Martinsville - "The Only Race in the Chase" - Pre Race Thread

uploadfromtaptalk1414330224538.jpg

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was at Hickory Motor Speedway last night where he saw Josh Berry drive his JR Motorsports Late Model to victory lane in the Fall Brawl. I asked him about it a few minutes ago. Here's what he said.

"I got to Hickory last night and watched Josh win. He's won 11 races... I love going to local tracks. There's nothing like that smell and atmosphere. For Josh and those kids racing there, they don't know how much fun they're having because they're worried about going out thre and running well... It's fun to see that youth and excitement... (Seeing Berry win) motivates me to come in here and get fired up and is extra motivation to come out here and do good."

I'm really looking forward to todays race, but i'm a little sad and pissed also because it will be the last Nascar race i will have the chance to watch this year. Usually, i can work the Nhra World Finals in Pomona Ca and then drive the hauler back to Chicago and fly home just in time to watch the season ending Nascar race at Homestead...but, this year Nhra and Nascar has scheduled their season ending races on the same weekend.:(:mad:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was at Hickory Motor Speedway last night where he saw Josh Berry drive his JR Motorsports Late Model to victory lane in the Fall Brawl. I asked him about it a few minutes ago. Here's what he said.

"I got to Hickory last night and watched Josh win. He's won 11 races... I love going to local tracks. There's nothing like that smell and atmosphere. For Josh and those kids racing there, they don't know how much fun they're having because they're worried about going out thre and running well... It's fun to see that youth and excitement... (Seeing Berry win) motivates me to come in here and get fired up and is extra motivation to come out here and do good."

Damn, I should have went.

I'm really looking forward to todays race, but i'm a little sad and pissed also because it will be the last Nascar race i will have the chance to watch this year. Usually, i can work the Nhra World Finals and then drive the hauler back to Chicago and fly home just in time to watch the season ending Nascar race at Homestead...but, this year Nhra and Nascar has scheduled their season ending races on the same weekend.:(:mad:

That sucks for you. I have a feeling JJ will have the championship locked up before Homestead anyway. ;)

It isn't bad at all, with 3 entrances / exits that lead to different areas of the main roads. I parked near the exit behind the Sprint tower and took a country road that crossed the main road a couple miles south of the track. About 1/2 hour from lot to highway. You can also pay $10 to park in the grassy area in front of the main grandstand. That was a 10 minute exit and gone on Sunday.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you, sir.

This could be the most intense race so far this season.

Things I'm wondering about:

1. Will any payback be given to Penske?

2. Does KyBu attempt to get revenge (be it right or wrong) on #3 or just do anything he can to make himself the talk of the race?

3. Can Harvick come from the back of the field and challenge for the win?

4. Which Hendrick shifter(s) let go?

Well, that was fun :)

Starting to get very anxious for this race - as I always do.

Back
Top Bottom