Martin Truex and Furniture Row

WhiningSmoke

Team Owner
Anyone else think this team won't have any success at all? I think they're going to run closer to what Regan Smith did for them than what Kurt Busch did. Let's face it, Truex isn't Busch. If anything, Truex is closer to Smith in talent level, and Smith wasn't able to do much with this team. Truex is 35th in points right now, I see him barely cracking the top 20. Remember, this is a midpack team that Kurt Busch muscled into the top 10.

It's easier to get in this year, and Truex is strong at a few tracks. He could get a win.

Anyone else think this team won't have any success at all? I think they're going to run closer to what Regan Smith did for them than what Kurt Busch did. Let's face it, Truex isn't Busch. If anything, Truex is closer to Smith in talent level, and Smith wasn't able to do much with this team. Truex is 35th in points right now, I see him barely cracking the top 20. Remember, this is a midpack team that Kurt Busch muscled into the top 10.
I think he will be slightly better than smith but not a ton. Remember even kurt couldn't pull off a win with this team. Its sad that martin is the real person to pay the price with the whole thing.

Yeah Truex isn't that great, good but not great. He'll hover between 20th and 25th place in the standings all year long.

I think he will be slightly better than smith but not a ton. Remember even kurt couldn't pull off a win with this team. Its sad that martin is the real person to pay the price with the whole thing.

As a fan of Truex jr.(and KuBu for that matter), X2

Honestly, Truex was the one that got screwed over in that whole deal, he was pushed onto the sword that was meant for Michael Waltrip.

Absolutely. Had no idea the whole itchgate thing was even going down. Then NAPA got that PC bull**** going and left him high and dry IMO. He and the 56 group had it going on. Top tier performances week and and week out. I'll miss it.

Feel bad for him getting screwed but I honestly believe he has been more of an irrelevant underdog in NASCAR now & is at a team he belongs with talent wise.

It's probably a bit early to pass judgement just two races into the season, but I agree with most people's sentiments that Truex will be better than Regan Smith but not as good as Kurt Busch in the 78.

Truex isn't a bad driver and probably get a few top fives.......his pit crew is questionable and caused KB a few wins

It's probably a bit early to pass judgement just two races into the season, but I agree with most people's sentiments that Truex will be better than Regan Smith but not as good as Kurt Busch in the 78.

Agreed, You won't find many drivers better than Kurt, You can find a few but not many. That guy can drive.

Besides Kurt being the better wheelman. Truex is not greatest at giving feedback and is more laid back, whereas Kurt will tell you what he wants in the ****** car and you better give it to him in the ****** car has soon has he asks for it. Which some people take has abrasive, but it helped that team tremendously last year.

The old pit crew is what held that team back last year. Truex's old pit crew will help a lot. Truex isn't the greatest but he's better than 20th place in the championship.

Truex will be fine. Last year Kurt started the season by finishing 28, 27 and 20 in the first 3 races - and that was with 6 races with FRR at the end of 2012 under their belts. The #78 is a better car than the #56 was. It's one of the fastest cars off the truck in the garage (last year Kurt had NINE front row starts). I think MTJ will hover around what he did last season. Either steal a win, or be in the mix of wildcard points guys without a win to need a strong finish at Richmond. I know the guys in Denver aren't worried.

Truex will be fine. Last year Kurt started the season by finishing 28, 27 and 20 in the first 3 races - and that was with 6 races with FRR at the end of 2012 under their belts. The #78 is a better car than the #56 was. It's one of the fastest cars off the truck in the garage (last year Kurt had NINE front row starts). I think MTJ will hover around what he did last season. Either steal a win, or be in the mix of wildcard points guys without a win to need a strong finish at Richmond. I know the guys in Denver aren't worried.

I agree Allen. The team was looking for ';the best driver available' to replace Kurt . They got that . Is he a top 5 driver , no , there are only five of them and they are all taken. Truex will give them a better placement at year end than Kurt did , because he'll avoid some of the crashes that Kurt had , he has a better pit crew and he won't overdrive the car .

Yea I think it's too early to start writing MT off.

Pardon me for jumping off topic for a moment, but who/what is going on in your avatar there? lol

Yea I think it's too early to start writing MT off.

Pardon me for jumping off topic for a moment, but who/what is going on in your avatar there? lol

I wouldn't write him off either, if there is one driver who has got something to prove this year it's Truex. I'm not his biggest fan, but how the hell can't you feel bad for him taking the only real penalty handed down after Richmond last year and his sponsor taking an out on a deal they weren't happy with because of it. Is Truex a Kurt Busch, I don't think so. But that team had some good speed at a lot of tracks last year, I hope Martin is able to find it for them this year. I just think Kurt was responsible for a lot of it.

Truex is no Kurt Busch, I dont expect anything good from the 78 unless they pull off a fuel mileage win or something

I don't know what writing him off means. IMO what has happened to Truex is like pulling the covers off of him. It is sink or swim time. 2 wins in 11 years isn't much of a record. A team like Furniture row isn't going to hang on to him for very long unless he starts finishing in the money.

I don't know what writing him off means. IMO what has happened to Truex is like pulling the covers off of him. It is sink or swim time. 2 wins in 11 years isn't much of a record. A team like Furniture row isn't going to hang on to him for very long unless he starts finishing in the money.
Truex actually only has 8 full Cup seasons under his belt, but still, 2 wins in 8 years isn't much to write home about either. If his stint at FRR doesn't work out, there may not be another Cup ride waiting.

Man , you guys are tough . In those 8 seasons 6 were top 20 seasons , The other two were 22nd and 23rd . Personally , I don't think that he has been in top 10 equipment yet.

Furniture Row = 4th RCR car. RCR = MWR equipment wise, if not a little better. I'd say Truex has a chance to do a little something.

I think you guys need to up the anty with these avatar bets. Just stirring the pot here but just saying.

Loser displays winner's choice of avatar from end of Richmond through end of Homestead? I don't have a preference for how he gets in.

Fair enough.

I have no problem making the loser wear the avi until the start of next season even. Whatever you're up for. You're still losing. :D

Fair enough.

I have no problem making the loser wear the avi until the start of next season even. Whatever you're up for. You're still losing. :D
End of Homestead is fine with me, I still want you to be able to display Gordon's championship-winning car afterwards. ;)

Lol...that's Chris Pastras on right and Jason Lee (the actor) on left. They are the founders of Stereo Sound Agency, a skateboarding company. Chris and I have been friends since birth, and I have always found this picture hysterical. They took it years ago.

The three of us are actually working on a little writing project...and it has a little something to do with NASCAR (mostly, drawing from my experiences as a guy who knew very little about the sport to having a hard card pretty much overnight). Who knows what becomes of it.

Back
Top Bottom