Madness

Hell if they are gonna count all NASCAR touring wins Bobby Allison probably has another 50 if not more in the Modified division. I just dont get trying to shove todays drivers to the top mixing multiple series together when many drivers never put that much effort in to it.

If that's the beef, then make lists for modern era Cup wins or Cup wins on modern era tracks or whatever. Stop lumping support and developmental series wins with top level wins to pad numbers. It's a joke to equate them in any way.

Let NASCAR know, this article is on their site

Hell if they are gonna count all NASCAR touring wins Bobby Allison probably has another 50 if not more in the Modified division. I just dont get trying to shove todays drivers to the top mixing multiple series together when many drivers never put that much effort in to it.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. is a better driver than Bobby Allison ever was, because he has two Nationwide titles and Bobby has just the one Cup title.

Oh, and :sarcasm:

Seems NASCAR is stirring up buzz in an attempt to elevate some modern names. This story makes NASCAR look kinda desperate for attention.

Only Shills and/or Fanboys join NASCAR in comparing top level standards of the day to formal gradations (lesser Series) of competition.

("Shills" word BINGO! What do I win?)

Mr. Evans would like a word.

61pose2.jpg

Are they going to start counting Pettys drag racing wins? Might as well. Somebody is trying to figure out a way to elevate today's drivers to a level of equality with the all time greats. Some will buy into it, those with a brain wont. I didnt read the article, does the article mention every single NASCAR sanctioned win for Pearson, or just his Grand National/ Cup wins? The crack heads are in charge.

Mr. Evans would like a word.

61pose2.jpg
The undisputable GOAT!!! ,by the new standards. Plus Bobby is ahead of Darrell now. Let's all go stupid and rewrite all of racing history so everybody can be happy. And pass out puppies and coloring books too.

The undisputable GOAT!!! ,by the new standards. Plus Bobby is ahead of Darrell now. Let's all go stupid and rewrite all of racing history so everybody can be happy. And pass out puppies and coloring books too.
Bobby was always ahead of Darrell, NASCAR needs to count his win at Bowman Gray like they did Tiny Lunds. Come on NASCAR, do the right thing!

NASCAR is correct, the bully Harv is indeed third in national series wins .. but can't touch Kyle Busch's record in the top 3 series. I spun it till I was dizzy ..... the total is still 204 and NASCAR agrees. If it is good enough for them, I will accept it.

NASCAR is correct, the bully Harv is indeed third in national series wins .. but can't touch Kyle Busch's record in the top 3 series. I spun it till I was dizzy ..... the total is still 204 and NASCAR agrees. If it is good enough for them, I will accept it.
ok, well make yourself feel better, BUT Kyle Busch has 54 CUP wins. Thats it. End of story.

I wonder if Harvick will say anything about this B.S.
Good question. He should immediately repudiate this B.S. in no uncertain terms. But he's always been a two-faced, hypocritical self-promoter with no sense of shame. It would fit his character to say nothing and slyly smile to himself. I hope he surprises me.

I think the standards need to be expanded again. If any driver, anywhere won a race at anytime in a state where there are three NASCAR fans known to exist, that win should be counted in that drivers total. It's the right thing to do. As a young lad, I sat in Bobby Allisons late model sportsman after a feature win at Huntsville Speedway. At that time the track was sanctioned by NASCAR. so, I demand credit for 1/2 of that win. Again, it's the right thing to do. And I want my place in the Hall of Fame. I deserve it.

ok, well make yourself feel better, BUT Kyle Busch has 54 CUP wins. Thats it. End of story.

I feel great but never disputed how many cup wins Kyle has, nor will I dispute the win count in the top 3 national series :idunno: 204 .... we can dance and spin but the book won't change. Quite impressive I would say

I feel great but never disputed how many cup wins Kyle has, nor will I dispute the win count in the top 3 national series :idunno: 204 .... we can dance and spin but the book won't change. Quite impressive I would say

54 of his wins are impressive anyway. The others, not so much.

About this KDB win thing, I guess it is a lot easier to get wins in a JGR car than
it is winning with your own Xfinity team. Something I will give Harvick credit for.
As for the trucks which I believe is a Toyota funded thing, why shouldn't a Cup top driver win EVERY race against those trying out for a ride in Xfinity and eventually cup.
The 54 cup wins are impressive and I think that is ALL that should be mentioned.

I never compare drivers from the old days to drivers of today. I don't even compare crew chiefs from then to now, it's apples and oranges in my eyes. I seriously doubt that the the King would have near the amount of cup wins if there was as much parity with the cars back then as there is now. I also doubt that Kyle Bitch would have as many cup wins and dominate back then unless he had a way faster car then the rest of the field just like Petty did when he brought out the hemi engine that had him so far ahead of the rest of the field which in turn caused Ford to put pressure on NASCAR to ban the engine which drove Petty to drag racing until they lifted the ban. I also doubt that old Smoky would be as savvy today with all the technology there is and I doubt that Knaus would have been the power house he has been without all of the computer technology he has at is fingertips today. I also only count cup wins when I'm comparing cup drivers of today against other cup drivers of today. I just count the other wins as having fun.:)

Last edited:
Different cars, asymmetric resources -- and lower talent, skill, ability with less experience across the field -- there is no legitimate comparison between these other forms of NASCAR racing and Cup.

Peer level racing success at the top (Cup) is the measure, the rest is just noise...

I never compare drivers from the old days to drivers of today. I don't even compare crew chiefs from then to now, it's apples and oranges in my eyes. I seriously doubt that the the King would have near the amount of cup wins if there was as much parity with the cars back then as there is now. I also doubt that Kyle Bitch would have as many cup wins and dominate back then unless he had a way faster car then the rest of the field just like Petty did when he brought out the hemi engine that had him so far ahead of the rest of the field which in turn caused Ford to put pressure on NASCAR to ban the engine which drove Petty to drag racing until they lifted the ban. I also doubt that old Smoky would be as savvy today with all the technology there is and I doubt that Knaus would have been the power house he has been without all of the computer technology he has at is fingertips today. I also only count cup wins when I'm comparing cup drivers of today against other cup drivers of today. I just count the other wins as having fun.:)
Precisely.

Precisely.
I actually pay more attention to how many laps a driver dominates during a race then a win. Because how many times have you seen a driver dominate most of the race and could win, should win, but didn't win because they got caught up in a wreck from lap traffic that was no fault of theirs or on the last pit stop got penalized because a crew member goofed up. I also try to notice if it's the driver or the car or both that is the main factor for a win. Sometimes the car is on and the driver isn't and sometimes the driver is on and the car isn't and sometimes neither are on...but lookout when they are both on.;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom