Le Tour de France 2020

That Sagan penalty is garbage, agree with Horner, if he doesn't move WvA over he ends up wrecking himself into the barrier. He did it for safety, not an advantage.

Feel like they wanted to make the Green Jersey competition a storyline with Bennett and challenge Sagan to chase him down. It's working.

Sagan has been thru this sort of thing before, he was once eliminated from the tour for an errant elbow that crashed Cavendish. That elimination was very questionable

Bernal cracked yesterday. Ineos jumped on the front to drive pace. Doesn't look like he's got the goods. Find out for sure in the Alps.

That was a big day for Roglic and Pogacar. If they can hang in the altitude, they've got it. Jumbo-Visma has the numbers, young american Kuss is doing a great job setting up Primoz for the climbs.

Clear cut Slovenian favorites.

I have become a bit of an EF fan this tour. Hate Higuita had to drop out.
Hoping that Van Garderen can find some ole GC form in the coming mountains.

Another mountain stage today, Miguel Angel Lopez wins and is now 3rd overall.
Roglic distanced Pogacar by a few seconds so Roglic is now 57 seconds ahead. I didn't even know Pogocar's name before this tour but it is incredible what this guy can do at just 21. He could easily become an all time great. He lost over a minute on a windy flat stage during the first week, otherwise he would be in the yellow now.
Sepp Kuss was another one I had never heard of three weeks ago. He could also be a contender for grand tour wins in the future.

So these bike crashes should be a light snack for Primoz after that ski jump accident. That was nasty.

1 more big mountain stage left Thurs. stage18. Primoz and Tadej will probably wait till the last
climb of the day again before trading blows. I really am hoping Sagan can tighten the green jersey
points. That competition has been fascinating.

He's done it!
21-year-old Tadej Pogacar wins the final time trial to take the victory in his first ever Tour de France and he also wins the polka-dot and the white jersey along the way!
I can't ****** believe what I just saw!

Wow that's crazy. Pogacar was 1-man show. Devastating for team Jumbo-Visma... and Primoz, they controlled the whole tour up until this point. Just wow.

He's done it!
21-year-old Tadej Pogacar wins the final time trial to take the victory in his first ever Tour de France and he also wins the polka-dot and the white jersey along the way!
I can't ****** believe what I just saw!

That time trial format was something

That was one of the most spectacular sporting events I have ever scene!
I hope we get to watch these guys for many grand tours to come.

1600571364581.png

That time trial format was something
I was skeptical about this format initially but this was great. Deciding the tour with a time trial really put everything into the rider's hands and not on whoever had the strongest team around him.

It didn't get a lot of attention yesterday but Wout van Aert finished 4th in this uphill(!) time trial. This guy will finish 20th overall even though he is mostly a sprinter.

Sam Bennett is 55 points ahead in the points classification so he'll more than likely win it.

I was skeptical about this format initially but this was great. Deciding the tour with a time trial really put everything into the rider's hands and not on whoever had the strongest team around him.

It didn't get a lot of attention yesterday but Wout van Aert finished 4th in this uphill(!) time trial. This guy will finish 20th overall even though he is mostly a sprinter.

Sam Bennett is 55 points ahead in the points classification so he'll more than likely win it.

A standard format time trial would have given different results, the changing of bikes didn't do much for me either. Van Aert was a cyclo - cross champion, he has the legs to climb.

That was one of the most spectacular sporting events I have ever scene!
I hope we get to watch these guys for many grand tours to come.

View attachment 49279

Try to catch the UCI road world championships later this year, it is a fabulous show and it includes the best women cyclists in the world as well. The grand tours are amazing as well.

Sagan finally got his first win of the season, 20 seconds ahead on a hilly 10th stage of the Giro.
22-year-old Joao Almeida is currently leading overall, Arnaud Demare has been dominating the sprints.

Back
Top Bottom