Looking out for all you men....

DeeDee

Team Owner
Don't want you guys in the doghouse...Saturday is Sweetest Day, I know none of you would forget that, but just in case a little reminder. ^_^

Sweetest day!!!Of COURSE it is...why,me and most of the guys on here were just talking about that day LAST week!---uh,right guys?

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 16 2003, 03:50 PM
Sweetest day!!!Of COURSE it is...why,me and most of the guys on here were just talking about that day LAST week!---uh,right guys?
:rolleyes: I almost believe that considering our conversation a little while ago... :rolleyes:

I think you still have time to get something sent UPS today.... :p :lol:

I might just gas up my Torino Gt baby.....I need to paint that damned 'grain elevator' thing next to your City Hall John Deere green anyway,huh?With a big 97 on it of course!!Yeah...they are gonna love me up there! :p

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 16 2003, 04:07 PM
I might just gas up my Torino Gt baby.....I need to paint that damned 'grain elevator' thing next to your City Hall John Deere green anyway,huh?With a big 97 on it of course!!Yeah...they are gonna love me up there! :p
Bring it baby! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dank,solid,-------damn straight! But I ain't callin' coke 'pop' for nothing! See you sooner than you think C.L! ;) uh--Detour at the cows,down three acres and bear right at the Amish wagon?Got it.Locked and loaded in the old steel trap.

By the way...I saw 'children of the corn'...those corn fields are gonna freak me out.Just letting you know in advance.

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 16 2003, 04:28 PM
So, 97......are we makin' a trip to Ohio????
can you say Romeo?????? I can't belive you haven't picked up on this already. :lol: :lol:

yea 97 we were just talking how our better halves so deserved to get us something good on sweetest day.:) or was it the other way around?

:p Yeah, you guys better definately remember your better halves. :D

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 16 2003, 05:28 PM
So, 97......are we makin' a trip to Ohio????
we? are you coming along Maj.??? :lol: ;)

Originally posted by JrFan4ever@Oct 16 2003, 06:10 PM
:p Yeah, you guys better definately remember your better halves. :D
I am the better half. :eek:

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 16 2003, 05:25 PM
uh--Detour at the cows,down three acres and bear right at the Amish wagon?
Didn't realize you were visiting the QofH!?

Originally posted by bowtie+Oct 16 2003, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Oct 16 2003, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JrFan4ever@Oct 16 2003, 06:10 PM
:p Yeah, you guys better definately remember your better halves.&nbsp; :D
I am the better half. :eek: [/b][/quote]
God...don't encourage him,Jr! :eek:

Originally posted by 97forever+Oct 16 2003, 06:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ Oct 16 2003, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bowtie@Oct 16 2003, 06:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JrFan4ever
@Oct 16 2003, 06:10 PM
:p Yeah, you guys better definately remember your better halves. &nbsp; :D

I am the better half. :eek:
God...don't encourage him,Jr! :eek: [/b][/quote]
heheeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Originally posted by DeeDee+Oct 16 2003, 06:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Oct 16 2003, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--97forever@Oct 16 2003, 05:25 PM
uh--Detour at the cows,down three acres and bear right at the Amish wagon?
Didn't realize you were visiting the QofH!? [/b][/quote]
Oh no....I forgot about her! Damn...is she still mad at me?I was NOT hitting on her!

I don't have a better half. So I save money on Birthdays, Christmas, Valintines Day and all the rest.

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 16 2003, 07:49 PM
I don't have a better half. So I save money on Birthdays, Christmas, Valintines Day and all the rest.
smart man.

Originally posted by bowtie+Oct 17 2003, 12:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ Oct 17 2003, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Oct 16 2003, 07:49 PM
smart man. [/b][/quote]
Thanks but not quite. Lost my better half to cancer. :(

:( Oh I am very sorry for that. I have lost my grandmother and two aunts to cancer. I know how painful and sad it is to go through that experience.

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 16 2003, 08:26 PM

Oh no....I forgot about her! Damn...is she still mad at me?I was NOT hitting on her!
:rolleyes: You better stop...

You do what you can to pick up the peaces and move on with your life the best you can.

I know exactly how you feel. It took me a while to get over my grandmothers death and come to terms with it. How long ago was it, that you lost her?

On Sept. 9 of this year it was 5 years. 5 long years but seems like last year.

How long were you married? Just because it's been 5 years doesnt make the pain less. Do you ever go out to social events? Maybe if you talk to other people, meet new people, it will help you a little.

We were married over 21 years. Oh I have tried the dateing thing again. But I just mostly stay at home now and me and Spok4 goes to Tallagada and plan on Bristol in March. But that is about it.

Well, its good that you get out some. If you ever need a friend, I am here for you.

I know the holidays get particularly tough Gollum. I find myself thinking about my parents who are deceased a lot more around Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you ever need to talk about anything we are here.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Oct 17 2003, 08:10 AM
I know the holidays get particularly tough Gollum. I find myself thinking about my parents who are deceased a lot more around Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you ever need to talk about anything we are here.
I lost a very good friend and my baby cousin both on the 28th of Dec. (different years) and as much as I love Christmas it is still very hard to celebrate knowing it's so close to when they passed.

My grandmother passed in late November so I know what you mean. I seem to always be down and out on Thanksgiving, remembering her. I was very close to her since my own mother had left me.

I was very lucky to be raised by my paternal grandmother. Both birth parents were alcholics and didn't want to be responsible for me. She had me from about 4 months of age. I didn't know she wasn't my "real" mom till I was 19. She died in March of 91 and I still miss her more than ever. I too think of her more in the holiday time. What I wish the most is that she could have seen and influnced my children. She would have loved to play and spoil them just like she did me :) I know how you all feel and like 4x said it helps to still talk and remember them.

Back
Top Bottom