Looking for track days in California

R

Racingartist

I am 62 years old and have spent most of them building racecars and being the crew chief and setting up cars for everyone but me. Now I have a race car that I can drive. I have alway wanted to be the driver but because of rasing my family I didn't have the money so I worked on other guys cars. So I am looking for race tracks that don't cost an arm and leg for track days. I live in a small town called Twain Harte Ca. All I have been able to find is $500 or more to for track days. Is there any road corses that I can run my RX7 its set up for SCCA racing.

I am 62 years old and have spent most of them building racecars and being the crew chief and setting up cars for everyone but me. Now I have a race car that I can drive. I have alway wanted to be the driver but because of rasing my family I didn't have the money so I worked on other guys cars. So I am looking for race tracks that don't cost an arm and leg for track days. I live in a small town called Twain Harte Ca. All I have been able to find is $500 or more to for track days. Is there any road corses that I can run my RX7 its set up for SCCA racing.

Your local SCCA director or Mazda club should be able to point you in a general direction. Might see if there are some other drivers that want to split cost.

Get some of your race car building buddies together and check into this.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

they have scheduled 3 races in Ca. and 1 in Oregon this coming season.

Did the Chump car race at Infineon Last Jan

I built a 78 Olds Cutless I did the cage and getting the car together. My buddys had the engine. I work on the car every weekend from July till Jan mostly by myself. My buddys had Races and 49er games to go to and when I told them we need to get it done. They got mad at me because we had a lot of time to finish it. Well the car was ready to race but they waited till two weeks before the race to do the engine and it lasted 5 laps. At least I was the first guy to drive so I got the laps. It was fun for 4 and a half laps and the car did haul backside.:growl:

I built a 78 Olds Cutless I did the cage and getting the car together. My buddys had the engine. I work on the car every weekend from July till Jan mostly by myself. My buddys had Races and 49er games to go to and when I told them we need to get it done. They got mad at me because we had a lot of time to finish it. Well the car was ready to race but they waited till two weeks before the race to do the engine and it lasted 5 laps. At least I was the first guy to drive so I got the laps. It was fun for 4 and a half laps and the car did haul backside.:growl:

I'd love to run Lemons/Chump Car, it just sounds and looks like fun. But I'm in Texas, not florida, so I can't run for the team that my connection drives for.

I'd love to run Lemons/Chump Car, it just sounds and looks like fun. But I'm in Texas, not florida, so I can't run for the team that my connection drives for.

Lemons have 4 races in Texas this season, 2 races at Motor Sport Ranch Houston-Angleton TX, 1 at Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur (just west of Denton) TX. 1 at Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth TX

Chumps also have 4 races in Texas this year, 1 at Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur, TX. 2 at Texas World Speedway College Station, TX, 1 at Harris Hill Road San Marcos, TX

I don't know anyone running in Chump, but do know several Lemona teams here in Texas, fact the best team guys I know are here in Arlington-Ft. Worth. Maybe I could introduce you to them, if not just come out to the Eagle Canyon race and meet some Texas folks out there.

Back
Top Bottom