Man in custody after police surround white van

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardScrabble

Seems to be near a gas station phone booth near Richmond, VA.

No statement yet from authorities though Moose is scheduled to appear any minute. Van is reported to be Plymouth Voyager.

?????

Moose's statement - We will respond to message received later.

Nothing at all about the van, no questions accepted.

I see they have something on this on CNN.com. I hope they got em

Yea, I hope that's the guy. This crap needs to stop now.

Reports now that a second person taken into custody at another location.

Are they just getting desperate and reaching at straws?

Doesn.t sound like it. The whole thing seems pretty well orchestrated. They are reponding to some type of information.

whether it has anything to with the main sniper, we don't know.

Press conference is scheduled for one o clock, PM. Can't wait til I hear we got the sniper(s). I am sure a lot of people in the DC metro area will be happy.

Turns out the two Hispanic men arrested today were not involved in the shootings. I wonder if the charges were dropped...

Boo, from what I just heard is that they were illegal aliens and were probably going to be deported, they weren't connected with the shootings. Too bad, I was hoping they would have got them

Originally posted by mlitefan01
Boo, from what I just heard is that they were illegal aliens and were probably going to be deported, they weren't connected with the shootings.  Too bad,  I was hoping they would have got them

It is too bad.

But look at the bright side: at least we got rid of two more illegal aliens.

Originally posted by abooja
It is too bad.

But look at the bright side: at least we got rid of two more illegal aliens.

Yeah, now how many million do we have yet to go? Ya gotta wonder how many problems could have been avoided if there had been better/more restrictions on who was allowed into the country

Yeah, now how many million do we have yet to go?  Ya gotta wonder how many problems could have been avoided if there had been better/more restrictions on who was allowed into the country

You're preaching to the choir with me, mlite. ;)

Mlite, wait until we find out that the sniper is here on an expired student visa...

Hmm, I thought they were taken into custody. Do you have someone on the inside, how do you know an arrest has been made? I want the scoop!

Originally posted by paul
Hmm, I thought they were taken into custody.  Do you have someone on the inside, how do you know an arrest has been made?  I want the scoop!

Simple: I watched FoxNews all day. :D

Mlite, wait until we find out that the sniper is here on an expired student visa...

That would be absolutley too much......I think we outta close all the borders until we get a better handle on the whole terrorist thing. It's time to start worrying about the folks at home. I'm just thankful that I don't have to deal with the fear that all of you in the large Metro areas live with.

I won't for long...pacific northwest is my dream destination. If I can get into those mountains and set up camp I'll be fine.

Everything Iheard was that they were taken into custody, but no formal charges were ever given, other than that they looked suspicious and the one was sitting in a white van. Probable cause? I would say so in that part of the country...

I won't for long...pacific northwest is my dream destination.  If I can get into those mountains and set up camp I'll be fine.

You mean Oregon/Wasington area. Gorgeous also, but a little on the damp side for me. You ever get around the Billing's area you look me up

Roger that.

I love Oregon though, spent some time in Hood River and the area. It's either Oregon or Idaho, one of those two is where I wanna lay my head.

I took a private plane from Missoula over to Beaverton one time and we got the pilot to fly us around Mt. Hood. It was spectacular to say the least. Idaho is great too. I have friends that live in Boise, now that is a fun town.

My Grandparents live in Boise. Great place. Just hate all the bugs.

Cour d'lane Idaho isn't too bad either, quiet and lots skiing.

The best skiing I ever did was at Grand Targhee in Wyoming.

Cour d'lane Idaho isn't too bad either, quiet and lots skiing.

The best skiing I ever did was at Grand Targhee in Wyoming.

Have you ever been up to Jackson Hole? Another star infested town up in the mountains...better bring your Visa though, cause everything costs a bundle. Targhee is the bomb also.

Skied in Jackson Hole yup, did a lot of skiing with my old man before I broke the knee.

I don't know if they still do it (haven't been there in the summertime since I was a wee lad) but you used to be able to ride a "sled" down a concrete track in the summertime. You would ride the chair lift up the mountain and ride the sled back down, all around a blast.

Back to the sniper...I still don't believe that real terrorism (with a capital T) has been ruled out, which is kind of scary. When I heard the two guys arrested were Hispanic, I sort of breathed a sigh of relief.

We're back to square one, I guess. Then again, the investigators obviously still know something we don't. Anything is possible.

They have one of those here, Alpine Slide they called it. Had a "throttle" in between your legs and you controlled the carts speed by pulling or pushing it.

Used to get some nasty runners down my legs or arms.

They have one of those here, Alpine Slide they called it.  Had a "throttle" in between your legs and you controlled the carts speed by pulling or pushing it.

Used to get some nasty runners down my legs or arms.

That's exactly what they have there. Push the stick forward and hang on :)

I loved it, but that chairlift just never felt right without my 190's strapped onto my feet. :)

Damn, Paul...they were taken in because they were being interviewed and that they were illegal aliens. The van was towed so it could be processed, which is not an uncommon practice for high profile cases.

The "sniper" was said to left a number. Chief Moose said in his news conference that we wanted the person to call back at the number that was given. Two plus two tells me that the "sniper" must have left a phone neumber to a pay phone since the "sniper" was suppose to call. Well, the good guys set up surveillance and when a white van pulled up in front of the phone, wham bam thank you ma'am, the goodguys came out of the woodwork.

Everything Iheard was that they were taken into custody, but no formal charges were ever given, other than that they looked suspicious and the one was sitting in a white van.  Probable cause?  I would say so in that part of the country...

And what do you mean, "...in that part of the country"?

I know that fergy.

They were taken into custody for questioning is a schooch different than being arrested and charged with something. Abooja says they were arrested and charged with something, that's all I want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom