Kyle runs 1/2 season for wins?

I look back at 2015 how many 2nd place finishes did Harvick have that year??? It was frustrating to watch.

I actually have quite a bit say about this. I think what you are describing is the same old Kyle. Super talented and super young, and will probably go down as one of the best "race winners" ever. A long career with a win trajectory in the mid to upper 80s and probably another title or two will put him up there with DW and Cale.. probably above them imo due to today's competition. Kyle's the best there is today and his true legacy will be how LONG he was able to be a consistent race winner.

But here is where I am going to catch flack and be labelled a hater. This is Kyle. This is the same Kyle Busch from 2008, except now he's a dad, and he's maturing. He has ALWAYS been overrated as a championship calibur racecar driver in terms of HOW MUCH BETTER HE IS than his peers. VERY talented, but it takes more than just talent to execute a race, a pass, feedback, knowing your car. Kyle has been the best since 2015. And I think, thanks to the media push amongst others, people want him to be something he isn't.

Kyle's superiority over his contemporaries from 2015-now at the moment is more like Tony Stewart from 2000-2005, and much less like Gordon's prime, Dale's Prime, Johnson's prime. Kyle is a very good #2 who has his time currently because he's still peaking during the passing of a guard. Kyle has been out performed by teammates through out his career.

So in summary, as good as he is, I think he's being held to TOO high of a standard right now. He will be one of the greatest race winners ever, but in terms of being the whole package as a championship calibur driver, there's always been SOMETHING missing from him. This is nothing new, and no need for alarm. He'll win again this year. He'll win a lot more races.

But it seems like people are waiting for him to dominate like Gordon, Dale or Jimmie..and that was NEVER going to happen.

He strikes me as a Tony Stewart who is a bit better at winning races, but not as good at winning titles. That's cool. Respect that.

FWIW.. I think the OP's post is suggesting Kyle isn't going to win it this year, and he is surprised he hasn't won #2 yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frankly, I like this post. I don't need Kyle to be anybody other than what he is going to be even if that is different from what he has always been. I don't care about comparing him to anybody, and whether he wins just the one championship he has for five more, he entertains the hell out of me. I don't need him to be mature, or some kind of a role model. I completely agree that he is the same as he has always been--the media has driven the "change" narrative because they love to manufacture that kind of story. He is what he is.

It's really close, but I can get on board with Truex being better over the last 3 years. Where it's 18 to 17 wins in Truex's favor, his 2017 is the most dominating season in the last 5 years imo.

Extending out to 5 years though, KB has been a model of consistency advancing to Homestead the last 4 years in a row going on 5 while never dropping below 4 wins per year, 8.3 avg finish last year with 8 wins I'd give him the edge over that time period.
And this is my point about Kyle today being like Stewart of 2000-2005. Granted there was a bit more parity then, but Stewart didn't dominate each year. He won in 2002. 2003 and 2004, he only won twice. Arguably Johnson and Gordon were better in 03 and 04, Johnson ran him really close in 05.

But Stewart was still the best guy from 2000-2005. Martin May have been better in 17, and 19, Harvick has been better than Kyle just barely, statistically (until this year). But 2015-to 2020, or 2014-2019, Kyle has still been the best overall. It's not obnoxious like Gordon or Johnson.. you know he can be overtaken, but he's still the best, like Stewart was imo

Frankly, I like this post. I don't need Kyle to be anybody other than what he is going to be even if that is different from what he has always been. I don't care about comparing him to anybody, and whether he wins just the one championship he has for five more, he entertains the hell out of me. I don't need him to be mature, or some kind of a role model. I completely agree that he is the same as he has always been--the media has driven the "change" narrative because they love to manufacture that kind of story. He is what he is.
Yeah, and I get why the media pushes a narrative. I just don't necessarily think it reflects Kyle as a person, or a driver. And something seems to be going on with him, given Gibbs comments.

That's good because he is none of the above of those things. What he is is a spoiled jackass that is pretty good at driving a car and he loves to piss people off. Problem is when he isn't winning he is pretty much nothing. He does little for the sport because it is all about him. Yep he is entertaining and to me an example of how not to do it.

Was Samantha on pit road with him before the race?
Idk
a94c669f2f755e540c2d30bc6eb40264.jpg

Back
Top Bottom