Looking at getting into LMSC racing

voltedge

Spectator
First off, glad to find the forum. My family has been involved in short track racing since the early eighties and progressed from dirt ovals to asphalt when most of the tracks were placed in the early nineties. We ran what was called the NASCAR All American Challenge series cars which were pretty much a limited late model today. We then got into the straight rail super late models and ran those until giving it up in the late nineties. That all said, I’ve always been interested in seeing North Wilkesboro Speedway return to its former glory. My desire to return to racing started when I watched the CARS Tour from Wilkesboro via Racing America back in July. We’ve religiously watched every remaining CARS Tour event as well as a few others from various series since then.
That all said, I’ve been doing a lot of research online about the NASCAR LMSC from the rules to the tracks that they’re competing on. Being that we’re currently located in Ga, the perimeter frame Lmsc isn’t the car that everyone runs around here. Matter of fact, the track located in Cordele, Ga. is the only asphalt short track remaining in our state. It seems like we’d definitely be running in North & South Carolina as well as Virginia if we are running one of these machines. The straight rail super lates are the cars ran in the Southern Super Series it seems which would put us in Tennessee, Alabama & Florida predominately with a couple of events in the Carolinas. The other thing that’s come to my attention is the lack of easily accessible info on the LMSC and the chassis builders. Seems like there’s plenty of info on Super or Pro lates from a multitude of builders and even web information. If any of you could direct us to some good sources of info on these cars, I’d be greatly appreciative!!!

I see I have been summoned.

For LMSC chassis, check out Performancenter, R&S and Hedgecock.

The only major difference between CARS Tour and NASCAR rules really is shocks. BUT ... a lot of NASCAR tracks have their own rules. South Boston has a rules package giving weight breaks to crate motors. Florence is straight NASCAR. Some other tracks have shock rules or race with a Limited Late Model rulebook.

Thanks for the quick reply! I contacted Port City Racing and they replied that they don’t currently build a Lmsc chassis. I couldn’t believe it considering that they’re in the heart of that racing locale. I’d love to speak with you further if you’re open to it. Do you race as well?

Thanks for the quick reply! I contacted Port City Racing and they replied that they don’t currently build a Lmsc chassis. I couldn’t believe it considering that they’re in the heart of that racing locale. I’d love to speak with you further if you’re open to it. Do you race as well?
Hedgecock is my recommendation. We ran Jays cars and had over 100 wins at Myrtle Beach Speedway, Florence Speedway and other speedways in the Southeast. He's got the most updated info and can help you with setups if you need that kind of help

Back
Top Bottom