Martinsville may get dirty

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Just saw this from a PA sprint car source:

NASCAR TRACK GETTING DIRTY?

Sources close to us has learned Martinsville Speedway in Virginia has tossed around the idea of laying dirt down for a once a year sprint car race with the World of Outlaws in 2015. This for sure be a highly anticipated event if the two parties go through with this.

Didn't they do that at Bristol

I wonder how fast they will get around Martinsville

As flat as Martinsville is, I don't think it would produce any really great speeds.
Faster lap then a Cup car I would think though?

I asked the track about it today since I'm here. They didn't just say "no", they said "hell no" and cited costs of both laying the dirt down and cleaning it up afterwards.

They still do that at Elko and Berlin with World of Outlaws races. Gotta check out one of those races at Berlin some time. Always conflicts with something , this year it was the same day as ARCA at Salem.

They still do that at Elko and Berlin with World of Outlaws races. Gotta check out one of those races at Berlin some time. Always conflicts with something , this year it was the same day as ARCA at Salem.
Berlin was just a few weeks ago, wasn't it?

Berlin was just a few weeks ago, wasn't it?

Yeah, 2 weekends ago for the late models. Not sure when the sprints are (or were) . The late models must have been a success since the added the sprints for the first time this year.

If 311 Speedway could get it's act together, and spruce up their facility, they could hold sprint car races. They've done it before.
Also Oak Level Speedway occasionally runs sprint cars. But it is mostly closed.
Both tracks are close to Martinsville, so they could capitalize on fans in town for the NASCAR races.

If 311 Speedway could get it's act together, and spruce up their facility, they could hold sprint car races. They've done it before.
Also Oak Level Speedway occasionally runs sprint cars. But it is mostly closed.
Both tracks are close to Martinsville, so they could capitalize on fans in town for the NASCAR races.

311's promoter (Mike Fulp) is ... different. To put it politely.

Back
Top Bottom