. For reference, Jimmie Johnson's 15th season was 2016, and he fell off after that as well.

KB started 2019 great, but then he went through a major spell, and outside of his 2019 championship race, he had arguably the longest dry spell of his career. You're right, I've touted this for a while and thought his decline started in 2019.

Media and fandom started predicting Kyle Busch would push Gordon's win and championship total after his 2019 campaign, the same way we touted Johnson as the driver to both eclipse 7 titles and 100 wins.

It just never came to fruition. People didn't see it because KB was young, but as far as cup starts alone go (nvm Trucks and Xfinity) his mileage was that of an old timer.

He's been out of his prime for 5 years.

I've always felt Kyle Busch's mileage moreso correlated with the "prime" bellcurve than his age. His 2019 season was his 15th career cup season. For reference, Jimmie Johnson's 15th season was 2016, and he fell off after that as well.

KB started 2019 great, but then he went through a major spell, and outside of his 2019 championship race, he had arguably the longest dry spell of his career. You're right, I've touted this for a while and thought his decline started in 2019.

Media and fandom started predicting Kyle Busch would push Gordon's win and championship total after his 2019 campaign, the same way we touted Johnson as the driver to both eclipse 7 titles and 100 wins.

It just never came to fruition. People didn't see it because KB was young, but as far as cup starts alone go (nvm Trucks and Xfinity) his mileage was that of an old timer.

He's been out of his prime for 5 years.
Jimmie Johnson was allowed to retire on his own at Hendrick. Completely different way that Kyle Busch was treated.

Jimmie Johnson was allowed to retire on his own at Hendrick. Completely different way that Kyle Busch was treated.
JJ successfully transitioned from one major sponsor to another. Kyle had the question of who would step up after M&Ms.

Kyle also didn't have the boss's grandkid standing by.

JJ successfully transitioned from one major sponsor to another. Kyle had the question of who would step up after M&Ms.

Kyle also didn't have the boss's grandkid standing by.
You think Jimmie Johnson did that? It was Rick Hendrick. Hendrick is an owner with a capital O, Joe Gibbs is an owner with a small o. He uses sponsorship as a weapon. He did it with Kenseth, and after he was gone Kenseth's sponsors he brought over stayed on the car. Some of Carl's did too but we will probably never know why he quit driving for Gibbs.
In Kyle's case, his trucks teams were all sponsored from Toyota's sub contractors, they still are on the trucks that Tricon has. Point being Joe had the sponsors, instead of letting Kyle decide when to retire, he cut him. That is his style.

You think Jimmie Johnson did that? It was Rick Hendrick. Hendrick is an owner with a capital O, Joe Gibbs is an owner with a small o. He uses sponsorship as a weapon. He did it with Kenseth, and after he was gone Kenseth's sponsors he brought over stayed on the car. Some of Carl's did too but we will probably never know why he quit driving for Gibbs.
I think we're saying the same thing: Mr. H had Jimmie's back. Kyle hasn't made it easy to give him that kind of support.

In Kyle's case, his trucks teams were all sponsored from Toyota's sub contractors, they still are on the trucks that Tricon has. Point being Joe had the sponsors, instead of letting Kyle decide when to retire, he cut him. That is his style.
HMS will also run a car unsponsored rather than undersell sponsorship.

With few exceptions, every driver goes through a transition when they loose their main ride. Some drivers like Bill Elliot and Kurt Busch showed how a good driver can improve the results for a lesser team. Kyle showed that when he started at RCR. But it is a team sport and that aspect needs improvement at RCR, plus Kyle sometimes pushes the car beyond its limits.

When has this happened?
Several years ago it was Rick's businesses, mainly Hendrick cars that would appear from time to time when they couldn't sell out and refused to lower to cost to maintain fair price to other sponsors. With it being on the 5 now is different. They see the return on investment, it's not Rick refusing to sell a race to someone for less. There was a lot of discussion about this prior to Kyle ever coming over.

He's one of Kasey's cars from 2012

Attachments

• 2012-kahne-hendrick2.jpg
    2012-kahne-hendrick2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 26
Several years ago it was Rick's businesses, mainly Hendrick cars that would appear from time to time when they couldn't sell out and refused to lower to cost to maintain fair price to other sponsors. With it being on the 5 now is different. They see the return on investment, it's not Rick refusing to sell a race to someone for less. There was a lot of discussion about this prior to Kyle ever coming over.

He's one of Kasey's cars from 2012
Had to go there didn't ya lol.

The truth is the truth....
I'll go with the part that Hendrick was on the car, the rest is an opinion. One could say for example that it was for a tax write off, or on the car in an area where he had a new car dealership opening up and be just as plausible.

But his performance still fell off a Cliff. Kyle Busch's performance fell off hard as early as 2019, and continued to decline the following 3 years at Gibbs.

I won't comment on how he was treated, but he's been in decline behind the wheel for half a decade now. He isnt the driver he was in 2019, and 2019 was far from his peak

Back
Top Bottom