Lipstick And Chitterlings

F

fastfordfan

:partytime

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. —

Two adults in two separate cases are behind bars after police say they used children to help them shoplift.

Rosa Hightower, 34, and Joelle Mulumba, 23, are both charged with theft by shoplifting and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Clayton County police officers say Hightower shoplifted from the Kroger's on Highway 85 in Riverdale.

"You took four bags of chitterlings valued at $32 by placing the bags in a red bag as to conceal them," Judge Beatriz Scott said as she read from Hightower’s criminal warrant.

But it's what the judge revealed next that had inmates in the courtroom shaking their heads, and some laughing.

"You committed the act by using a 14-year-old child to act as a cover," the judge said.

Police say Hightower had her daughter cover her to keep the store's surveillance cameras from recording the theft.

Some shoppers couldn't believe it.

"I'm at a loss for words about this. It shouldn't be that important that you would take your child to a store and you would steal," Correlle Richmond told Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones.

Hightower was not the only person accused of using a child to shoplift in court.

Riverdale police say Mulumba also used children to shoplift.

Officers say she stole 14 tubes of lipstick worth $87 from a Publix in Morrow. They say she used her 2-year-old niece and 6-year-old nephew to help her shoplift.

Police say Mulumba took the children in the store’s bathroom and put the items in their clothes there.

Shoppers wonder what the adults were thinking.

"It certainly doesn't teach them how to be responsible and have ethics and making positive choices," Brenda Peters said.

Riverdale's police chief said unfortunately, some adults use children to shoplift thinking they won't be charged if they're caught.

Hightower and Mulumba are being held on $5,000 bonds.

Ooooh, so there the same thing as Chitlins? You can buy them at Walmart???

I learn some of the darndest things on here, Chitlins from Walmart....wonder if their imported from China?

No Thank You! I NEVER ATE Chitlins OR Possum!

As a boy I seen Chitlin's being made, they are'nt exactly the intestines of a pig there what I would refer to as the "poop tube" the ( insert politicaly correct term ) women would cut them out then stand in the yard hoseing em out with a garden hose, then they'd thow them directly into a big black boiling outdoor pot with collard greens and who knows what elses..............excuse me I gotta go puke now.

Many years ago we had a fellow by the name of Burt Lance running for governor.

On his campaine trail he said he went into a home in south Georgia they were cooking chitlings and collards.

He said it was the only home he had ever been in where the flys were trying to get out.

Many years ago we had a fellow by the name of Burt Lance running for governor.

On his campaine trail he said he went into a home in south Georgia they were cooking chitlings and collards.

He said it was the only home he had ever been in where the flys were trying to get out.

LOL, I beleive it!!!

Back
Top Bottom