Michigan Cup Pre Race thread

Good question fish.

Going by the picture above of Logano and his crew, the crew looks almost bored. lol

I'm going to give this to SliceBread22. :p
Now that you mention it, they do look bored. Maybe they think Hamlin will dump them again ;)

Kahne is gonna need some cautions and some track position calls to get up there.. I was shocked with his time. He needs to get in the top ten for those wins to matter.

Kahne is gonna need some cautions and some track position calls to get up there.. I was shocked with his time. He needs to get in the top ten for those wins to matter.

Pretty crazy that Gordon and Kahne are in the same position they were last year. Minus the win for Gordon but still.

What a magnificant struggled to get into the top 10.

Back when it was just the top ten who made it it was better in my opinion. There was always a sense of urgency and you always saw guys like Gordon and the top guys be in the top well before Richmond. I think the top 12 plus the wild card thing takes the urgency out of the equetion.

They think they can cruise for a while and then they end up missing the chase because they were nonchalant about it all year.

I just assumed Kahne would get back in the top ten.. When he's good, he's matching Jimmie.. When he's bad or had bad luck.. it's ugly. If he wants to win the title, stuff like today just can not happen.

Gordon's Facebook said he had a "solid qualifying result". He placed 13th. He's happy with 13th? After his finish last weekend and the doubtfulness of him making the chase without some wins, he's happy with a 13th place qualifying run? If I know Gordon well enough, with a 13th place start he'll run between 5th and 9th all day and call it a "win" because of his luck latley and his first finish here. Not even pumped for this weekend.

Gordon's Facebook said he had a "solid qualifying result". He placed 13th. He's happy with 13th? After his finish last weekend and the doubtfulness of him making the chase without some wins, he's happy with a 13th place qualifying run? If I know Gordon well enough, with a 13th place start he'll run between 5th and 9th all day and call it a "win" because of his luck latley and his first finish here. Not even pumped for this weekend.

Jeff Gordon ‏@JeffGordonWeb 4h
Solid qual result @MISpeedway in our @AxaltaRacing #Standox @TeamChevy. 13th big improvement from 29th last time here. Car feels great.

I think he was measuring the effort from last time.

Still they just dont have speed for qualifying or otherwise. They spent all day in qual trim and this is all they could get? He's lucky other good cars struggled just as bad or he'd be around 20th again.

I dont know if that's Gordon twitting or not but I'm not taking the car feels great statement for anything. Back in Richmond this year he said how awesome the car was and he ended up getting lapped within 100 laps. lol

Amazing in 2011 he was the favorite to win the championship at this time, and two years later he's struggling to even make the chase.

I just think Gordon is not as fearless as he once was. If he just went in the corner a little harder, he would have got a top ten spot. He's had a great career but there comes a time when it's just not gonna be there.

Mark Martin for example said he drove his car too easy, thought he could get more out of it.

This sport demands agressiveness. Those guys didn't win as often simply because they didn't take too many risks.

When you dont have the fastest car you have to manugfacture a win. Guys like Martin rely on speed to win and nothing else. Sometimes you just gotta be an ahole.

You guys and gals have a great day.

I am headed out for the Irish hills of Michigan to snort a little hig

You guys and gals have a great day.

I am headed out to the Irish hills of Michigan to snort some high octane fumes. :p

Head games?

Looks like Kahne is surrounded by Roush this weekend. :D

BR3-iHICYAEcvsO.png:large

I've never used FOX's realtime scoring before for practice but here's a link if you're interested in following along.

LINK
Me either, I like the way they do it though, a helluva lot better than nascar.com. Thanks for the link.

Jimmie Johnson's primary car was the one with which he won the All-Star race. Backup is one he used to finish 17th at Dover.

The picture has JJ strapping on his helmet, don't they have to run it through inspection first?
I realize they will have to before the race.

Gordon finished 5th in final practice. Anytime Jeff has a fast car in practice he seems to have a shot at winning. A glimmer of hope. But don't speak too fast. The air might come off the front of your words

Just noticed Raceday got cut by an hour and Victory Lane by half.

They think they can cruise for a while and then they end up missing the chase because they were nonchalant about it all year.

If you think the 24 team hasn't been in nonchalant cruise mode you are very mistaken. They've been battling with set ups and overcoming bad finishes since Daytona.

Gordon finished 5th in final practice. Anytime Jeff has a fast car in practice he seems to have a shot at winning. A glimmer of hope. But don't speak too fast. The air might come off the front of your words

Why so pessimistic all the time? Doesn't it take all the fun out of it?

Back
Top Bottom