langley speedway to open April 1st...

I'll be up there a few times for sure. Love that track. Bill is in this for all the right reasons. He's passionate about racing, treats the racers well, treats the fans well and works his ass off to make that place a top notch facility.

I'm assuming it's still going to be a NASCAR " home track".. there was something in the paper a year ago about Southhampton motor speedway opening back up but I haven't heard anything since..

I'm assuming it's still going to be a NASCAR " home track".. there was something in the paper a year ago about Southhampton motor speedway opening back up but I haven't heard anything since..

Yes, Langley is NASCAR sanctioned.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about Southampton.

Honestly, wouldn't do any good for it to open up. Southampton is surrounded by racetracks. Dominion, Southside, South Boston, Orange County, Southern National, East Carolina and Langley all within a short driving distance. There are like 22 or 23 tracks in this tri-state region and 18 or 19 of them run on Saturday nights. Too many tracks and not enough cars.

Not counting all the dirt tacks. If you've heard of Dixieland Speedway, I live around 5 miles from it...

Not counting all the dirt tacks. If you've heard of Dixieland Speedway, I live around 5 miles from it...
I live about 5 miles from Langley, but my heart is in the dirt, so Virginia Motor Speedway it will remain. Maybe one day I'll make it back to Langley.

I wish NASCAR would go there, it would be awesome. At least the trucks. I grew up in Gloucester, bull islander!

I wish NASCAR would go there, it would be awesome. At least the trucks. I grew up in Gloucester, bull islander!

Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown might go there. They were going to last year before the track closed down. And there were rumors, very hot rumors, a couple years ago that Langley was being considered for a Truck Series race. Now that Bill owns it and doesn't have to worry about renegotiating leases every year, he can make **** happen.

Wasn't Denny the mini stock champion there?

Back
Top Bottom