Martinsville Rightsizing - Bye Bye South Terrace

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Well, that just sucks! I just called the ticket office after noticing that area greyed out on their ticket map. I called and was told that that section of the grandstands are being torn down. My wife & I have sat up in that section for years. They are willing to relocate our seats but damn. We sold off our tickets to the two races this past season. Had I known they were going by the wayside, I probably would have went. Son of a B.

Well, that just sucks! I just called the ticket office after noticing that area greyed out on their ticket map. I called and was told that that section of the grandstands are being torn down. My wife & I have sat up in that section for years. They are willing to relocate our seats but damn. We sold off our tickets to the two races this past season. Had I known they were going by the wayside, I probably would have went. Son of a B.
That really sucks.

:( I hate when that happens.

Damn! Those were the seats where you were guaranteed to not have the sun in your face! The handicapped parking was directly behind them, so they were the most convenient seats to have if you were taking that into account.

Damn! Those were the seats where you were guaranteed to not have the sun in your face! The handicapped parking was directly behind them, so they were the most convenient seats to have if you were taking that into account.
Haven’t needed the handicapped parking yet but yes, correct about the sun. The view of the front straight coming at you along with the entire track, pit road, pit exit was awesome from our seat location.

If you had tickets on the turn 2 side, the handicapped shuttle would take you up the hill. You'd get out level with the grandstand entrance and the middle row of seats, without having to negotiate the hill or steps for yourself. That was a huge advantage for the mobility challenged. If they had to take seats out, I'd much rather they took down the north stands.

IDK how many rounds of seat removals Martinsville has had but I am confident they don't want to be left behind in the matter of enhancing the fan experience. I know some of the fans really liked the low crowds at the races as it gave them more room but having seats that will never be used again doesn't make sense for many reasons.

I am speculating but I think that crowds of around 35K will become the norm for several tracks but there will always be the big draws too.

IDK how many rounds of seat removals Martinsville has had but I am confident they don't want to be left behind in the matter of enhancing the fan experience. I know some of the fans really liked the low crowds at the races as it gave them more room but having seats that will never be used again doesn't make sense for many reasons.

I am speculating but I think that crowds of around 35K will become the norm for several tracks but there will always be the big draws too.
Another.. one more shoe follows, even the short tracks can't draw fans anymore.

Wow, I have motel reservations for the spring race. If these seats are gone, most likely I am not going to attend. They were the best seats in the house. Nascar and the tracks just don't get it.

Another.. one more shoe follows, even the short tracks can't draw fans anymore.

Both Martinsville and Richmond have a lot of unoccupied seats and it gets more noticeable each year. Some years back they were even speaking of having Martinsville go down to 1 date although I haven't heard any talk like that for a decade. Nascar and the track promoters have a lot of work to do.

Both Martinsville and Richmond have a lot of unoccupied seats and it gets more noticeable each year. Some years back they were even speaking of having Martinsville go down to 1 date although I haven't heard any talk like that for a decade. Nascar and the track promoters have a lot of work to do.
Yeah, maybe they can build outdoor fireplaces and set up cornhole boards? I hear they are all the rage these days.

Back
Top Bottom