Loving the new forums!

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
I'm usually fond of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing but in this case you guys really outdid yourselves. I'm having no troubles getting used to it at all, in fact I might've gotten used to it already.

Cheers!

Great look on my phone, haven't checked it out on computer yet. Flows well, easier to read. Good stuff.

I don't see where things were changed all that much. Works the same on my computer as before. What if anything is really new????

The one change I was hoping for didn't materialize. It would be great if your reading a thread and after you have made a reply, it should return to where you replied.
Instead you have to keep searching for that post.
Other forums have it so I know it is possible.

The one change I was hoping for didn't materialize. It would be great if your reading a thread and after you have made a reply, it should return to where you replied.
Instead you have to keep searching for that post.
Other forums have it so I know it is possible.
You don't use the "new posts" feature? This will take you to posts that have comments since you last visited or posted in that particular post. No comments? then you have to look. Easy peasy

You don't use the "new posts" feature? This will take you to posts that have comments since you last visited or posted in that particular post. No comments? then you have to look. Easy peasy
Uh, what 'new posts' feature? :blush:

(I've decided I don't like the new look of some of the emojis.)

testing your direction

I tried to click on "new" with no results.

I only have one complaint. On mobile, when you're looking through a thread with multiple pages, you have to scroll to the bottom to find the link to the other pages. And it doesn't offer the option to select a certain page

Correction, if you click on the "button" where it says "Page 1 of 12" or whatever, it lets you choose which page you want to see. That'll work well enough.

testing your direction

I tried to click on "new" with no results.
you have to click on it twice, then pick out the treads you want to read, read and comment to the threads you want to. Then double click again on "new threads". This should bring up the junk you didn't want to read. Double click on "mark forums read" and that will get rid of all of the junk so new threads and threads that are commented on the most recently are all you have to deal with. Keeps the pages low and eliminates having to sift thru thread after thread.

I can't remember what the old one looked like. B)
Pat do you remember our old forum where after you replied and hit send or post it automatically went to the first unread post? That is the one thing I miss here.
Sometimes I don't bother posting on here because I hate trying to find where I left off reading.

I’m a network admin. One forum interface is pretty much like another to me.

So cynical. Snazzing up websites keeps the Dilberts from going crazy with monotony and gives them little people something to look forward to.

What happened? You use to be fun... :)

So cynical. Snazzing up websites keeps the Dilberts from going crazy with monotony and gives them little people something to look forward to.

What happened? You use to be fun... :)
I dunno what happened. I woke up this morning sneezing, coughing, running a fever. Tough to breathe, too. I went to work anyway.

Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious, :sarcasm:

Pat do you remember our old forum where after you replied and hit send or post it automatically went to the first unread post? That is the one thing I miss here.
Sometimes I don't bother posting on here because I hate trying to find where I left off reading.
There is a little arrow next to the quote you posted to. That should take you back to the post you were viewing.

I use Tapatalk, so I've seen no difference. Anyone care to explain?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really liked the "old" forum how it was, but didn't mind the "new" one since it really didn't seem to change much. But the more time I spend on here since the update, the more I notice little improvements here and there. One thing that really stands out on the mobile version, you always have the "header" at the top, eliminating the need to scroll back up to find your notifications or the home menu or whatever. That's a really nice touch. I'm definitely liking the change :salute:

Back
Top Bottom