Larsons priority is indy today!

I'd rather kick his ass in a NASCAR, but whatever.

@Spotter22 . As I understand the rules, a driver of good health and well being has to start each and every Nascar Race to be eligible for the Championship. Waivers have been granted to some drivers for health issues. Larson's decision to run the Indy 500 over a points paying Nascar race would then make him ineligible to compete for the championship.
Am I close to being correct here?

As I understand the rules, a driver of good health and well being has to start each and every Nascar Race to be eligible for the Championship. Waivers have been granted to some drivers for health issues. Larson's decision to run the Indy 500 over a points paying Nascar race would then make him ineligible to compete for the championship.

I would hope so, but nah…he’d get a waiver. They’ll find a reason.

Giving him a waiver for this is worse than giving chase one for his snowboarding accident, but we all know NASCAR will give him one.

Rest assured the deal is already done.
Are we supposed to be okay and accepting of the decision? I mean, now what’s gonna stop drivers from racing wherever the heck they want each weekend if they’ll just get a waiver? I was 100% on board with him running both. I was excited to see how he did in Indy. But if it’s one or the other, I think it should definitely be Charlotte. That’s just my opinion though, which I know doesn’t mean anything to you.

Maybe so. Personally, I'm conflicted about the waiver. I'm in favor of Larson sticking with the Indy 500. And in their defense, they embarked on this with the full intention of running Charlotte. It's not like a willing skipping of a Cup race... just the result of adverse weather.

OTOH, waivers for suspended drivers or those injured in non-Nascar activities are lame. A waiver for Larson is not as bad as those prior decisions, IMO.

I'm not sure why people want to view Larson's attempt in a negative way. His efforts, like those before him, attract extra positive attention to both NASCAR and IndyCar. Of course he'll get a waiver and in my opinion, he deserves it.

Like I said in another thread, Larson won't win either race. Now it is solidified.
The 600 is out the window for Larson, and there is NO WAY he wins the 500...

@Spotter22 . As I understand the rules, a driver of good health and well being has to start each and every Nascar Race to be eligible for the Championship. Waivers have been granted to some drivers for health issues. Larson's decision to run the Indy 500 over a points paying Nascar race would then make him ineligible to compete for the championship.
I'd bet anything that Rick had that waiver in place with NASCAR before shifting their stance of the 500 taking priority. Cause this whole time it was "the cup car is still the priority".

I'm not sure why people want to view Larson's attempt in a negative way. His efforts, like those before him, attract extra positive attention to both NASCAR and IndyCar. Of course he'll get a waiver and in my opinion, he deserves it.
Yes. Im actually excited as hell to see how he does. I was just thinking generally how ironic that would/could be.

Are we supposed to be okay and accepting of the decision? I mean, now what’s gonna stop drivers from racing wherever the heck they want each weekend if they’ll just get a waiver? I was 100% on board with him running both. I was excited to see how he did in Indy. But if it’s one or the other, I think it should definitely be Charlotte. That’s just my opinion though, which I know doesn’t mean anything to you.

Nobody is getting a waiver if they just race wherever they want every weekend. That kind of hyperbole kills your argument.

Larson, Hendrick and NASCAR are in the news every day. NASCAR couldn’t buy the coverage they’ve gotten this month … and it’s not over.

The MPD got a waiver after being suspended for crashing Hamlin during the … wait for it … Coke 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Tbh, I care about IndyCar more than NASCAR so I'm happy with his decision but I can understand Kyle's fans on the NASCAR side who will be disappointed.
With Indy aiming to get going at 4:45, is there a realistic chance he'll still be in the car at Charlotte for the final 100 or 200 laps?

I can’t think of any reason why NASCAR would not grant Kyle a waiver.

Months ago. Ya think the France's owe Hendrick a favor or two from their joint LeMans effort and what that did for Nascar?. Waiver secured. Larson is 30 points ahead of second place right now in the points. He probably will still be in first if he misses the 600. I hope he makes the 600 though.

Tbh, I care about IndyCar more than NASCAR so I'm happy with his decision but I can understand Kyle's fans on the NASCAR side who will be disappointed.
With Indy aiming to get going at 4:45, is there a realistic chance he'll still be in the car at Charlotte for the final 100 or 200 laps?
The weather for Charlotte now says 100% chance of rain at 7. I’d say he will run the majority of the race and run it on Monday.

NASCAR really just needs to get rid of the rule to run every race, they obviously have no intention of enforcing it. Having the rule just makes them look stupid.

It’s like most of their rules. They have rules, but they have no idea how to enforce them. But yeah, this one specifically, just get rid of it.

It sure would be something and kind of ironic if he manages to win Indy, then takes over for Allgaier around halfway and comes back to win the 600 too only to not be credited for it.

If the driver of the #5 car situation develops as expected with Allgaier starting the race and Larson finishing, who gets the driver points ?

Asking for a friend that plays the PICK 'EM game . . .

^ Allgaier
If the driver of the #5 car situation develops as expected with Allgaier starting the race and Larson finishing, who gets the driver points ?

Asking for a friend that plays the PICK 'EM game . . .
No one. While they would go to Allgaier who would be credited with the result and prize money etc, he isn't eligible for Cup points.

As for the Pick Em, I would say you would need to Pick Allgaier to get the points there.

Allgaier definitely wouldn’t be getting that prize money.
Maybe not to keep, but he would be the “official” winner of it technically. And he very well may get a share if that happens for keeping Kyle in contention until he makes it.

So the rule is that the points go to the driver that starts the race and not the driver that finishes, except that Allgaier isn't eligible.

Got it.
Which is a weird rule to me. You’re going at least 1 lap down doing a driver change. If the fill in driver comes back from that to win, they should get credit.

I say make it a certain percentage. Like 75% or something maybe?
There's no reason to set a minimum. The potential for missing stage, race, and playoff points, along with owner and sponsor pressure, are sufficient to discourage drivers from missing more than a race or two during the regular season. Skipping a playoff race isn't open for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom