Kyle Petty To Race This Weekend

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
From Knowyournascar.com

Kyle Petty to drive a Porsche Saturday in Phoenix: Not every driver will be idle this weekend when the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series takes its traditional weekend off for the Easter holiday. Kyle Petty will return to the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series and compete with Gunnar Racing in Saturday's Phoenix 250 on the 1.51-mile infield road course at Phoenix International Raceway. Petty, who will drive the No. 45 Porsche GT3 RS, has competed in seven Rolex Series races during the past three years. "It's no secret that I love racing in the Rolex Series," Petty said. "I try to do it every chance I get and with Nextel Cup being off (this) weekend, I jumped at the chance to get back in a sports car. "I'm looking forward to running at Phoenix because, in the past, I've only been able to race with the series at Daytona and Watkins Glen. Those tracks have a lot more straightaways and sweeping turns, but Phoenix is much shorter and a lot tighter. It should be a fun track to learn and make things pretty exciting come race time." - The Las Vegas Sun

thanks for the reminder!!! Any idea when or if it will be on TV

I really don't care much for open wheel racing, but I might have to check that out if it is on TV. Kyle is just a really cool guy and another of my son's favorites.

If anyone finds out when and where it is on, please let us know.

Thanks!!!

4X Grand Am is not open Wheel!

Its road racing, with the same group that runs the Daytona 24 hours

GO #45!! Porsche

WHen Kyle retires from cup I will almost bet money that he will run a hand full of Grand-Am races a year! WHich I will love, because he is not that bad of a road racer and the Gunner teams is pretty good.

Boris is kinda kool, but still pulling for KYLE.....looks pretty dang good out there!

OK, Kyle came in 2nd in class!!! Y'all need to be proud of him! That was one exciting race!

Boris was 1st, and that's OK by me :)

NOW, the Kat says G'Night

Kyle and team did good, it's okay with me too if Boris won I like him too.
I was really pulling for Max Pappis team to win the DP class but his team mate (Scott Pruit) couldn't get the job done. Max led every lap he was in the car. Of course there was an untimly full course caution that hurt Scott but I still thought he'd get by for the win.

it was a pretty good race! I fell asleep during the end of the race.

Kyle finishing 2nd to Boris is nothing to be disappointed about. Boris is one of the best American Road Driver. ( yes I know he is Canadian)

How about the awsome paint job on the #45! Never thought I would see Kyle race a PINK car, but it was a very nice looking car.

Hey PBfan, did you hear Kyle joking about the pink spandex suit he had on under. LOL really cracked me up. :D

He was asked what his NASCAR fans would think of him driving a "Pink" car, and his reply was something like.... I'm not sure but I'm more concerned what they'd think if they saw this pink spandex suit I have on under this one. LOL ... not word for word, but real close and he was laughing. I thought he was pretty funny and seemed to catch reporter off guard. LOL :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom