MBV/2 gets sponcer for the 36 car!

P

PettyBenson

The Buzz: Oct. 9, 2002
October 9, 2002
12:06 PM EDT (1606 GMT)

First, NASCAR took to the skies with the Air Force, then stormed the beach with the Marines and took to the sea with the Navy. Even the Civil Air Patrol is represented.

Now, America's infantry gets into the action.

The Buzz has learned the U.S. Army may sponsor MB2 Motorsports' No. 36 Pontiac in 2003.

Sources say it's unknown if Ken Schrader will remain as driver. Details regarding length of sponsorship were not known.

The Air Force sponsors the No. 34 Ford in the Busch Series, the Marines sponsor Bobby Hamilton Jr.'s No. 25 Busch Series ride and the U.S. Navy adorns Jon Wood's No. 50 Ford in the Craftsman Truck Series.

No word was available on next year's paint scheme for the No. 36, although there definitely may be a hint of camouflage.

yes nothing is offical yet but it sure does sound like that will happen plus that has been in the rummor mill for weeks. Now if Kenny stays that is fine with be but if he goes i hope that Jerry Nadeau gets the ride.
Then Bobby hamilton goes back to Petty, and Ken goes back to Andy Petree. At least thats the way i hope it happens

Thats really neat. I hope that Kenny will stay in the ride. I really don't want to see him without one in 03

Very cool, glad to see they got a sponsor, hopefully Schrader will stay in the car.

I think Nadeau will be in the 36 then Schrader will go to the 25.

Maybe Joe realizes he made a mistake and goes back to APR, but I remember reading something during the summer that Joe was out of the car at the end of the year.

Extremely cool!

I also hope Shrader can keep his ride, or find a better one. He's one of the good guys.

Yeah the days of nice drivers are nearing an end at least now a days. I too hope that Schrader can find himself a ride but with his performance as of late, im not completely sure.

Comeon, Schrader is usually caught up in someone elses wreck. Hes a magnet most arent his fault I will admit that.

Back
Top Bottom