Maj or anyone else that reads Patricia Cornwell

DeeDee

Team Owner
Maj, I believe you and I discussed reading the Scarpetta Books before. Just wondering if you have read the new one, Trace? Two years ago, or however long ago it was, when it was announced that Last Precinct would be the last one I ran out and bought it as soon as it came out, in hard cover. Precinct was pretty good and then Blowfly came out and I (I hope you read it) but when they brought Benton back, I was a little disapointed, not sure why, just had a hard time with that. For some reason I really can't get into Trace. Usually I get a book and can't put it down, staying up all night til I have read it all. This one I have had for about a week and am only on chapter 7 I think. Can't seem to get into it. Just wondering your thoughts. Anyone else here read Patricia Cornwell?

Yes, it only took me a day and a half to read Trace. I thought it was great. It did take a little bit for the book to get going, but it does. Keep trudging along, it does get more interesting!!!! And, yes, I read Blow Fly too. I like ALL of Cornwell's Scarpetta series books. My mom couldn't get into Blow Fly but I couldn't put it down. Keep reading Trace, you will be surprised at where it takes you! ;)

I've also found another writer that writes similar to Cornwell. Her name is Iris Johansen. She doesn't carry the same main characters throughout her books like Cornwell does with Scarpetta, Marino, Lucy and Benton, but she will have a couple of characters that she introduces midway or at the end in one book that another of her books they become the main characters. Very good reads!

Okay I will keep reading. Have you tried the "in Death" books by JD Robb (Nora Roberts) yet? They are awesome.

No, I haven't. Can you give me some of the book names? I'll certainly check them out!

They are all "in Death" Vision in Death, Purity in Death, Naked in Death... They are great and she has a new one come out about every 6 months. And you do not have to read them in order, I read them out of order the first time and then in order the next 2 times. You will get hooked.

Dee, have you gotten any further in reading Trace? Just thought I'd check. ;)

Oh, and I almost forgot. I bought Witness in Death, Imitation in Death and Reunion in Death to read. :D

I hope you like the In Death series! They are by far my favorite.
I actually finished Trace last night. It did get better but IMO that was not one of her best books.It just could not hold my attention. We'll see how Predator is when it comes out.
I can't wait for you to read one of the In Death books!

Back
Top Bottom