Medications

Bobw

Team Owner
The Whiz just posted in the grin and bare it about old folks and pills, brings this about. I have never had a thyroid problem yet when I was hospitalized last Feb they put me on Synthroid, a thyroid med. My blood work said there was a problem. Soon after I noticed I had edema, swelling of my feet and lower legs, they gave me Lasik, a 'water' pill.
I conjured up my google-foo, guess what? A side effect of the thyroid med is swelling of the feet and lower legs. I quit taking it and asked, no I insisted, on another blood test. Guess what, my thyroid is/was within the normal range. I confronted this doc as to why he put me on those meds, does he get kick backs from the pharmaceutical company? I also requested another doc, not this hospitalist jamouk
QUESTION, QUESTION, QUESTION don't take what they say as gospel.

p.s. Yes that kick back comment pissed him off and guess what? I don't care.

Yeah I had an endocrinologist who literally handed me the papers a drug rep would give him for this brand new medication. You may have seen its class action lawsuit commercial, Invokana. Luckily it didn't kill me but it played a big part of me having diabetic ketoacidosis.

I confronted this doc as to why he put me on those meds, does he get kick backs from the pharmaceutical company?

Just about all of them do. I don't know how much time you've spent in a waiting room as of late but just about all of them have pharmaceutical reps in them at all times. If you can find an honest doctor in this day and age I suggest you stay with him for as long as possible.

Look into the history of Oxycontin and how it was initially marketed if you'd like to see how it all works in action. They've gotten away from throwing opioids at everyone as of late due to all the bad press but they'll throw anything else at you at the drop of a hat. They love giving out antidepressants like candy off-label. I never take a medication unless I research it for myself. I was surprised when I first figured out I typically know more about the meds I'm taking than my own doctor.

Back
Top Bottom