Lost Speedways

Spotter22

Team Owner
Season 2 is coming up on July 1st and I'm proud to say I got to work with Matthew Dillner and Dirty Mo Media on one of the upcoming episodes by providing Pictures and News articles contact numbers and so forth. I havent seen the footage yet but I bet this is gonna be one of the most memorable ones, I know it will for me. Matthew and Dale jr are great guys and do a fantastic job preserving our history. I hope you guys will tune in.

I freaking love this show. Something about it. One year when I went to Fontana, I tried to walk the Ontario track. There is something about a track that once was.....

There is something about a track that once was.....
Agree. I went to Nazareth a year ago and walked around. You can just feel the history walking around an old track or any abandoned place like that. One of my favorite things to do.

Watched the episode on Jungle Park Speedway in Indiana earlier today and the stories from this place are crazy. There was no outside wall on most of the track and cars often ran into trees, they had a pedestrian crosswalk on the track where the fans could cross DURING the race, and then there was a story of a driver who went off the track and ended up on a nearby highway and not only did he manage to survive he was able to come back and watch the rest of the race. Also, a track worker got killed while working on the track during the race and couldn't get out of the way on time.

Agree. I went to Nazareth a year ago and walked around. You can just feel the history walking around an old track or any abandoned place like that. One of my favorite things to do.
I hope they do something about that place. Last I heard there's plans to completely tear it down for development

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Lost Speedways" is compelling TV viewing for any racing fan, IMO. Dale Jr. is a talented on-air personality, and his deep reverence for the history of the sport comes shining through loud and clear. And production values are very good. There is something tragic about the dreams and aspirations of racers and entrepreneurs lying derelict and rotting away. Each episode is a powerful emotional journey for me.

This show reminds me of "Deep Sea Detectives," a favorite of mine that aired circa 2003-06. That great show starred legendary wreck diver and amateur maritime historian John Chatterton. I suspect Lost Speedways episodes will stand the test of time, as Deep Sea Detectives episodes have done.

I also like the "Dale Junior Download," but I'm growing increasingly weary of the heavy focus on talking about Dale Senior almost non-stop (slight exaggeration). Junior is excellent when he moves off that tired old topic, and co-host Mike Davis is great too.

"Lost Speedways" is compelling TV viewing for any racing fan, IMO. Dale Jr. is a talented on-air personality, and his deep reverence for the history of the sport comes shining through loud and clear. And production values are very good. There is something tragic about the dreams and aspirations of racers and entrepreneurs lying derelict and rotting away. Each episode is a powerful emotional journey for me.

This show reminds me of "Deep Sea Detectives," a favorite of mine that aired circa 2003-06. That great show starred legendary wreck diver and amateur maritime historian John Chatterton. I suspect Lost Speedways episodes will stand the test of time, as Deep Sea Detectives episodes have done.

I also like the "Dale Junior Download," but I'm growing increasingly weary of the heavy focus on talking about Dale Senior almost non-stop (slight exaggeration). Junior is excellent when he moves off that tired old topic, and co-host Mike Davis is great too.
Fabulous post. I agree with all of this 100%. Thank you.

I miss Asheville speedway it was a fun track.
I would like to see a lost speedway show on North Wilksboro and I still don't care for Bruton Smith.

Back
Top Bottom