Larson: 'NASCAR's kept a closer eye on our team

Happens when you try to pull a fast one more than once. Specially when you get caught on back to back weekends.

One of the reasons competition is down is because low buck teams cant afford to cheat or bend the rules. A 'fine" would bankrupt the team, so to speak. For the"elite" teams a fine means nothing and losing the crew chief for a couple of races isn't a big deal. Who's to say the crew chief isnt in the stands wearing a goofy hat and glasses with the large nose and mustache ( obvious disguise,lol) or watching the race on TV and texting his decisions. With todays electronic devices, it would impossible to police. Ban the burnout, and if the car fails post race inspection, cucumber the win and take points away. I would love to see the 95 car in the top 5 all race long, is that ever going to happen? Only if the team is purchased by HMS SH RCR JGR etc.... This years seems to be the 78 and 42 show. Cars 25th (on a regular basis) and back have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than winning a race.

That is wrong on so many levels. losing 25 points means you should have not even showed up. Encumbered is a fancy way of saying we took away your win and your stage points AND your playoff points. Right now for the 22 team they have to win a race to be in the playoffs and the "encumbered" is a huge reason. In addition to the 25 driver points they took away 25 owner points. If you think that is small potatoes so be it. It isn't. Larson lost 35 points, fortunately because of his teams performance 35 points he could handle, but they lost 35 owner points and there is money awarded to the owners at the end of the year and the amounts aren't anything to sneeze at.

Last edited:
I've noticed since the 22 got busted they aren't as competitive as they used to be. We'll see how the 42 does going forward.

I've noticed since the 22 got busted they aren't as competitive as they used to be. We'll see how the 42 does going forward.
yeah when they got caught for what they were doing it and the penalty gutted them. huge loss IMO. I think with Larson if they were doing both of the things they were doing at the same time, I believe it would make a difference, all it takes is a little bit of an advantage.

good idea to read what I posted.
Didnt understand it. Not sure if you read mine correctly. My point is that the tops teams can afford to cheat, low buck teams cant, but cheating is cheating is cheating. no such thing as being a little bit pregnant.

Didnt understand it. Not sure if you read mine correctly. My point is that the tops teams can afford to cheat, low buck teams cant, but cheating is cheating is cheating. no such thing as being a little bit pregnant.
like I said above if you don't think the penalties to the 22 for example isn't enough, have at it dude. you have no idea how much 35 owner points cost a team, much less what an encumbered win and loss of those points mean to a team..

That is wrong on so many levels. losing 25 points means you should have not even showed up. Encumbered is a fancy way of saying we took away your win and your stage points AND your playoff points. Right now for the 22 team they have to win a race to be in the playoffs and the "encumbered" is a huge reason. In addition to the 25 driver points they took away 25 owner points. If you think that is small potatoes so be it. It isn't. Larson lost 35 points, fortunately because of his teams performance 35 points he could handle, but they lost 35 owner points and there is money awarded to the owners at the end of the year and the amounts aren't anything to sneeze at.
Refreshing that someone gets it.

like I said above if you don't think the penalties to the 22 for example isn't enough, have at it dude. you have no idea how much 35 owner points cost a team, much less what an encumbered win and loss of those points mean to a team..
You need glasses, I never said take away 25/35 points, you did. The penalty never fits the crime in this sport. I never mentioned the 22 car, you did. I'm tired of cars being destroyed in a 'victory burnout" just to pass post race inspection. I'm also tired of aero cars. This week at Indy will be a sh!ttY race. the car up front will get a half a lap lead on the field and it will be boring as it has over the last few years. If you cheat, you pay the price, if it means you finish dead last, so be it. dude.

When you run up front week in and week out they tend to look a little closer.

42 team has the speed, but 78 team has been executing much better. The stage wins will be huge come the Chase

Back
Top Bottom