MARTINSVILLE!!!

klemmabyna

Team Owner
i love short tracks.

wish the chase was made up of the 10 shortest tracks on the circuit.

unless they would just do away with the chase altogether.:D

I don't know about 10 but I'd like to see them throw in Bristol and the Daytona Road course into the mix.

Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol and Darlington are at the top of my favorites list and then the other 24 finish out the list. ;)

FINALLY! My favorite track! Wish I was gonna be there! But everytime I got downt here Hamlin wins..so I decided to stay away for a while! lol

FINALLY! My favorite track! Wish I was gonna be there! But everytime I got downt here Hamlin wins..so I decided to stay away for a while! lol

This is your year. Doom and gloom Hammy Hamlin is stuck in eeyore mode for the rest of the year.

By far, one of the absolute best tracks on the circuit. Ticket prices are reasonable as well. We sit in the south terrace, one row from the top, and have a great view of the track and pit exit. Full of tradition and the famous piece of 'meatlike' product known as the Martinsville hotdog. :D

By far, one of the absolute best tracks on the circuit. Ticket prices are reasonable as well. We sit in the south terrace, one row from the top, and have a great view of the track and pit exit. Full of tradition and the famous piece of 'meatlike' product known as the Martinsville hotdog. :D

The only good thing about the Martinsville Hot Dog is that you're at Martinsville.

80% "meat" shavings, 10% sawdust and 10% red dye served on a bun with "chili", onions and slaw.

The only good thing about the Martinsville Hot Dog is that you're at Martinsville.

80% "meat" shavings, 10% sawdust and 10% red dye served on a bun with "chili", onions and slaw.

I'd have to second that. The Martinsville hot dog doesn't even look right. It doesn't taste all that bad, but processing it is not easy on a long ride home from the track.

Oh, and Martinsville is by far my favorite track. Great racing, lots of paint swappin', very affordable for right up on the track seating, no plates, just about everything I could wish for in a race experience.

Isn't that the whole point? I don't know of anyone who swings by and picks up some "Race Track" food for dinner that evening.

Martinsville is one of the nicest and fan freindly tracks there is and ALL the racing there is great!

Beside's I Love short track racing AND their HotDogs!!! reminds me pack Tums.

I like the racing at Martinsville. Never been there but I imagine the hot dogs are about like most tracks... they "seem" to taste better because you are at a race. :beerbang:

Factoid: The last Ford win there was in 2002. Go Team Chevy!

48 hours and 53 minutes until the RV is heading to Martinsville. It takes me longer to get ready for a race than the time that I spend there but every minute is worth it. Beer/tickets/scanner/meat/potatoes are packed. Full tank of diesel. Ready to roll!

48 hours and 53 minutes until the RV is heading to Martinsville. It takes me longer to get ready for a race than the time that I spend there but every minute is worth it. Beer/tickets/scanner/meat/potatoes are packed. Full tank of diesel. Ready to roll!

Have a good one and if you happen to see Hamlins hauler parked along the way, let the tires flat ;)

I like the racing at Martinsville. Never been there but I imagine the hot dogs are about like most tracks... they "seem" to taste better because you are at a race. :beerbang:

Factoid: The last Ford win there was in 2002. Go Team Chevy!

As was Pontiac's. If that's not a big enough kick in he seat for Ford, I don't know what is.

Martinsville, Richmond, Bristol and Darlington are at the top of my favorites list and then the other 24 finish out the list. ;)

Yep, all three, short tracks are so much better than the super speedways, the driver wins at these short tracks, where as at the super the crew wins the race, heck on the supers you could throw a brick on the gas pedal and wait for the crew radio you, its time to pit.

I rarely eat hot dogs (or brats or sausage for that matter) but if I made it to Martinsville, I would most certainly sample at least one of those infamous mystery meat tubes!!

I rarely eat hot dogs (or brats or sausage for that matter) but if I made it to Martinsville, I would most certainly sample at least one of those infamous mystery meat tubes!!

I would buy a bunch and make a necklace just to get on TV. The hotdogs seem to get as much attention from the booth as the upcoming race.

Real stick car racin'... here's where we seperate the men from the bots! :beerbang:

Weather is looking great for Sunday! A little cool but it's looking rain free. Should be a good race. I can't wait to get there early and have some of them reheated hotdogs from the spring race! That was a good batch! ;) RV heads south in 1 hour 38 min.

I can't wait to get there early and have some of them reheated hotdogs from the spring race! That was a good batch! ;) RV heads south in 1 hour 38 min.
wonder if there's a way to recycle those dogs into fuel. biodogs <g>

Looks like Smoke is going to try something different for this race:

"Stewart said he was going to try something different in an attempt to figure that out, and he's going to stay in-house to do it. In the five Martinsville races since he's joined Stewart-Haas Racing, Stewart's teammate, Ryan Newman, has run appreciably better than his teammate. Newman had a pole in the fall of 2009, three top-five starts and three consecutive top-10 finishes kicking off his SHR tenure. In addition, he's led a total of 58 laps in a span where Stewart's led just one.

"We're going to Martinsville with Ryan's [setup] package," Stewart said. "We've kind of struggled there, so we're going to start with Ryan's setup and work from there. We know it's going to be a little different for me -- my driving style and Ryan's are a little bit different -- but we feel like that's a good place to start for the weekend."

Stewart's past three Martinsville finishes are 26th, 24th and 34th, and he's not been on the lead lap at the finish in any of them."

Full Article here: http://www.nascar.com/news/111025/tstewart-martinsville-chase/index.html

"We're going to Martinsville with Ryan's [setup] package," Stewart said. "We've kind of struggled there, so we're going to start with Ryan's setup and work from there. We know it's going to be a little different for me -- my driving style and Ryan's are a little bit different -- but we feel like that's a good place to start for the weekend."

I'm not sure how that will work out, but maybe it will do the trick. Newman likes his cars a bit tighter than Tony is used to driving.

Back
Top Bottom