Let's clear this up right now and remove all doubt

D

Digger

We've all seen the Scott Kalitta crash. At the top end of the track, he slammed into what looked like a concrete wall.

Track officials who were at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park tell me that the barrier at the end of the track IS NOT A CONCRETE WALL.

hmm guess it was made out of feather pillows.
i also heard they said he drove right through the sand pit i didnt see no sand pits.
There was a Sand Pit. It was just too small to notice.;)

either way, we lost one of the sports best, he will be missed.... that is whats MOST important....

It didn't take long for the NHRA lawyers to make idiotic statements.:rolleyes:

"We're going to investigate why the parachutes didn't deploy"

THEY DID DEPLOY YOU EFFING MORON!!!!!!!!! :dual9mm::dual9mm::dual9mm::dual9mm:

Look at the track on Google Earth and tell me where the sand trap is...
you have to zoom in to like 150 yards to see it. It's only 97 foot long, plus or minus.

ESPN showed an alky car blowing right through norwalk's sand pit yesterday. I wouldn't want to know what a fuel car would do.

Andy (and I) went through some of the dragways on Live Maps and not very many passed visual inspection. Infineon, norwalk, ORP, E-town, to name a few.

that run off looks kinda small.... dont look like much to stop or even help stop someone going full bore. hell, look at the Petty crash from Daytone when he rolled down the fence. That stuff was made to keep cars and such in, he took a big stretch of it down. Since then, it has been made safer... but that just looks small to me.... I dont know a lot about drag racin', so if i'm right or wrong, could someone clerify :D thanks....

you have to zoom in to like 150 yards to see it. It's only 97 foot long, plus or minus.

ESPN showed an alky car blowing right through norwalk's sand pit yesterday. I wouldn't want to know what a fuel car would do.

Andy (and I) went through some of the dragways on Live Maps and not very many passed visual inspection. Infineon, norwalk, ORP, E-town, to name a few.
Seattle doesn't have a sandtrap at all - I was shocked.

I CANNOT wait to hear what Tony Pedregon will have to say when they go there. :D

I would bank on infneon being improved before NHRA gets there. Bruton Smith will not take too kindly to the possibility of someone dying at his track - they're probably extending their gravel pits as we speak.

I was :XXROFL: when the ETown official said this: We have taken a lot of crap since Sunday, and most of it has been undeserved.

:bsflag:

So did any of the drivers complain about the track before the accident??????
hummmm. It's alwasy easy to blame after an incident.

So did any of the drivers complain about the track before the accident??????
hummmm. It's alwasy easy to blame after an incident.
:rolleyes:

It's about making the sport safer. There are things that can be learned from an accident like this. In this case, it's shutdown area lengths. Alan Reinhart of NHRA says he was alive up until he hit the barrier at the end of the track. Alan's word is usually the final word.

Instead of anayzing and fixing the problems back in 2004, NHRA played dumb to what happened to Darrel Russell, and now we've lost another driver. One thing is clear, changes need to be made.

Do you think the SAFER barrier, COT and everything other safety measure NASCAR adoped happened because nobody looked back at it or did those improvements happen because somebody said, "we could've done this better?"

Back
Top Bottom