Martinsville Bonehead

Gettin's a jump on things, eh, Andy! ;-}

Vap-O-Rub is a good candidate. Joonyer is trying to catch up. Juan Problemo is an ass (again) and JamieMac is certainly a candidate (although, now that he is out of the race he's prolly not gonna be the winner...)

My first pick has to be Kyle's crew, you gotta put lugnuts on these tires for you to be able to drive with it.

Vickers

Vickers not helping his chances for a job next year.

Vickers is and always has been an assbag.
18 crew gets the 2nd place Bonehead award for letting the car leave the box with NO lugnuts.

Vickers, but Denny is a close second. Running down on the 88 and sending him over the curb was plain stupid. Took out a guy who would be 8 points back right now.

vivkers/vickers/vickers/vickers/vickers/vickers/vicker/kyle b.'s crew.

Heck, there was a TON of them....I say Vickers should get the nod for sure...but Kyle's crew, and that genius move of Junyer on lap 7 shouldn't go un-noticed!

They just showed it on ESPN. That was 100% Logano. He rammed Junyer in to Hamlin, causing the wreck.

Jr had to lock them up. Denny ran into his right front. The fact that Logano couldn't stop in time is a direct result of Denny coming down and running into Jr. Dumb move by Denny.

Anyone still wondering Why Brian Vickers Won't have a Cup ride next year? Rewatch the race.

I heard Red Bull was going to stop Sponsoring the car, and start sponsoring Caution laps at Martinsville.

THe #18 Jack Man. :owquitit:

It wasn't the jackman. The front tire changer was attempting to get the wheel on as the CC was yelling that they had to go because the pace car was coming. I'm not sure why he didn't have it on before that. He seemed to be manually putting the nuts on as the jack dropped.

Looked to me like the tire changer was thinking 4 when the crew chief was thinking 2. He took the lugs off and was scrambling to get them back on when the jack dropped on the right side and Pee Wee took off.

Bummer, dude!

Looked to me like the tire changer was thinking 4 when the crew chief was thinking 2. He took the lugs off and was scrambling to get them back on when the jack dropped on the right side and Pee Wee took off.

Bummer, dude!

Rogers took the blame. He had the crew take the left front lug nuts off while they worked on the right side, then he yelled for Kyle to go before giving them a chance to put them back on.

...AH... I hadn't heard that but it fits with what transpired. Thanks, FB!

-Vickers without question
-Kenseth gets an honorable mention, Vickers was awful today but he made a clean pass against Matt, and Matt wiped him out. And if wiping Vickers out was on the list do it early. [giving Kenseth an honorable mention doesn't excuse Vickers last stunt or caution].

-Kyle's crew gets a mild mention. A mistake yes, maybe sloppy trying to stay on the lead lap, but not on the same level as the first two.

It wasn't the jackman. The front tire changer was attempting to get the wheel on as the CC was yelling that they had to go because the pace car was coming. I'm not sure why he didn't have it on before that. He seemed to be manually putting the nuts on as the jack dropped.

The carrier got the tire on, the guy with the gun wasn't even on the ground before the jack dropped. I thought.

The carrier got the tire on, the guy with the gun wasn't even on the ground before the jack dropped. I thought.

Because the jack was still on the right side, if I remember right. They never even changed left side tires, but they took the lugs off to save time when the jackman got to the right side.

Nascom:

For Busch, things just got worse. He went to pit road for repairs, went back out on the race track, and had his left-front wheel come completely off and go bouncing down the backstretch. Rogers said that to save time on pit road, the rear changer removed the lug nuts on the front left. Trying to lose as few laps as possible, the car was seemingly rushed back out before the change was complete.

"My fault. Trying to get too greedy," said Rogers, whose car finished 27th. "I should have just taken the one-lap, two-lap penalty and got what we could. But I initially told Kyle we were going to try to beat the pace car off. They started putting the lugs back on the left front, and then ... all heck went loose. So much went on, that I can't remember what happened."

Because the jack was still on the right side, if I remember right. They never even changed left side tires, but they took the lugs off to save time when the jackman got to the right side.

Nascom:

For Busch, things just got worse. He went to pit road for repairs, went back out on the race track, and had his left-front wheel come completely off and go bouncing down the backstretch. Rogers said that to save time on pit road, the rear changer removed the lug nuts on the front left. Trying to lose as few laps as possible, the car was seemingly rushed back out before the change was complete.

"My fault. Trying to get too greedy," said Rogers, whose car finished 27th. "I should have just taken the one-lap, two-lap penalty and got what we could. But I initially told Kyle we were going to try to beat the pace car off. They started putting the lugs back on the left front, and then ... all heck went loose. So much went on, that I can't remember what happened."

Heat of the moment stuff but also this sort of thing is the reason why they won't win the championship this year. Kyle and that team are MUCH better with handling moments like this but not quite there yet. They need to eliminate this incidents all together or at the very least get better at minimizing the damage when they do happen.

Heat of the moment stuff but also this sort of thing is the reason why they won't win the championship this year. Kyle and that team are MUCH better with handling moments like this but not quite there yet. They need to eliminate this incidents all together or at the very least get better at minimizing the damage when they do happen.

As long as Kyle still has faith in the team, they will get there. If he demands changes, he'll set himself back a few years. It sounds like Rogers lost his head and tried to have the team do way too much on the fly.

But the difference was that Jr was finally being aggressive (for a change) while Vickers was just being a dick, and that escalated each time he got in a wreck.

I agree. Jr was trying to move up while Vickers just seemed like someone was paying him for every car he wrecked.

Back
Top Bottom