Labbe/DGM death sentence

Do not agree with the rules, but they are the rules. Guess if it would have been a plastic body vehicle it would have been ok?

I mean come on it's not like you went to Evergreen Raceway in PA hidden way up in the mountains you went to freaking Daytona with an obvious NASCAR vehicle and you thought you'd get away with it,

Huh.

Interesting that the appeal panel didn't give a reason for overturning it, just that they didn't violate the rule as it was written. Maybe they got off on it technically being neither "private" nor a "test".

Huh.

Interesting that the appeal panel didn't give a reason for overturning it, just that they didn't violate the rule as it was written. Maybe they got off on it technically being neither "private" nor a "test".
Lol publically racing is ok, Cup cars coming to SCCA races near you!

Methinks that car may have a few issues getting through tech this weekend... (picture dity cop here: "ooh, a broken headlight." *smashes with billy club*)

Well when you look at it they did nothing wrong they entered a legal car in another form of racing. To the best of my knowledge there's nothing in the rules that says a team can't compete in more than one series. If you're going to race, yes race and not test, a car in another series that meets all of that series rules I have no idea how NASCAR could stop or punish you for doing it.

But I'm sure they'll add some language in the rule book before long, if it hasn't been added already, about any chassis used in NASCAR competition can not be used in any other form of racing.

Well when you look at it they did nothing wrong they entered a legal car in another form of racing. To the best of my knowledge there's nothing in the rules that says a team can't compete in more than one series. If you're going to race, yes race and not test, a car in another series that meets all of that series rules I have no idea how NASCAR could stop or punish you for doing it.

But I'm sure they'll add some language in the rule book before long, if it hasn't been added already, about any chassis used in NASCAR competition can not be used in any other form of racing.

the rule book is being rewritten as I type this. Makes me think of Evernham’s story on a dale jr episode.

he was tell the t-Rex story...said meeting with Bill France...explained to him car was legal and didn’t break any rules, said France took a drag of his cigarette and said “won’t be tomorrow”. Lol

the rule book is being rewritten as I type this. Makes me think of Evernham’s story on a dale jr episode.

he was tell the t-Rex story...said meeting with Bill France...explained to him car was legal and didn’t break any rules, said France took a drag of his cigarette and said “won’t be tomorrow”. Lol
The Dale Jr Download is awesome. Love that show.

Back
Top Bottom