Logo on plate racing - when will it stop

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Nascar's are built to do two things, go faster than hell and to be crashed. That hasn't changed since the first race EVER. Just because they stuck a mic in front of logano while he still wasn't recovered from having his bell rung and he said what he said isn't going to change much of anything. They will take the car apart and analyze what happened and what were the forces involved and make changes where or if needed. That is what they do.

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Nascar's are built to do two things, go faster than hell and to be crashed. That hasn't changed since the first race EVER. Just because they stuck a mic in front of logano while he still wasn't recovered from having his bell rung and he said what he said isn't going to change much of anything. They will take the car apart and analyze what happened and what were the forces involved and make changes where or if needed. That is what they do.

I mean, they already had Ryan Newman who had a crash that involved the roof and they barely did anything and now we got Joey Logano's wreck that also impacted the roof area. I guess the changes in NASCAR will continue to be written in blood.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I mean, they already had Ryan Newman who had a crash that involved the roof and they barely did anything and now we got Joey Logano's wreck that also impacted the roof area. I guess the changes in NASCAR will continue to be written in blood.
What are you talking about? You need to read up. Google Newman bar

DanicaFreak

Green monster
Cars going 200 mph when they crash sometimes stuffs gonna happen. Racing is supposed to dangerous

I dont want NASCAR cars to look like this:
1619562959602.png

Old Kid

Team Owner
Contributor
We've all seen much wilder flips but Joey's car did land on its roof very hard. Glad he was in good enough shape to bitch about it afterward.

2 Sweet

Legend

Blood? Newman only had very minor injuries, Logano walked away without a scratch.

Revman

TRD
I think Joey is far more reckless and aggressive. Denny reminds me of Junior at these tracks. Never seems out of control. My two cents...and yes, a biased as hell two cents. Your thoughts?

Team Penske

Team Owner
I think Joey is far more reckless and aggressive. Denny reminds me of Junior at these tracks. Never seems out of control. My two cents...and yes, a biased as hell two cents. Your thoughts?
I know Denny is good at plate racing thus his wins, however at times he seems to lose focus and makes dumb moves and at other times when there is a lot at stake he just plumb chokes.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Hamlin has one more plate track win and 10 years on Logano. I don't see much difference myself. Logano already has a title and will probably finish out the series with a better record

Michfan

Team Owner
Blood? Newman only had very minor injuries, Logano walked away without a scratch.
Newman had a brain bruise and literally got knocked the **** out. You're playing with fire. You can bruise some parts of your brain and be fine. You mess up other parts and you're drinking your vegetables out of a straw for the rest of your life.

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Newman suffered a brain bruise and was placed in a medically induced coma to keep him calm and pain free. He did avoid other internal damage and broken bones. “Minor injuries” is a false statement.

While the safety of these cars and driver equipment is extraordinary, I don’t believe the sport should keep testing fate until something worse happens. NASCAR has been really proactive about injuries since 2001 and it probabaly should never get to a point of complacence.

Revman

TRD
Hamlin has one more plate track win and 10 years on Logano. I don't see much difference myself. Logano already has a title and will probably finish out the series with a better record
I'm not talking results. I am talking aggressiveness and blocking.

Revman

TRD
We've all seen much wilder flips but Joey's car did land on its roof very hard. Glad he was in good enough shape to bitch about it afterward.
Yeah, and I didn't know that he is an engineer too. Not. I get that he has a voice in his own life/safety, but to pretend that he understands the physics part of this is ridiculous....even more of a concern is that the media is giving him airtime on this. Betcha there are thousands of engineers shaking their heads while Joey tells everybody how it is.

cheesepuffs

Smokes, let's go
Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Nova Scotia, Canada
They didn't "barely do anything", they took the results of that freak accident and used it to make the next gen car better in terms of roof protection.

Revman

TRD
Is there a rule in Nascar against that? I don't think either driver is the white knight here.
Fair on the white knight opinion, but maybe Joey should ask for a rule change before he goes into armchair engineering...

Top Bottom