• ⁠No. 44 - J.J. Yeley

Notable sponsors this week:

• ⁠Kubota sponsoring Chastain this weekend
• ⁠Both RCR cars running BetMGM schemes
• ⁠Josh Berry's first race with Mobil 1 Take 5
• ⁠Solomon Plumbing sponsoring Keselowski
• ⁠USANA sponsoring LaJoie
• ⁠First Llumar race of the season for Chase Elliott
• ⁠Sport Clips back on the 11 this weekend (2 FedEx, 2 Sport Clips so far)
• ⁠Both Blaney and Logano running Pennzoil schemes
• ⁠Reser's first race of the season with Truex
• ⁠Interstate Batteries on Bell's car.
• ⁠Columbia sponsoring Bubba this weekend.
• ⁠First Z HP race of the season for Byron
• ⁠South Point sponsoring Hemric
• ⁠Albertson's sponsoring John Hunter
• ⁠Dollar Tree on the 43
• ⁠First appearance of the Jesus car this season (He Gets Us on the 54)

Screenshot_20240226_173811_Drive.jpg

Okay, I don’t hate this Hendrick scheme. I actually kind of like it

I wish Bowman would go back to the Hendrick 25 or 88 or 57 & Legacy MC takes the 48.

I wish Bowman would go back to the Hendrick 25 or 88 or 57 & Legacy MC takes the 48.
Hendrick doesn't have any history with the 88. The team never used it before Jr, and it's not even the number Jr wanted. Teresa wouldn't let him bring the 8 over from DEI. I doubt you'll see Hendrick run the 88 again.

Hendrick doesn't have any history with the 88. The team never used it before Jr, and it's not even the number Jr wanted. Teresa wouldn't let him bring the 8 over from DEI. I doubt you'll see Hendrick run the 88 again.

I’m not arguing Hendrick not wanting the 88 in Cup but Hendrick is part owner of JRM in Xfinity and they run the 88 and even had a bunch of Cup drivers in the 88 in 2022.

Hendrick should run the 25 again.

Interested to see who has real speed, plus how the new Camry and Dark Horse bodies fair on intermediates. Different challenge entirely.
No question. If you don't have speed here, you really missed it.....and the road back is not quick.

On topic …

Goodyear Fast Facts — Las Vegas​

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 3 – 267 laps / 400.5 miles
Las Vegas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval) – Las Vegas, Nev.
Fast Facts for March 2-3, 2024

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 9 sets for the race
(8 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes:
Left-side — D-5186;
Right-side — D-5222

Tire Circumference:
Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.);
Right-side — 2,277 mm (89.65 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 20 psi; Left Rear — 22 psi;
Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 46 psi

Storyline – Designing tire wear into Last Vegas tire set-up: Las Vegas has always been a low tire wear track. When race tires don’t wear, heat is allowed to build up and the they don’t run at an optimal level. To help introduce some wear on the Las Vegas surface, Goodyear designs the tread compound for this track to wear more on their own to help dissipate some of that heat. Being an intermediate track, teams are in a constant search for grip. One way they do that is reducing the air pressure in their tires. Goodyear has brought an updated construction to the Las Vegas right-side tire that is designed to be more robust. Still in all, Goodyear recommends that teams observe the minimum posted air pressures.

“Being a low wear track, we have worked over the past several years to find a compound that wears at tracks like Las Vegas,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “Excessive heat can be an enemy of the tire and of grip, so wear is a mechanism we use to manage heat and keep the tire in the right temperature range. The other factor we face on intermediate tracks like Las Vegas is teams going below our recommended air pressures in an effort to find grip and speed. As we have since the advent of the 18-inch tire, we have continued to evaluate performance and have designed several updates to our tire constructions to help expand the tuning window for teams.”

Notes – New right-side tire for Cup teams at Vegas: Being on the 18-inch bead diameter tire, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity and Craftsman Truck Series at Las Vegas this week . . . this is the same left-side tire Cup teams ran at Las Vegas last season, but with a new right-side tire (construction update) . . . Cup teams are also scheduled to run this same tire set-up at Texas, Kansas and Nashville . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.

Or so he thinks, but then he goes too far up and into the wall and Kyle B wins one more at his home track.
That was Larson, back in...fourth? I've lost track. I understand your confusion; all those HMS cars look alike.

Back
Top Bottom