Looks like the Wood Brothers made a mistake

You need to realize that the Wood Brother's don't run that car. Penske made the mistake, which doesn't surprise me as they have never been known to go chase a big name like that

You need to realize that the Wood Brother's don't run that car. Penske made the mistake, which doesn't surprise me as they have never been known to go chase a big name like that
You're playing semantics, I know exactly who runs that operation and who offers support. Bottom line they missed on Rodney when they had him.

Click bait? I'm not getting paid by you guys and this is the first time I saw it.
That's why I said 'click-bait STYLE'. I'm not accusing you of starting a click-bait thread. But the title could have been informative instead of suggestive. 'Woods dropped the ball on Childers', for example, or 'Childers unwilling to wait on Woods'.

That's why I said 'click-bait STYLE'. I'm not accusing you of starting a click-bait thread. But the title could have been informative instead of suggestive. 'Woods dropped the ball on Childers', for example, or 'Childers unwilling to wait on Woods'.
Lord have mercy, thank you officer

Eh, It's setup in an argument style. No they didn't, oh yes they did make a mistake. I don't think Spotter looked very hard, It's been posted in a couple places already. I don't think either one is going to set the world on fire Berry or Childers.

Eh, It's setup in an argument style. No they didn't, oh yes they did make a mistake. I don't think Spotter looked very hard, It's been posted in a couple places already. I don't think either one is going to set the world on fire Berry or Childers.
Yes, I'm trying to best the Deegan thread! I'm on the "yes they did" side! If you disagree you are wrong!!!

You got me

Yes, I'm trying to best the Deegan thread! I'm on the "yes they did" side! If you disagree you are wrong!!!

You got me
Your number is simple. I'm always right. You did leave yourself with a perfect out if they both bomb. Eh, see there, they should have signed them up together like I said lol.

Your number is simple. I'm always right. You did leave yourself with a perfect out if they both bomb. Eh, see there, they should have signed them up together like I said lol.
You took a post and read waaaay to much in to it, I wasnt pitting one against the other, my point was and is Rodney wanted to stay with Josh but the powers that be kept dragging their feet and lost the opportunity. See? Nothing sinister.

The thing that really surprised me was Rodney agreeing to crew chief Lajoie. I'm not sure that was a desirable job, but money speaks, I guess.

Reactions: sdj
Jmo, but I don’t think Rodney is polished enough to work at Penske. I think he’s probably a much better cultural fit at Spire.

I think Rodney saw the opportunity, and having a contract sitting on his desk from Spire putting their money where their mouth was had something to do with it.

I just think Spire backed the brinks truck up and he jumped at it. Great for him and we'd all probably do the same.

As fine a gentleman as he is, Roger Penske is at the head of a multi-series auto racing operation that’s been cheating for decades.

If you’ve never read Mark Donohue’s book The Unfair Advantage I’d suggest giving it a look. Example … after a couple of years of acid-dipping their Trans Am Camaro body shells to reduce weight the boys went too far with George Follmer’s car and had to put a vinyl roof on it to keep it from flapping around in the air stream like a sheet, appropriately enough, of tin-foil.

Recent examples .., Logano’s webbed glove and the Indy Car push-to-pass software debacle.

As fine a gentleman as he is, Roger Penske is at the head of a multi-series auto racing operation that’s been cheating for decades.

If you’ve never read Mark Donohue’s book The Unfair Advantage I’d suggest giving it a look. Example … after a couple of years of acid-dipping their Trans Am Camaro body shells to reduce weight the boys went too far with George Follmer’s car and had to put a vinyl roof on it to keep it from flapping around in the air stream like a sheet, appropriately enough, of tin-foil.

Recent examples .., Logano’s webbed glove and the Indy Car push-to-pass software debacle.
Or the time they changed the numbers on two very similar Camero's and ran the same one thru inspection twice so they couldn't look at the other one.

I just think Spire backed the brinks truck up and he jumped at it. Great for him and we'd all probably do the same.
I think Rodney saw the opportunity, and having a contract sitting on his desk from Spire putting their money where their mouth was had something to do with it.
He got paid for sure and I think he alluded to that in his press release statement. I think in the long run it’ll prove to be a better fit as well though. The whole buttoned-up, starched shirt type of environment isn’t up his alley. I think Spire will let Rodney say and do as he likes better than Penske would.

He got paid for sure and I think he alluded to that in his press release statement. I think in the long run it’ll prove to be a better fit as well though. The whole buttoned-up, starched shirt type of environment isn’t up his alley. I think Spire will let Rodney say and do as he likes better than Penske would.
I think Rodney took a bird in hand instead of two in the bush. If a Penske contract was sitting on his desk it would be a different story. He said he talked to everybody.

The thing that really surprised me was Rodney agreeing to crew chief Lajoie. I'm not sure that was a desirable job, but money speaks, I guess.
Think back to when Rodney was "The Man" at MW's. He worked with all kinds of drivers and was successful. Then with Harvick, he agreed but made it known that he was in charge and wasn't putting up with Harvick's antics.

I'll play devil's advocate here and suggest that Corey has been over driving the car trying to get something that isn't there.
By doing so he was getting less success and a lot of DNFs He was also ruining other drivers day in the process.

Back
Top Bottom