Martinsville Race Thread

Alright, "gentlemen", enough. Everyone is welcome here to DISCUSS THE RACING. This is not a place open to just a select few.
However, the one thing I will not tolerate is the personal attacks being made in this thread. I have removed several simply because you crossed the line --- new member, or old, it makes no difference to me. I don't give a damn if you want to carve your initials in some poster's ass, but you will NOT do it in public on this forum.

If you want to fight, take it to The Podium. It is a place where you can get as bitchy as you please. If you don't have access, just ask me to open it for you.

Alright, "gentlemen", enough. Everyone is welcome here to DISCUSS THE RACING. This is not a place open to just a select few.
However, the one thing I will not tolerate is the personal attacks being made in this thread. I have removed several simply because you crossed the line --- new member, or old, it makes no difference to me. I don't give a damn if you want to carve your initials in some poster's ass, but you will NOT do it in public on this forum.

If you want to fight, take it to The Podium. It is a place where you can get as bitchy as you please. If you don't have access, just ask me to open it for you.

i think i saw this coming a couple of weeks ago. i also believe most of us here respect TexasRaceLady and the thankless job she does. just a suggestion: if you want to stick around and discuss racing, pay heed to the warning that has been issued.

I was getting the results for the Big Dawg game --- couldn't find Truex until I hit the bottom of the list. I'd totally forgotten he'd been knocked out early.

32. (36) Ken Schrader, Ford, 492, $79650.

not a bad payday!:D
I laugh at the ones who are always bashing the past champions who are still racing in cup. Can't do the math I guess. Standard cut is 40% of what you win...Front row Joe gets almost all of it with his one car team. heck of a way to make a really good living IMO. Wish I could switch with em.

After today, three drivers have finished on the lead lap all six races this season: Keselowski, Biffle, and Menard.

"if you want something said....ask a man..
if you want something done ....ask a woman "
margaret thatcher

I laugh at the ones who are always bashing the past champions who are still racing in cup. Can't do the math I guess. Standard cut is 40% of what you win...Front row Joe gets almost all of it with his one car team. heck of a way to make a really good living IMO. Wish I could switch with em.
But now that nascar seems to be forcing them to run the entire race how much of those winnings are going into their pocket vs being spent on getting a 35 place finish?

But now that nascar seems to be forcing them to run the entire race how much of those winnings are going into their pocket vs being spent on getting a 35 place finish?

with all due respect to Joe, seems to me that's his problem to figure out

and in a perfect world, I'd switch places with Nemecheck or Kenny Schrader in a heartbeat . . .

SportsBusiness Daily reports Martinsville overnights for Fox up 2.6% from 3.9 last year to 4.0 this year.

Penalty on the #2 car at Martinsville, explained

As TV showed yesterday, there was a controversial call during a pit stop involving the team of Brad Keselowski. Late in the race #2 car of BK was called for a pit road penalty that might not have been a penalty at all, and here’s why.
The rule states this:
9-15 PIT PROCEDURES DURING A RACE: (F) “Each car must stop within the designated lines of it’s assigned pit box on pit road to be considered “in the box.” Unless otherwise authorized by NASCAR, a car is considered “outside the box” if any of the following occur:

(1) The outside front tire of the car is on or over the outside line of the pit box.
(2) If any part of the car is on top of or over the front line of the pit box.
(3) The inside rear tire is on or outside the outside line of the pit box.
(4) The rear tire(s) is on or rearward of the back line of the pit box.
The rule that’s in question is part of section (F) #1. It states that the car is “outside the box” if the outside front tire of the car is on or over the outside line of the pit box.
The right front tire of the #2 car was very close to the outside of the line but did not look to be on the line. From what we could see on TV the right front tire seemed to be inside the white line therefore making the stop legal. If the tire would have been on the line then it would be the responsibility of the team to back the car up before changing right side tires. If you’re an official, that’s a tough call to make on a team running in the top 10. If it’s a clear call then it’s easy but if you’re not completely sure then your leaving yourself up for question. In this case it was VERY close either way, but looked to favor the side of the #2 Car.

from here

Penalty on the #2 car at Martinsville, explained

As TV showed yesterday, there was a controversial call during a pit stop involving the team of Brad Keselowski. Late in the race #2 car of BK was called for a pit road penalty that might not have been a penalty at all, and here’s why.
The rule states this:
9-15 PIT PROCEDURES DURING A RACE: (F) “Each car must stop within the designated lines of it’s assigned pit box on pit road to be considered “in the box.” Unless otherwise authorized by NASCAR, a car is considered “outside the box” if any of the following occur:

(1) The outside front tire of the car is on or over the outside line of the pit box.
(2) If any part of the car is on top of or over the front line of the pit box.
(3) The inside rear tire is on or outside the outside line of the pit box.
(4) The rear tire(s) is on or rearward of the back line of the pit box.
The rule that’s in question is part of section (F) #1. It states that the car is “outside the box” if the outside front tire of the car is on or over the outside line of the pit box.
The right front tire of the #2 car was very close to the outside of the line but did not look to be on the line. From what we could see on TV the right front tire seemed to be inside the white line therefore making the stop legal. If the tire would have been on the line then it would be the responsibility of the team to back the car up before changing right side tires. If you’re an official, that’s a tough call to make on a team running in the top 10. If it’s a clear call then it’s easy but if you’re not completely sure then your leaving yourself up for question. In this case it was VERY close either way, but looked to favor the side of the #2 Car.

from here
Is there a video or pic of the situation

I think that this call was just like baseball from the tv angle looks like the guy is out but ump calls him safe. The angle of the tv camera can play a lot of tricks on how things look. The NASCAR guy had a lot better look at what was going on than we could see from tv

I think that this call was just like baseball from the tv angle looks like the guy is out but ump calls him safe. The angle of the tv camera can play a lot of tricks on how things look. The NASCAR guy had a lot better look at what was going on than we could see from tv

The tire would have to be outside the paint line..not inside to be out of the box..the whole width of the paint line counts as inside the box.

Back
Top Bottom