Mark Martin - if he had a full time ride, he would be in the chase

paradigm

Team Owner
Why is Mark Martin not running full time in Cup? He is 23rd place with only running 12 out of 15 races. I am fairly certain this guy would be a chase contender if he was given a chance to run all 15 races.

To loosely quote Mr Martin. I want to enjoy myself as well as tend to my desire to kick butt on the track. Or something of the sort.

Mark doesn't like destructor plate racing - and Mikey does!

'ceptin for when he wrecks himself exiting the pits...

You know I think Mark just gets bored when hes with a team for to long. He left Jack's team and started running up front again with the 01 car almost won daytona. Then he kinda fades and then he jumped on Rick's team and started running up front and clicking off wins and then kinda faded to the back. Jumps again and hes right back to the front. Pretty cool to watch really.

You know I think Mark just gets bored when hes with a team for to long. He left Jack's team and started running up front again with the 01 car almost won daytona. Then he kinda fades and then he jumped on Rick's team and started running up front and clicking off wins and then kinda faded to the back. Jumps again and hes right back to the front. Pretty cool to watch really.

Mark faded at Hendrick because they tore his team and Jeff's team apart after they finished second and third in points. The following season, Jimmie Johnson was the only good Hendrick car.

That's an interesting observation. Maybe over time he gets so used to his CC's voice, he starts dozing off during meetings. ;)

I like Mark but he didn't do much of anything the last few seasons. He had his chance to win one of the chases but he's too nice of a guy and this old saying remains true for Mark - nice guys finish last.

Mark faded at Hendrick because they tore his team and Jeff's team apart after they finished second and third in points. The following season, Jimmie Johnson was the only good Hendrick car.

Boo hoo, go to Nashville or write lifetime channel heartbreakers you have the gift. Jimmie just out ran your boys, before and after the shake up.

:bleh:
I believe Andy hammered the nail flush with one swipe.

Gordon recorded one win with Letarte for the threes seasons 2008-2010 prior to switching to Gustafuson in 2011. He recorded three wins in 2011, so he was upgraded to approximately a 10 % winning ratio, from the 1 % ratio of the three prior seasons

Hendrick should get nothing but appreciation for helping Gordon.

JJ got Gordons pit crew, and many Gordon fans love to flash their butthurt over the matter. But Gordon was essentially eliminated when the change was made during the chase.

As for Chases performance Gordon is not in Johnsons class and never has been, and Hendrick would be a fool to keep an A class crew with a driver who can't even rule in his organization. It is a competitive business.

Gordon recorded one win with Letarte for the threes seasons 2008-2010 prior to switching to Gustafuson in 2011. He recorded three wins in 2011, so he was upgraded to approximately a 10 % winning ratio, from the 1 % ratio of the three prior seasons

Hendrick should get nothing but appreciation for helping Gordon.

JJ got Gordons pit crew, and many Gordon fans love to flash their butthurt over the matter. But Gordon was essentially eliminated when the change was made during the chase.

As for Chases performance Gordon is not in Johnsons class and never has been, and Hendrick would be a fool to keep an A class crew with a driver who can't even rule in his organization. It is a competitive business.
...and were it not for NASCAR implementing the Chase format (in an effort to market the vanilla boy to increase ticket sales in a record-setting poor attendance economy) Jeff Gordon would have two more Championships. JMO.

...and were it not for NASCAR implementing the Chase format (in an effort to market the vanilla boy to increase ticket sales in a record-setting poor attendance economy) Jeff Gordon would have two more Championships. JMO.

If if.....

The rules are the rules, Gordon knows the criteria. I don't like the chase either, but they are clearly defined as the most important races.

Net result, Johnson performs best when it matters most, Gordon does not.

Roush, DEI, Hendrick...Martin has had more shots at it than most drivers will ever get and hasn't been able to seal the deal. Such is life.

If if.....

The rules are the rules, Gordon knows the criteria. I don't like the chase either, but they are clearly defined as the most important races.

Net result, Johnson performs best when it matters most, Gordon does not.
Same gear, same points system, different paint scheme, different results. Do we really need this thread? lol

Wow , where did that theory come from? Do you have a link ?

Why is Mark Martin not running full time in Cup? He is 23rd place with only running 12 out of 15 races. I am fairly certain this guy would be a chase contender if he was given a chance to run all 15 races.

Mark doesn't like the plate races or Bristol or Martinsville.

Yeah Nascar wanted "pretty boy" Kurt Busch to be a champion and it worked brilliantly. They got the vanilla brown noser they craved so badly....
Followed by another vanilla boy they call "Smoke".

Railroading Gordons future title shots was a sacrifice that had to be made for the fix to work.
So Johnsons titles must be discredited as a result, doesn't matter that he wins those events at a 6 to 1 ratio in comparison to Gordon.

Bizzare ideas, Gordon has had a great career that needs no defenses. He is among the elites or best ever. He doesn't need the history revisions.

Those revisions are just to fun to ignore. It also stirs attention away from the incredible years that Gordon had in the 90s.

Gordon won four championships against greats like Earnhardt, Wallace, Martin, Waltrip, Elliott, Jarrett and Labonte. Johnson's the greatest driver today, but the caliber of drivers IMO is not the same as it was in the days when Earnhardt and Gordon raced. Stewart's up there with the all time greats as well but I think Johnson and Stewart are in their own league. But I can't put Edwards, Harvick (as much as I like him) or the others in the same league as Gordon and Martin.

KyBusch, Keselowski, Stenhouse, Ty Dillon and Ryan Blaney are the future of the sport. There's also Chase Elliott to keep an eye on (though I think much of his career success can be attributed to the money behind him.

Mark has had plenty of opportunity to seal the deal and win a championship. He is having a good year and is getting everything out of the old Aaron's Dream Machine, but I don't think he'd be a Chase competitor or by any means a Championship threat if he was running the full season.

Back
Top Bottom