Larson returns to dirt

Well tonight is the night that Larson will be back in a sprint car. I wonder how many races he is lined up to run or if he is planning a run for the World of Outlaws championship. Here is the schedule.

Well tonight is the night that Larson will be back in a sprint car. I wonder how many races he is lined up to run or if he is planning a run for the World of Outlaws championship. Here is the schedule.

Good for him, hope he is successful in his current endeavors. :booya: :salute:

Kasey Kahne is also going to run that race. He’s been getting in some practice for it at 311 Speedway this week.

What TV channel/Network is showing this race?

The DirTVision.com monthly subscription is $39.99 and gets you every WoO sprint car and late model race (except for the Knoxville Nationals and I believe the King's Royal). Normally that is 15+ races per month during the height of the season. Obviously not that many right now, but definitely worth considering if you're a dirt fan.

Reactions: sdj
I hope Larson has a good night.
Meh. I'm completely disinterested in how Kyle Larson runs at the current time. Fans lining up to cheer his "return" just doesn't feel right to me. Winning sprint car races won't get me back on his fan wagon. Going to races and successfully avoiding another racist open mike blunder also won't do it for me.

To get my support back again, Larson has to convince me that he has lifted himself up and away from the ignorance and arrogance that got him here (i.e., fired by Ganassi and the sponsors). He has led a sheltered life of racing privilege, due to his enormous on-track talents. And he allowed himself to fall into a self-centered ecosystem - all about Kyle - that didn't care about the 400 years of oppression and hatred distilled into that evil word he tosses out so casually. He needs to overcome that ignorance and arrogance in his own heart, and convince me that he has done so, to win my support.

I don't know exactly what it will take. That's for Kyle to figure out. But I'll know it when I see it... over a period of time. I knew it when I saw it from Michael Vick, and most others saw it too (but not all, far from all were willing to give Mike a second chance). Vick created a beautiful redemption story, and I hope Larson will do the same. If Kyle Larson walks his journey the right way, fans and sponsors and team owners will walk with him and I'll be among them. But not yet... he has work to do to show me he has lifted himself up.

They're qualifying now. I'm much more excited about the fantastic field of sprint car drivers being on track at Knoxville than I am that Larson is in the field. Though I'm fine with him being there. If I'm sentimentally hoping a NASCAR guy has a good night, it's Kahne.

Doesn't look like Kahne made the feature

1588992650353.png

It looks like Rico must have not had a very good race.

Hell of a finish. Gravel passes Madsen on the last lap for the win

Yep, was quite a show to watch Gravel pick off the top three one by one and take the win. Would have been happy to see Madsen get one as well.

Here is an article that shines a little bit of light on what Larson has been doing and what it was like at a race with out fans. StandOnit, you were right about him being in California. It was nice that someone donated 5 grand to make it a
$15,000.00 main.

Last edited:
Meh. I'm completely disinterested in how Kyle Larson runs at the current time. Fans lining up to cheer his "return" just doesn't feel right to me. Winning sprint car races won't get me back on his fan wagon. Going to races and successfully avoiding another racist open mike blunder also won't do it for me.

To get my support back again, Larson has to convince me that he has lifted himself up and away from the ignorance and arrogance that got him here (i.e., fired by Ganassi and the sponsors). He has led a sheltered life of racing privilege, due to his enormous on-track talents. And he allowed himself to fall into a self-centered ecosystem - all about Kyle - that didn't care about the 400 years of oppression and hatred distilled into that evil word he tosses out so casually. He needs to overcome that ignorance and arrogance in his own heart, and convince me that he has done so, to win my support.

I don't know exactly what it will take. That's for Kyle to figure out. But I'll know it when I see it... over a period of time. I knew it when I saw it from Michael Vick, and most others saw it too (but not all, far from all were willing to give Mike a second chance). Vick created a beautiful redemption story, and I hope Larson will do the same. If Kyle Larson walks his journey the right way, fans and sponsors and team owners will walk with him and I'll be among them. But not yet... he has work to do to show me he has lifted himself up.
mini_High Horse.jpg

Larson lost his ride, and deservedly so. But it needs to end there. It’s a bad word, but it’s still a word. He didn’t kill anyone, he didn’t steal, he didn’t rape, he said a word. Time for everyone to move on. His time in a top ride in NASCAR is done, id say that’s plenty of punishment. Also, the white guilt over an Asian dude saying the n word makes me think some people need the number of my therapist lol

I'm not going to discuss anything about what he said to get him in trouble because that is in the past, and it has already been batted back and forth in another thread until it was finally forced to get kicked down stairs where it died, and this one will be also if we are not careful. It would be nice to keep this thread alive up here so we can discuss the rebuilding of his life and racing career whether it's on dirt or asphalt...or at least until next weekend when NASCAR racing is back. :)

I'm not going to discuss anything about what he said to get him in trouble because that is in the past, and it has already been batted back and forth in another thread until it was finally forced to get kicked down stairs where it died, and this one will be also if we are not careful. It would be nice to keep this thread alive up here so we can discuss the rebuilding of his life and racing career whether it's on dirt or asphalt...or at least until next weekend when NASCAR racing is back. :)

Larson's life is his own. He has lived it with many watching, and got caught. He knows his flaw (maybe), and if he fixes it, he will be back (maybe). I really don't care if he rebuilds professionally, and personally, I don't have any interest in the kind of human being that is represented by the use of that vocabulary being a part of society.

Are we really about to compare someone who was legally convicted of being involved in a dog fighting ring & incarcerated for it to another person who stupidly said a racial slur during a video game?

I predicted at the beginning of all of this that some people and maybe the media, because they had nothing else to do, would make Kyle out to be someone who acted out in violence. Unfortunately, it’s come to fruition.

Like Ive said before, Kyle acted like a teenager instead of a popular figure, a father and a husband. He’s paid the price and has stepped onto the path of recovery.

To compare his actions with that of an actual violent criminal is ludicrous.

Hes been out of the car for over a year, and McFadden has been faster in that car last year then Kasey was.
Eh, figured you would know the answer. Dissapointing, but it looks like Kahne's in car racing days are numbered.

Eh, figured you would know the answer. Dissapointing, but it looks like Kahne's in car racing days are numbered.
If I remember right he was at a couple of the midget races I was at last year and I thought he ran ok. I'm thinking he was at Indy when Larson did a spin & win on the last corner of the race, but my memory can be fuzzy at times. :)

If I remember right he was at a couple of the midget races I was at last year and I thought he ran ok. I'm thinking he was at Indy when Larson did a spin & win on the last corner of the race, but my memory can be fuzzy at times. :)

Kahne was injured in a sprint car flip at Williams Grove last March, and had not raced again until yesterday. It's possible he was running some midget stuff in 2018.

He looked decently fast in some of his early races last year that were to be part of a 50+ race schedule, but he also looked out of practice. McFadden definitely was a lot better once he was in the car.

410 sprint car driving is seriously tough. I think he should maybe try some 360 stuff, but that is super competitive too.

Kahne was injured in a sprint car flip at Williams Grove last March, and had not raced again until yesterday. It's possible he was running some midget stuff in 2018.

He looked decently fast in some of his early races last year that were to be part of a 50+ race schedule, but he also looked out of practice. McFadden definitely was a lot better once he was in the car.

410 sprint car driving is seriously tough. I think he should maybe try some 360 stuff, but that is super competitive too.
Maybe I'm thinking of Danica's ex. I know he was at a few midget races I was at last year.:confused:

It was Stenhouse I was thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom