Menard

DaBiff1618

Team Owner
I saw that Paul Menard is a free agent next year and haven't heard much about his plans. He's a decent driver, takes care of the equipment, and has sponsorship so I'm sure he can get another ride. Any guesses?

Sounds about right. Wouldn't be a bad move for any team that wants to expand though

Sounds about right. Wouldn't be a bad move for any team that wants to expand though

I am sure there will be some charters for sale or lease too so it is definitely possible. With all else being equal I would rather have Newman than Menard if I had to choose.

I am pretty sure he will stay at RCR for a few more years, its basic business 101 for RCR, guaranteed money .

Penske. Menard is sponsoring a Penske car at Indy. I know Menard has a history with Indy but it still makes you go um

Penske. Menard is sponsoring a Penske car at Indy. I know Menard has a history with Indy but it still makes you go um
Menards also is the title sponsor for the Arca series, Menard's has a history with the Indy Car Series with sponsorship and engines outside of Indy too. I really wouldnt read anything in to that at all.

Maybe Furniture Row expands? Adding Menard and Jones or Suarez would certainly expand the fleet

Menard's is based in the Wisconsin. Indy is one of the closest tracks to them, so they're gonna sponsor a car at Indanapolis with somebody. It's a one-off deal with Penske, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

You're lucky i'm happy today:D
2011-NSCS-Paul-Menard-Headshot.jpg

RCR is a safe choice. I mean to the best of my knowledge Austin and Ty have no children yet. It will be at least 18 years before the 31 and 27 completes the circle.

Menard has fallen off the face of the earth ever since Slugger left. He went from a top-10 contender every week to a 25th place driver in an instant.

Be cool if this Penske thing isn't a done deal yet. Can you imagine the line up of suits outside the Menard hauler . What were you thinking @Allenbaba ?

One win in 13 years of Cup competition.

RCR will probably re-up him, but should they?

Consistency means jack and **** now. If it meant anything, we'd be looking at "another Harvick championship"' but wins are the only thing that matter now.

John Menard writes the checks. He sponsored a Penske car at Indianapolis this year.

Often wondered why Menard writes the checks for the youngster's efforts.

All I can come up with is it keeps him on the track and out from underfoot in the boardroom.

Often wondered why Menard writes the checks for the youngster's efforts.

All I can come up with is it keeps him on the track and out from underfoot in the boardroom.
Menard's sponsors the ARCA series, which Paul doesn't run in. I suspect they do both for the same reason (advertising), and that they'd be on somebody's Cup car if Paul wasn't a driver. That's where they're competitors are; Lowe's and, until recently, Home Depot.
John Menard writes the checks. He sponsored a Penske car at Indianapolis this year.
Childress doesn't have an Indy team to sponsor.

Consistency means jack and sh!t now. If it meant anything, we'd be looking at "another Harvick championship"' but wins are the only thing that matter now.
getting to the final 4 and being first of those 4 at homestead is all that counts really. Of course you have to meet a few requirements to get there. You don't need a win to do that.

Consistency means jack and sh!t now. If it meant anything, we'd be looking at "another Harvick championship"' but wins are the only thing that matter now.

You mean besides heaping piles of sponsorship dollars, right?

this looks like its coming true just wanted to point out I called it back in april
For the record, I never said "it's coming true" - only that it's a real possibility. The two sides (Penske & Menards) are talking...seriously talking. If I had to put Vegas odds on whether Menards will be with Penske or RCR next season, I'd say it's a pick 'em. Could be either.

For the record, I never said "it's coming true" - only that it's a real possibility. The two sides (Penske & Menards) are talking...seriously talking. If I had to put Vegas odds on whether Menards will be with Penske or RCR next season, I'd say it's a pick 'em. Could be either.

Interesting, RC was just quoted as saying he fully expects them back next year. Lip service for the media?

Or wishful thinking ? Best to remain positive in negotiations, right ?

There would be no reason for him to come out and say "we expect he will leave and take his sponsorship with him"... On the other hand if Menards and Penske are having serious discussions, why say what he did?

Menard's sponsors the ARCA series, which Paul doesn't run in. I suspect they do both for the same reason (advertising), and that they'd be on somebody's Cup car if Paul wasn't a driver. That's where they're competitors are; Lowe's and, until recently, Home Depot.

I like my guess better.......

Back
Top Bottom