Last weekend of racing.

R

racerx11

Well last Saterday was the last weekend of racing until next April :( . Thanfully we had a nice night for racing, even if it was a little cool. Me and my fiancee took my little sister to Painsville Speedway for the last night of racing. It was a pretty magical night if you like short track racing. Lots of action and celebrating. The winner of the street stock feature crushed the track record for his class and celebrated by burning his tires off in turn 1 after the points champ did a couple victory doughnuts in the center of the cross.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: They ran extra fig 8 features for the street stocks and factory four. Lets just say it is a good thing those guys have all winter to repair their cars because they got pretty torn up.

On a happy sad note, the owner, Gordon Allen announced the sale of the track to a group of buisness men. Gordon was a great promoter. He sunk plenty of money back into the track, raising it from the dead. Now Gordon says these are racing people and not buisness men but I for one am hoping they do not just run this track into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom