Le Tour de France

Another interesting stage today, Pinot finishes second to Simon Yates and seems to emerge as the new favorite for the overall win now.
Alaphilippe lost about half a minute to Thomas and Kruijswijk and almost a minute to Buchmann and Bernal but remains in the yellow. As Jean-Claude Leclercq said,he was hit by the hammerman today.
I still aspire to enter the TDF and earn the yellow jersey by winning a stage. Soon.

Another interesting stage today, Pinot finishes second to Simon Yates and seems to emerge as the new favorite for the overall win now.
Alaphilippe lost about half a minute to Thomas and Kruijswijk and almost a minute to Buchmann and Bernal but remains in the yellow. As Jean-Claude Leclercq said,he was hit by the hammerman today.

Drastic for Alaphillipe, him and Thomas exchanging bad days, wide open now heading into the Alps with time trial still looming and 5 of them within 2 minutes. Pinot looking strongest in the mountains for GC on the last 2 stages.

I still like Alaphillipe even with no help team wise, I am rooting for him to hold on.

This tour is delivering on all accounts, it's been amazing.

I am still on the Alaphilippe bandwagon. Team or no team, I think he can do it.
That would be wild if Nairo could pull off another breakaway if he has any
legs left for stage 19. Team Ineos better start getting their chips ready to shove all in.
Only 2 days left of hard racing. This has been an entertaining TDF edition thus far.

What a crazy day ! Now , they have shortened the route tomorrow from 130km to 59km due to
weather issues in the finishing area. That means this thing is going to be a sprint up a cat1 mountain
and then a long descent to the finish and that will be it for the race. The top 5 will be turning themselves inside out
to get some separation from each other before the downhill drag race. This may be a crazy epic
stage for the history books. Wouldn't that be wild if the top 5 or 10 took off in a break away and just fought
it out on the mountain! This is contingent on if they take the first 59km of the current 20th stage profile.

Good call stopping for the snow. JA cracked 1 too many times, even with his descending... over 2 minutes back at the top of Iseran, he may or may not have pulled back time, but may or may not lost even more time on the last climb, tough to say.

He got absolutely crushed in the altitude these last stages 9% grade+. I thought he would have better performance on the high climbs from being KOM last year. But, not to be...

Egan in a very good spot now. Very unfortunate injury on Pinot, who may have been the only one able to challenge him for the GC.

Yikes... stages within stages... I wonder if Nascar is watching this..:oops:

An abject lesson for those who think there's only one right way to organize a sporting competition.

3ea95

Here is the profile of the shortened stage tomorrow. An uphill sprint , no descent. This will be fun !

Kinda sucks it has to end like this but obviously the safety of the drivers and fans is the most important thing so the Tour direction has done the right thing by shortening tomorrow's stage.
Don't know if it will be enough to create a gap but we'll see.

Descents are usually fantastic to watch. I love seeing the riders make their way down the hill at 90 kph with a cliff just at the side of the road.
Remember when Warren Barguil almost got ran over by a bunch of cows a couple of years ago.

Egan Bernal wins the tour, Thomas will be 2nd and Kruijswijk 3rd.
Buchmann misses out on the podium by 25 seconds but he's just 26 and definitely has the chance to win some Grand Tours in the future.
Alaphilippe lost 3 minutes on the climb today and will end up 5th overall.
Still a great effort for him. He put on one hell of a show, fought to keep the yellow every day and came close to becoming the first French winner in 35 years.

Bardet wins the polka-dot jersey and Bernal will also get the white jersey.

Vincenzo Nibali has won today's stage, pretty much leading from start to finish.

Really enjoyed this years addition of Le Tour. Benal gets the Yellow and white jerseys and
was just 9 pts away from getting the polka dots. What a performance. Ineos is the best team
money can buy. Like the Yankees of bike racing. Just think of what they would of done
had Froome been there. Now to get through the "no daily tour withdrawls" starting Monday.

This TdF stunt deserves a special jersey of its own, maybe an aluminum foil jersey...

Good call stopping for the snow. JA cracked 1 too many times, even with his descending... over 2 minutes back at the top of Iseran, he may or may not have pulled back time, but may or may not lost even more time on the last climb, tough to say.

He got absolutely crushed in the altitude these last stages 9% grade+. I thought he would have better performance on the high climbs from being KOM last year. But, not to be...

Egan in a very good spot now. Very unfortunate injury on Pinot, who may have been the only one able to challenge him for the GC.

Yep, the big climbs bring out the very best

Back
Top Bottom