Legal NASCAR streams?

Correct me if I am wrong, can't anyone just log onto NBC Sports and watch Sunday night football without logging in as a cable customer? I am pretty sure I have never had to give my cable credentials for Sunday night football games. For ESPN3 yes, I have that is correct. So if NBC doesn't make people sign in for Sunday Night Football, here is hoping they do the same for Nascar races. Fox Sports Go does require cable credentials though.

I think they changed that. You can watch for an hour before having to login.

I believe most major networks carry NBC Sports. It would have to be a very few that don't by now.

But is it on the basic-tier package? Every cable provider I've looked at, you have to upgrade for NBCSN.

You can get Netflix for $8/month (same with Amazon Prime and Hulu) and have access to thousands of movies and TV shows and a lot of these HDTVs, Blu Ray players and video game consoles have access to streaming media services built in to them. There are a lot of people who either can't afford or don't feel like paying $100+/month for cable.
Thanks for the info.

Correct me if I am wrong, can't anyone just log onto NBC Sports and watch Sunday night football without logging in as a cable customer? I am pretty sure I have never had to give my cable credentials for Sunday night football games. For ESPN3 yes, I have that is correct. So if NBC doesn't make people sign in for Sunday Night Football, here is hoping they do the same for Nascar races. Fox Sports Go does require cable credentials though.
SNF is on network TV though. The vast majority of NASCAR races that Comcast has the rights to will be on NBCSN.

I haven't dealt with NBC so I cant say for certain but ESPN, FOX Sports, and ABC all require you to give some sort of credential in order for you to view their programming.

I guess it's hit and miss for other networks. It would be awesome to just get their corresponding app and watch it on your iPad or tv through the PS3 or something.

Then again, that'd be too easy.

Welp, time to buy a TV and an XBone.
Don't most new TVs these days come with streaming features/apps already built-in? I think they're called Smart TVs. If not then you can just buy a Roku stick for $50. No need to spend $400 on a gaming console if all you want to do is stream stuff.

Don't most new TVs these days come with streaming features/apps already built-in? I think they're called Smart TVs. If not then you can just buy a Roku stick for $50. No need to spend $400 on a gaming console if all you want to do is stream stuff.

Yea, but doesn't XBone also stream twitch.tv channels?

Welp, time to buy a TV and an XBone.

Eww. Get yourself a PS4.

It is true that smart tvs come with certain features, not all of them. Mainly Netflix. But those will run you anywhere from a thousand+ so you will lose money in that investment to start.

Yea, but doesn't XBone also stream twitch.tv channels?

Both consoles do now.

YUS! Thank you! :D

Any suggestion on which TV to buy?

Well a few years ago I bought a 32 inch Insignia from Best Buy (Their own brand) for 330 bucks and now they're going for like 170.

Still holding up today pretty good. But at this point, there are far better deals and alot cheaper, too.

You cant go wrong with a Sony or Samsung.

Also, how many inches are you looking for? LCD or LED? prices varies depending on what you're looking for.

Can also stream MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO GO and more.
If I was interested in those services (which I'm not), I'm sure I could get set up for less money than buying a gaming console.

If I was interested in those services (which I'm not), I'm sure I could get set up for less money than buying a gaming console.

Probably, but a console can be a good choice as well. If what you want to stream is available on it, you can save the clutter of having an additional box at your tv. And it can replace your existing DVD/Blu-Ray player as well, so that saves space. Plus, you can play games on it. ;)

Probably, but a console can be a good choice as well. If what you want to stream is available on it, you can save the clutter of having an additional box at your tv. And it can replace your existing DVD/Blu-Ray player as well, so that saves space. Plus, you can play games on it. ;)
Ah, but I don't play games.

It says they plan on streaming all the races online but you still need a cable tv package with those channels in order to watch it.

It says they plan on streaming all the races online but you still need a cable tv package with those channels in order to watch it.

Oh **** off you ******* cable companies. I am not going to spend a hundred and some dollars just to watch NASCAR.

This off season, NASCAR has openly encouraged both of their television partners — FOX and NBC – to make each and every one of their races available via live streaming through the networks’ live streaming platforms FOX Sports Go and NBC Sports Live Extra."
I picked up a used Dell tablet so I decided to start poking around with this 'streaming' stuff all you kids are talking about these days. I thought maybe it would be useful to watch races on the deck on a nice afternoon.

I'm a paid Dish subscriber. Fox Sports Go apparently doesn't allow users of either major satellite service to log on (Dish or Direct), even thought they both carry the Fox sports networks. NBC Sports allows me to attempt to log on, but only gives me the message "Authentication error. A time out or configuration error caused this operation to fail."

So far I'm unimpressed. Fortunately, I've other plans and uses for the tablet.

Oh **** off you ******* cable companies. I am not going to spend a hundred and some dollars just to watch NASCAR.

I dont think it's the cable's fault here. It's the greedy Networks.

They're losing money when they stream for free. With Cable at least they get paid.

So the streams don't have ads? I assumed they did, and that the ads were paying the bills the same way they do for broadcasts.

They do indeed. Some dont.

Some would just have their logos on screen whenever there is a commercial going on.

I find that streaming things online (Specially on tablets and such) pretty lame because you have to jump through alot of hoops to watch something.

Take the cable app I have for my phone. I can load it up and watch TV on my phone or tablet but if I take a trip to say, New Jersey where my brother lives, if I open that app and try to watch tv away from home it won't let me.

I find that streaming things online (Specially on tablets and such) pretty lame because you have to jump through alot of hoops to watch something
In my test case, the tablet is running Windows 8. I assume I can use IE, if I can figure out how to do that successfully on this desktop. Hopefully an additional app won't be necessary.

Next week is going to be the last week with cable. It's just too expensive. It's going to be weird not being able to watch all my shows and racing from cable. I'm going to look into Amazon Prime and Hulu for TV shows and hope to god that NBC and Fox will stream races for non cable subscribers.

Next week is going to be the last week with cable. It's just too expensive. It's going to be weird not being able to watch all my shows and racing from cable. I'm going to look into Amazon Prime and Hulu for TV shows and hope to god that NBC and Fox will stream races for non cable subscribers.
Sites like Cokeandpopcorn.ch and torrentz.eu are great places for cord cutters. If you can wait a couple of hours or a day after the race, you can download it and watch it. I also think nascar posts em on youtube after a week so all hope isn't lost.
Prime, hulu and Netflix all got boring for me. Never anything new. Poor selection after awhile. I canceled them all except prime because you get it with the free shipping deal. I don't know the last time I watched though.

I probably won't have real TV for a good chunk of this season either. I'm hoping to be able to find some good streams for the races; doesn't matter to me whether they're official or unofficial as long as I can still watch them.

Back
Top Bottom