Larson very bad accident he’s ok

Yeah, dirt/sprint car is the same as Xfinity or Trucks. Yep.

That "jackass" is YOUR Champion. *Adjusts Champion hat, and tucks in Champion shirt* Merry Christmas to you, and Happy New Year!

I can't even with this........

I think this shows his lack of maturity. Like he doesn't know where the criticism is coming from....

Give me a list of non-Real Racers.....

It's a romantic ideal.....like the only thing that separates the common dude from a "Real Racer" is talent. The desire is the same. Yeah, okay.

I think he knows where the criticism comes from. It doesn't mean it is correct. He never pinned himself with the "real racer" moniker that you seem to be oddly infatuated with. It is absolutely a romantic ideal. One that has been thrust upon him from people who have been yearning for more of what they see weekly at their local tracks. People are in love with nostalgia and for whatever reason seem Larson as a bit of a throwback. I don't get that.

He is a racer, like them all. None of these guys/girls wake up at 25 and decide they want to give it a shot. There has to be some sort of a passion there to make the decision to do it. The reality with Larson is that he doesn't care what anyone thinks about his desire to race other disciplines. He hears the criticism and I'm sure doesn't like it. Who does? But as he stated, if he is having fun and enjoys it why does it matter? Why is it so important to people like you that he choose? Why the crusade to diminish the fact that the guy is extremely talented and is realizing and achieving his dream? I just don't get why it matters. It's not our money, our life, our career, our dream, our sport, our cars, our sponsorships......it just feels like an unhealthy incessant need to dictate others lives because maybe we are struggling controlling our own?

Eh....Hard to tell who the fans are let alone what they want to see.

I mean the stands were sold out in Bako when KB, Hemric and Jones came for the Winter Showdown.....people were buying the hell out of the KB meet and greet packs which were grossly overpriced. The stands were sold out when the WOO came into Placerville with Larson and Kahne running and the stands were again sold out in Placerville and in fact, expanded when Bell, Larson and Stenhouse came in with USAC for a Tuesday and Wednesday night race.....there was quite a bit of fanfare for those guys. I think it is safe to assume fans want to see the best in the world at every level

To me it looks like Bell will have a decision to make when it is contract renewal time. Will it be enough to race only Cup and probably some lower series pavement, or look for a team that has less restraint. Bell is from around my area and has been racing on dirt tracks around here for years before he moved into Nascar. Hard to tell about the "fit" yet IMO. It didn't work for Larson
Very true. Very true. This one seems different though. I just have a hard time seeing Toyota let Bell go. Though, it's really his decision

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Who races just for the money? Larson has stated as much in regard to Cup, but who else?
I see. I do actually recall licensing that as well. Cup series racing is his full-time job. He's still a racer, just like every other Pro

Very true. Very true. This one seems different though. I just have a hard time seeing Toyota let Bell go. Though, it's really his decision

Another thing about my "fit" comment. This is one of those multi car heavily Toyota factory sponsored midget teams. Bell has left them to drive for Tucker/Boat and here is a direct quote for why he left.

“Just, for me, I’ve been there, done that and won so many races for Pete and Keith that i just feel like I was set up for failure, going to the race track with them. Because we’ve been so successful in the past.”

“I hated that feeling. For me, going midget racing is about enjoying it and having fun.”

“I want to go there and do both of those things. Chad [Boat] and I have become really good friends over the last year or so. Now, whenever I go to the race tracks with Chad, it’s about enjoying it and having fun. Results are secondary.”

“With Keith Kunz Motorsports, results are primary and I really feel like I was set for failure whenever I was going to the track with them.”

https://racingnews.co/2019/11/06/christopher-bell-talks-the-switch-to-tucker-boat-motorsports/

If he decided to leave Cup at this point he would be just fine.

Interesting math.....and it is Kunz not Koonz. Great TRD partner, and one hell of a great guy.

So I'm at Western Springs for The last race is the International Series and just saw Larson in his pit.

I asked him for a pic and he obliged. His eye is definitely hurt some. With how it is it shows what kind of guy he is to say yes.

I know who's will post sideways or upside down. Can someone turn it right?

This pic was just 15 mins ago.
b5540be5f87b397bd83713f8fe7a3e05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Big first time win for Larson at the Chili Bowl. Still had the red eye in the winners circle.

(oops, just saw the chili bowl thread in short track)

Back
Top Bottom