Larson very bad accident he’s ok

I think this shows his lack of maturity. Like he doesn't know where the criticism is coming from....

Give me a list of non-Real Racers.....

It's a romantic ideal.....like the only thing that separates the common dude from a "Real Racer" is talent. The desire is the same. Yeah, okay.
I knew you wouldn't get it, :D Most of us do no matter who we pull for.

I knew you wouldn't get it, :D Most of us do no matter who we pull for.

Yeah, you are in love with the idea, but let's get back to my question....YOUR Champion, Kyle Busch, a "real racer" yes or no?

I understand you try to derail every thread, I get that.

No answer is an answer. Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Glad you are surviving what must be a very difficult offseason for you!

Pretty sure front runners have indoor only cars.
Yeah they probably will have a bit different car. My point was that Larson will have what he needs for whatever track he runs. He has his own team and doesn't have to race what they put him in. Awful successful so far

Larson has dominated the midget circuit of late. Since Larson started racing for himself at Kyle Larson Racing, he’s won almost every feature entered. Despite leaving the comfortable confines of Keith Kunz Motorsports, Larson has to be considered the favorite to take home his first Golden Driller in the 2020 Chili Bowl Nationals.

http://racinboysscoop.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=53532

having to cancel out four events. I bet his car owner/sponsor is jumping for joy with that news. Never heard of a Nascar management team, wonder who that bunch of clowns are.

Bell getting asked to step away from dirt already...coming home weekly from New Zealand, still to race in the Chili Bowl. It’ll be interesting to see if this is just a one-time thing from the crash scare or if he’s asked to scale back more in general now that he’s at the big time.

https://www.velocitynews.co.nz/christopher-bell-ruled-out-of-international-midget-series
That really sucks
Racing tonight at Bay Park Speedway, Tauranga..... A couple of hours drive from Western Springs

Jimmie Johnson is not a "racer"?
Why would you ask me that question? I'm discussing Kyle Larson and dirt track racing. I have no idea if Jimmie Johnson races anything on his free time or not. That being said he has had a very strong career in Nascar racing. The two guys that I think are pretty transparent that they race for the love of it and not just for the money are Kyle Busch and Kyle Larson. That doesn't mean they are more of a racer but they may enjoy the thrill of racing more.

Maturation will be arrested if he is hurt at a track with subpar safety features. He can do what he wants, but the contradiction between what drivers demand at Cup races, and what they get at places where "their hearts are" is sadly pathetic. Much of his appeal is because he chooses to race for trophies out of the limelight. Some of the criticism comes from the thumbing his nose at a genre he has not yet mastered and collecting a paycheck while many spend thousands of hard earned dollars so that they can watch him tolerate a sport he does not love. I would just once love to hear from a driver that quit everything so that he could live his passion in Cup.
Don't you ever watch the Homestead races? He is the one that was giving the top runners a run for their money when a lot of the non chase drivers were just lying back joy riding around the track. I don't think he is thumbing his nose at anything and he has mastered cup racing pretty damn good imo and I think he will continue to get even better.

Last edited:
Why would you ask me that question?

The topic is Kyle Larson who has been referred to as a "real racer" because of his love for racing all of the time. Jimmie does not. Is he a "real racer"?

having to cancel out four events. I bet his car owner/sponsor is jumping for joy with that news. Never heard of a Nascar management team, wonder who that bunch of clowns are.
One would have to think TRD. They have a ton of money stuck into this kid. I believe comments were something along the line of they have more money invested in him than they've ever had in any developmental driver

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One would have to think TRD. They have a ton of money stuck into this kid. I believe comments were something along the line of they have more money invested in him than they've ever had in any developmental driver

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

David Wilson has mentioned the investment in Bell. I do think you are partially correct. Despite what you hear around here, TRD does not operate independently on this kind of thing. My guess is that TRD & JGR were involved in the decision.

I think we all need to pump the brakes on this real racer nonsense. Every driver in an elite or mid-tier cup ride grew up racing, didn't bother to spend any time in the education system.. works full-time around racing. Makes a living racing.

They are all real racers. Where you choose to focus that energy, whether it's one discipline or multiple has no bearings on how real of a racer you are.

I love working in the mental health field. I love being a counselor. I'm good at it. I would make more money if I picked up a second job working per diem to gain more clinical experience. I chose not to, due to burn out, the need for personal/self care time, etc. Does that make me not a "real counselor" or less of one than someone who chooses to do this?

Driver A is Larson/Kyle Busch. Race as much as possible. Xfinity, Dirt for the love and not for the money".

Driver B is a fictional. Has a burning passion for racing, just like those two. He channels all that passion into his NASCAR career instead of spreading it out through out his week.

What makes Driver B less of a real racer? Nonsense imo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eh, there wasn't this discussion until one of the posters who wears his emotions on his sleeve took issue with another poster who off offhandedly said Larson was a real racer. That poster was and always is looking thru KDB rose colored glasses. I think Stewart is a Real racer myself and so far Larson is following in his footsteps. Personally I wonder what Bell will do in the future, this didn't help his chances of winning the Chili Bowl. These guys need to stay sharp and in racing shape and that is why they are down there in the first place instead of laying on some beach eating bon bon's

Eh, there wasn't this discussion until one of the posters who wears his emotions on his sleeve took issue with another poster who off offhandedly said Larson was a real racer. That poster was and always is looking thru KDB rose colored glasses. I think Stewart is a Real racer myself and so far Larson is following in his footsteps. Personally I wonder what Bell will do in the future, this didn't help his chances of winning the Chili Bowl. These guys need to stay sharp and in racing shape and that is why they are down there in the first place instead of laying on some beach eating bon bon's
Truth be told, I don't know much about Bell.

I think he's a great fit at JGR, but he's struck me as cooperate JGR. Home grown in the Toyota racing family.

As for the poster, he takes them off. I think he wears them around you to give you a hard time. I think there's an online friendship there beneath it all lol

On the topic of safety, it will always be easier to ask more of the tracks at the NASCAR level when SMI and NASCAR (formerly ISC) have infinitely more resources than local tracks could ever imagine having. Some home tracks (definitely not all) certainly have inexcusable and lackadaisical safety standards but they don't get the publicity and scrutiny Cup tracks have, and you're definitely not seeing their quarterly and annual financials.

Truth be told, I don't know much about Bell.

I think he's a great fit at JGR, but he's struck me as cooperate JGR. Home grown in the Toyota racing family.

As for the poster, he takes them off. I think he wears them around you to give you a hard time. I think there's an online friendship there beneath it all lol

To me it looks like Bell will have a decision to make when it is contract renewal time. Will it be enough to race only Cup and probably some lower series pavement, or look for a team that has less restraint. Bell is from around my area and has been racing on dirt tracks around here for years before he moved into Nascar. Hard to tell about the "fit" yet IMO. It didn't work for Larson

Now they are trying to kill the smell with kitty litter

After opening night wreck, Christopher Bell abandons New Zealand midget racing run

LFR team owner Bob Leavine tweeted on Saturday, “Well I didn’t stop him from going.” He later added LFR "did not ask" Bell to come home from New Zealand. A Toyota spokesperson told RacinBoys.com, “Looks like he decided to come home on his own, he wasn’t asked to curtail anything.”

Bell confirmed that assertion in a statement provided to RacinBoys.com.

“After crashing on Boxing Day I decided it was best for me to skip the rest of the New Zealand tour in preparation for the 2020 Chili Bowl and Cup season,” Bell said.

Somebody is B.S.ing that's for sure.

Brian Theobald, primary sponsor and car owner of the No. 21 United Truck Parts midget, had a different take on Bell’s departure and told velocitynews.co.nz, “He’s been asked to cease racing for the rest of the series and has had to return home and focus on 2020. Christopher is incredibly talented and it’s always a privilege to have someone of his caliber racing down here in New Zealand.

“Naturally, we’re sad to see him go but we’ve got no doubts he’ll be back here to race in years to come. It’s a shame but when you see a crash like that, it’s easy to understand why his team back in the USA would not want him to continue racing.

I spoke to him last night, like us he’s gutted, mostly for the fans. Fortunately, he’s already looking forward to returning back here at some stage in the future. It all comes down to getting the okay from his management.”

http://racinboysscoop.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=53538

Last edited:
The topic is Kyle Larson who has been referred to as a "real racer" because of his love for racing all of the time. Jimmie does not. Is he a "real racer"?
I must be in the wrong thread then because I thought this thread topic is Larson was in a bad accident. You seem to be the one that keeps bringing up the word real racer. But I will play your game. Yes I feel Johnson is a real racer, but imo I feel all race car drivers are real racers. But that doesn't mean they are good or that they race for the love of it, some just race for the money and when the money is gone then they are gone.

Last edited:
Driver B is a fictional. Has a burning passion for racing, just like those two. He channels all that passion into his NASCAR career instead of spreading it out through out his week.

Driver B is not fictional. He is Jimmie Johnson. I agree with your post--my point exactly, but many romanticize drivers who race dirt and/or go back to the small tracks. Makes the fans feel closer. Like the drivers are there because they want to be--not have to be which is exactly what at fan feels at the track. I contend that Cup drivers are there because they want to be every bit as much as your Larsons and Bells with the notable exception of Larson who has said as much.

I must be in the wrong thread then because I thought this thread topic is Larson was in a bad accident. You seem to be the one that keeps bringing up the word real racer. But I will play your game. Yes I feel Johnson is a real racer, but imo I feel all race car drivers are real racers. But that doesn't mean they are good or that they race for the love of it, some just race for the money and when the money is gone then they are gone.

Who races just for the money? Larson has stated as much in regard to Cup, but who else?

Now they are trying to kill the smell with kitty litter

After opening night wreck, Christopher Bell abandons New Zealand midget racing run

LFR team owner Bob Leavine tweeted on Saturday, “Well I didn’t stop him from going.” He later added LFR "did not ask" Bell to come home from New Zealand. A Toyota spokesperson told RacinBoys.com, “Looks like he decided to come home on his own, he wasn’t asked to curtail anything.”

Bell confirmed that assertion in a statement provided to RacinBoys.com.

“After crashing on Boxing Day I decided it was best for me to skip the rest of the New Zealand tour in preparation for the 2020 Chili Bowl and Cup season,” Bell said.

Somebody is B.S.ing that's for sure.

Brian Theobald, primary sponsor and car owner of the No. 21 United Truck Parts midget, had a different take on Bell’s departure and told velocitynews.co.nz, “He’s been asked to cease racing for the rest of the series and has had to return home and focus on 2020. Christopher is incredibly talented and it’s always a privilege to have someone of his caliber racing down here in New Zealand.

“Naturally, we’re sad to see him go but we’ve got no doubts he’ll be back here to race in years to come. It’s a shame but when you see a crash like that, it’s easy to understand why his team back in the USA would not want him to continue racing.

I spoke to him last night, like us he’s gutted, mostly for the fans. Fortunately, he’s already looking forward to returning back here at some stage in the future. It all comes down to getting the okay from his management.”

http://racinboysscoop.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=53538

Of course.....whatever fuels the narrative.

Who races just for the money? Larson has stated as much in regard to Cup, but who else?
I don't know any of these guys personally so I don't have any idea if any of these guys just do it for the money and I have never said that any of them do. But I would like to see the article where Larson stated that he just races cup cars for the money. In drag racing I have worked with many drivers that pay to play but don't really love the sport or the competition they just love the attention that the sport brings them. There are a lot of fans that want to be a crew member on a race team but when they get the shot it doesn't take very long to figure out which ones wanted to do it for the love and which ones wanted to do it for what they thought would be glitz and glamour. After they see how much work is involved and how much pressure there can be the latter ones usually don't last very long.

Last edited:
I don't know any of these guys personally so I don't have any idea if any of these guys just do it for the money and I have never said that any of them do. But I would like to see the article where Larson stated that he just races cup cars for the money. In drag racing I have worked with many drivers that pay to play but don't really love the sport or the competition they just love the attention that the sport brings them. There are a lot of fans that want to be a crew member on a race team but when they get the shot it doesn't take very long to figure out which ones wanted to do it for the love and which ones wanted to do it for what they thought would be glitz and glamour. After they see how much work is involved and how much pressure there can be the latter ones usually don't last very long.
I have always thought you have to be a possessed freak to race.
It takes everything you have to do it, I cannot think of anything more demanding.
There may be a casual racer somewhere, but not for long they will not last. If you are not insane about it and can live with doing something else you should, otherwise the cost and sacrifice is just to much.

Snarking a drivers commitment says more about what the snarker doesn't know, imo.

So says the X Toyota driver who bailed so he COULD race some dirt races, and a Hendrick driver who probably has a clause in his contract forbidding him to get anywhere near a dirt track.

So says the X Toyota driver who bailed so he COULD race some dirt races, and a Hendrick driver who probably has a clause in his contract forbidding him to get anywhere near a dirt track.

Yes indeed, though I appreciated Elliott's sentiments here.

Larson seems to be weary of the bickering between the dirt crowd and the NASCAR-only crowd.

some just race for the money and when the money is gone then they are gone.

I don't know any of these guys personally so I don't have any idea if any of these guys just do it for the money

Fair enough on the Larson question....I am sure there are elements of NASCAR that appeal to him, but his heart isn't in Cup. He indicated that once the accumulates all of the wealth that Cup can get him, he will be in dirt where he wants to be.

So says the X Toyota driver who bailed so he COULD race some dirt races

Source please. Don't bother. There isn't one. That's not why he left the Toyota camp.

Larson seems to be weary of the bickering between the dirt crowd and the NASCAR-only crowd.

He started it. Sometimes he runs his mouth, and I think he regrets it. This is one of those times.

Back
Top Bottom