Last minute rules change

racer8

Team Owner
Nascar has changed the rules again. They are letting the teams open up the grille to 3x 20 inches. They are apparently worried about to many engines getting cooked.
I don't know how to add a link but you can find it at fox sports

Nascar has changed the rules again. They are letting the teams open up the grille to 3x 20 inches. They are apparently worried about to many engines getting cooked.

That makes sense and I'm happy they are doing that...no need to see 20 blown engines.

(note: if they do this it could open up the possibility of a three or four car push)

WTF.....first I've heard of this, typical though, because IMO the drivers are starting to complain about the lack of ability to make a pass by pulling out. Should be interesting to see if this makes any difference, I highly doubt it. The Lame attempt by Nascar to deter the 2 car draft didn't work, so if this has any significant impact on the racing in a good way we might have something to look forward to.

This isn't going to do anything to allow a car to pull out and pass IMO. It just looks like an attempt to keep these guys from destroying their own cars in the heat of the day and the length of the 500.

With the added grip of the new surface these drivers have found a way to go faster. NASCAR tried to discourage this by limiting the amount of airflow and lowering the coolant pressure causing them to run too hot. How did the drivers/teams react? They worked on it more until the point they've now perfected the the swapping of positions in the two-car draft. They've learned how to push offset just enough to grab more air. I think today is going to be no different than what has been seen all week with the exception that the best have gotten better at this form of drafting and the worst have gotten, well, let's just say they'd better learn quick.

This isn't going to do anything to allow a car to pull out and pass IMO. It just looks like an attempt to keep these guys from destroying their own cars in the heat of the day and the length of the 500.

With the added grip of the new surface these drivers have found a way to go faster. NASCAR tried to discourage this by limiting the amount of airflow and lowering the coolant pressure causing them to run too hot. How did the drivers/teams react? They worked on it more until the point they've now perfected the the swapping of positions in the two-car draft. They've learned how to push offset just enough to grab more air. I think today is going to be no different than what has been seen all week with the exception that the best have gotten better at this form of drafting and the worst have gotten, well, let's just say they'd better learn quick.

Yep your probably right, most likely we will see a about 6 tandems that have any chance of actually winning the race.

that's nice. they should be more worried that their flagship product, the so called super bowl of nascar, has become a joke. i couldn't care less if they all cook their engines. they aren't racing anyway.

I can't believe that NASCAR is happy at this type of racing, but at this point, there's nothing they can do about it. So give them back their airflow so that at least most of the cars will last throughout the day. Not sure at this point how much of it I will watch. Good thing the Purdue-Ohio St game is on at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom