Kyle Larson to run 2024 Indy 500

bad ass. Cant wait to see him attempt it, and HendrickCars.com will be on the McLaren. I remember when it was said Kyle coming back to the big time he was going to be unsponsorable. Bummed I have to wait till 2024

hopefully the year wait is to make sure they're highly competitive when it comes time, would be unreal if Larson actually won both on the same day.

Well this article was snuck into the news yesterday. Might be more than a one off

I have nothing to back this up, but my feeling is if Mr H is involved it's going to be more than one race and I would expect Kyle to be well prepared before his 1st try at the 500.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have nothing to back this up, but my feeling is if Mr H is involved it's going to be more than one race and I would expect Kyle to be well prepared before his 1st try at the 500.

Well it was said in the above article he wasn’t going to enter a race this year. It alluded to sim time, sitting on on debriefs, attending races. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him run Texas next year to prepare on the oval, but there’s just so many possibilities for seat/preparation time I’d be remiss to speculate. I did find interesting it seemed Jeff Gordon was heavily involved in making this happen.

Once Kyle gets prepped, familiar with the style of racing and is ready to go....there’s one thing that jumped to my mind. It’s a main event level faceoff, give me Kyle Larson vs Colton Herta. I’m amped Kyle is trying this.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get to see him test at Sebring soon, just to get started with the feel of the car, fingers crossed. Sebring raceway is 20 minutes from my home. Indy car tests here this time of year.

It’s still crazy to me that the very first time Kurt ever experienced an open-wheel race under race conditions was the first lap of the Indy 500 - and he went on to finish 6th. In a backup car, no less.

Great news, it was about time someone attempted the double again.

So that means he'll run a papaya-orange HendrickCars paint scheme?
Rick Hendrick co-owning the entry probably changes the calculus behind that. Mostly blue with papaya accents would be nice, as would something more like the MCL35 livery. Those colors are proven to complement each other nicely, more so compared to a Menards yellow.

If this goes well with Hendrick being a co owner I can see other Hendrick drivers doing this in the future.

If this goes well with Hendrick being a co owner I can see other Hendrick drivers doing this in the future.
I'm not so sure. To me it seems like chase is too much of the golden child and I don't know any other way to say it besides I just don't think he has the talent to do it competitively. Has Byron done anything outside of stock cars on asphalt? I can see Bowman doing it, but sadly I think he lacks the star power to pull it off

Rick Hendrick co-owning the entry probably changes the calculus behind that. Mostly blue with papaya accents would be nice, as would something more like the MCL35 livery. Those colors are proven to complement each other nicely, more so compared to a Menards yellow.
Good. I still find it a bit ridiculous that KDB's Indy 500 entry supposedly didn't happen only because of a paint scheme.

IMG_1717.jpeg

IMG_1718.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom