Meida loves to blow things out of proportion

R

RobbyG Fan

Nothing new huh? Well ever since Infineon it has been debated that Kevin and Robby hated each other and dont work as a team and it was going to be either one or the other that stays at RCR. Even during the coverage at Indy when Kevin and Robby were 1 and 2 with 20 laps left NBC went hunting for Childress trying to see if they can stir up some controversy.

Well, Kevin and Robby sure seemed to work well at Indy, and Kevin made a great comment thanking Robby in his post-race celebration speech. I think the following image says it all:

brickyard_400_010.jpg

The RCR feud seems more of a marketing ploy than reality - yea Kevin was peeved at Sonoma but it was over the next weekend in the shop but not in the media'd minds. Robby did a big return favor.

Robby is a racer, just like Kevin. He wanted to win, but he also knew that if he pushed too hard, he could ruin both cars' chances for the win.

Robby isn't stupid.

Robby helped Kevin win, Robby in a sense blocked for Kevin and that's what they do sometimes as teammates. Kevin drove a great race and this race belongs to the 29 team, but Robby Gordon deserves alot of credit for helping them.

Controversy always sells, and apparently it's the job of the media to sell, sell, sell. If that means trying to make a little argument into a big one...well why not, they do it with politics and everything else, why should racing be different?

Gotta get the folks watching to sell that commercial time!

Everyone (including Robbie and Kevin) knew that Robbie did not have the tires to keep up with kevin. Robbie was just trying to get the most out of his track position strategy.

Kevin and Robbie worked well together Sun. The media tried to make something happen that didn't . And it poped their bubble. Good for Kevin and Robbie. :lol:

The only thing that would have made that picture more perfect is if Kevin would have laid a big, sloppy kiss on Robby. :lol:

Actually it was the Rainbow Driver that made a big deal out of the incident at Sonoma.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Aug 5 2003, 01:10 AM
Actually it was the Rainbow Driver that made a big deal out of the incident at Sonoma.
How so ??? Maybe I missed something. :mellow:

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Aug 4 2003, 07:10 PM
Kevin said it was a chicken poop move the day after the race.

Originally posted by Whizzer+Aug 5 2003, 06:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whizzer @ Aug 5 2003, 06:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan@Aug 5 2003, 01:10 AM
How so ??? Maybe I missed something. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
I'm sure you did, he (how can I say whined & complained and not upset Maj? :D) experessed his displeasure with Robby about the move on Harvick in post race interviews.

yes it was.
jeffy had about 20 laps to work on robby and he couldn't win so he had to flood sonomo with tears instead.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Aug 5 2003, 11:38 PM

yes it was.
jeffy had about 20 laps to work on robby and he couldn't win so he had to flood sonomo with tears instead.
Even though I hate to rehash an old topic that is done and over with ( :p ), Jeff kinda spilled the grapes in whine country. :p

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Aug 6 2003, 03:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Aug 6 2003, 03:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Whizzer@Aug 5 2003, 06:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan
@Aug 5 2003, 01:10 AM

I'm sure you did, he (how can I say whined & complained and not upset Maj? :D) experessed his displeasure with Robby about the move on Harvick in post race interviews. [/b][/quote]
What I missed was the fact this crap has been going on for years and no one said anything. Not that Robbie did anything different, illegal or unusual. It has been done by Matt Kenseth, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick and so on.

The instant the leader lets off to try to let another driver back on the lead lap, the "gentlemans agreement" has gone out the window. What is the difference whether it is the leader or the last place car racing back to the line ??

The original agreement was implemented as a safety measure by the drivers and it worked for years, until some twit decided to let someone else get a lap back back. This required the car trying to get the lap back to race furiously past several cars on the lead lap, creating the same unsafe condition the agreement was supposed to eliminate.

Drivers and fans cannot have it both ways. Either do away with the gentlemans agreement OR keep the gentlemans agreement intact and include lap cars in the verbal pact.

No racing to get a lap back, period.

Originally posted by Whizzer+Aug 6 2003, 07:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whizzer @ Aug 6 2003, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Aug 6 2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by -Whizzer@Aug 5 2003, 06:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan
@Aug 5 2003, 01:10 AM

I'm sure you did, he (how can I say whined & complained and not upset Maj? :D) experessed his displeasure with Robby about the move on Harvick in post race interviews.
What I missed was the fact this crap has been going on for years and no one said anything. Not that Robbie did anything different, illegal or unusual. It has been done by Matt Kenseth, Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick and so on.

The instant the leader lets off to try to let another driver back on the lead lap, the "gentlemans agreement" has gone out the window. What is the difference whether it is the leader or the last place car racing back to the line ??

The original agreement was implemented as a safety measure by the drivers and it worked for years, until some twit decided to let someone else get a lap back back. This required the car trying to get the lap back to race furiously past several cars on the lead lap, creating the same unsafe condition the agreement was supposed to eliminate.

Drivers and fans cannot have it both ways. Either do away with the gentlemans agreement OR keep the gentlemans agreement intact and include lap cars in the verbal pact.

No racing to get a lap back, period. [/b][/quote]
Whatever...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom