Lets talk about your faves!

He is my favorite NASCAR driver!!!! :bounce: I like how he talks, but that Is the smallest detail. He is just nice person as well as a good racecar driver. He owns the Ward Burton Wildlife Foundation, and helps protect animals in the wilderness. He has helped many people with surgeries, and takes time out for every fan to get an autograph. He races clean on the racetrack, and If a wreck does happen, later on he usually apologizes. He is just a class act, and will win many more times. I doubt that he will ever win a championship, unless he changes teams. But If they go bakc to Pontiac....who knows!!?? B)

What can I say, I love Ward. He's my favorite driver. He's a great driver. Family man who loves his family, loves helping people and protecting wildlife. I, too, could listen to him talk 24/7. In my book, I think he's a very good-looking man.

Oh I forgot to mention he has great aim throwing shoes. :lol:

Very exceptional driver. Somewhat witty and at times can be aggressive. One of the most consistent drivers day in and day out on the racetrack.

Very good driver...young and very talented. I think he will definetely be a future champion. No doubt! He is a great driver, but not quite my fave. ^_^

As much as it hurts to say this. Kurt Busch is one heck of a driver. (ouch). He's ugly and I don't like him. But he is good. (ouch) :p

I have to agree with Gollum. I really don't care much for Kurt Busch but I ain't too stupid to see that he is talented.

Kurt Busch is somewhat the future of this sport... as you can pretty much tell. Only to get better and better with time..

hes a good driver and has a lot of wins but his wrecks are affecting his points

They run the ad for Avacor with Derrike Cope so often on the radio station I listen to most (ESPN Radio, 1050 AM in NY) that when I think of him, the only thing I think is, "he has a fine head of hair"! :lol:

Sad but true, the power of advertising...:)

I think he just needs to stick with doing commercials and working on Nascar this Morning! He is not much of a racer...

Originally posted by bud_stud@Jul 9 2003, 02:14 PM
Dont forget about the 1990 Daytona 500...
What about the races he has ran in the new millinium?

Originally posted by Happy29@Jul 9 2003, 03:33 PM
He's only ran 4 laps the past 6 races he's been in.
Thats what I am talking about! :lol: :p

Got the shaft from Hendrick. Took the time needed to heal from a serious head injury & got the axe. Of course, even if he would have rushed back, wouldn't have mattered. Steve Park is living proof.

If he was on a multi-car team with losts of $$$ right now, he would have quite a few more wins IMO.

Definitely one of my favorite drivers is Ricky Craven. Won some of the most emotional and closest races in NASCAR history, with that win in Martinsville in 2001 and the close finish in 2003 with Kurt Busch. I expect him to have a great season this year, and if he can do good enough and continue to rack in top 5s, he may have a spot in the NASCAR Top 10.

Got to like Craven.Just seems like a good guy and a smooth race car driver.Same with Johhny Benson.Also Ted Musgrave was one of my all time favorites,too...glad to see him tearing up the truck series. :)

As you can see in my signature, he is one of my faves, but he is my 4th favorite. He is a very nice guy that seems to usually be a clean good racecar driver, I dont think he will win another race this year, but next year, I see 2 wins from that team.

Craven is one guy that is just as ugly as Busch or Biffle. But when it comes to driven he is good. I agree if he could get with a team that had money if build a great car. I think he could be a contender for champ.

Originally posted by Gollum@Jul 11 2003, 05:56 PM
Craven is one guy that is just as ugly as Busch or Biffle.
The pretty boys can't always win! :p

Oh I agree. we need some ugly people in victory lane every once and a while. need to balance it out. :lol:

One of the most consistent drivers in the past 3 NASCAR seasons. He is close to winning the Championship this year, but what he and DEI need to work on are tracks besides superspeedways, because their dominance at superspeedways used to be cute, now it's kind of annoying. He will win a championship either this year, next year, or the year after next but he will win a championship. Dale Jr. has certainly matured after his father's death and has certainly inherited many of his fans and has gained lots of his own fans, when or if he wins the championship, he has certainly established himself as one of the best drivers ever to race in NASCAR.

A moderately decent driver, in a great car. Always a contender at a resrictor plate track, even though it doesnt take much skill to win there compared to other tracks on the circut. I think he will end up winning a cup, with his breaks from nascar. The media gives him the atention of a previous multi cup winner, and I think some of that goes to his head. He does have talent but I dont ever seeing him being a great or a legend like his father. I say he will win one or two cups and have a decent amount of wins.

by looking at my advatar youll find out one thing out about me but i'll write out another: i dont like dale jr. he gets way to much attention and has nothing to show for it. the only tracks he wins at is restrictor plates and will probally be the only place he ever dominates. oh well everyone has their likes and dislikes.

I can put up with Jr. But I do think he gets by with alot just because of the Earnhardt name. He's not one of my favs but he's not one of my least favs either. I was a Dale Sr. fan but I'm not one of those fans who I call hand-me-down fans who think they have to pick Jr as their fav just because he's Dale's son.

Dale jr is a talented driver. In a very good car. But he will just be one of the boys. Except for what Nascar and tv makes him. Nascar has been looking for a face to stick on Nascar sence Dale sr. died. And that is going to be Dale jr.I was a big Dale sr. fan but never been a real jr. fan. But to each his own. :D

I basically like him, I think he's had some breaks from TV and "the powers that be", but he's had a lot of pressure and expectations on his shoulders since Day 1 and done just fine. Remember, along with the "hand me down fans" come "hand me down haters", so it's not all a bed of roses. He certainly has personality, which is never a bad thing, and I think he's shown he's got skills behind the wheel, so I like him.

Plus (ok everyone you can yell at me for being a stereotypical girl here) he is a cutie! ;)

Just a real classy individual. One of the first people to start raising the profile of NASCAR in the mass media...I remember when he won the million dollars, I wasn't following the sport at the time, but he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, and so I knew who he was before I knew much else. Basically a real class act, you never hear him say anything bad about anyone or anyone say anything bad about him, and you can't ask for more than that.

Dang, a whole serious answer from me...how did that happen! :)

What a great time to look at this thread!!!!!!! I've been a Bill Elliott fan since around 78 so i didn't jump on any bandwagon. Bill epitomized everything NASCAR stood for back then. A bunch of guys workin hard to achieve what they were looking for, a successful run in Winston Cup. Bill never lost his enthusiasm for his fans and for racing. I will be a fan of his long after he has retired. It's to bad another guy trying to make it today will not have a chance, Carl Long.

Back
Top Bottom