StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1723501817562.png

36 Cup cars for Michigan. 15-Ware 16-Allmendinger

1723501859147.jpeg

First time to Michigan
Got tickets in the Ally champions club

Anyone have some insider info / tips

Rain is in forecast, does forecast usually change or count on it to rain?
If they forecast rain it will rain. If they forecast sunny, it will probably rain too. NASCAR 2024.
Enjoy Michigan as much as a Buckeye can.

It's impressive when he's wrecked at least once in 74 of them

Ah the Irish Hills of Michigan. When the circuit rolls around to this point of the schedule, Summer is just about over. Went by so fast! I've always wanted go to a race here, rent a house close by with lake access and a grill to just relax Thursday-Monday Morning

Ah the Irish Hills of Michigan. When the circuit rolls around to this point of the schedule, Summer is just about over. Went by so fast! I've always wanted go to a race here, rent a house close by with lake access and a grill to just relax Thursday-Monday Morning
Stop it, You are almost making me want to go back there. But I remembered. The fam took a vacation there when I was a kid in August on some lake. I was pumped for swimming...it sleeted., didn't bring enough clothes to go outside lol froze when I did.

Stop it, You are almost making me want to go back there. But I remembered. The fam took a vacation there when I was a kid in August on some lake. I was pumped for swimming...it sleeted., didn't bring enough clothes to go outside lol froze when I did.
what in the world? As long as I can remember I thought Michigan was run in June and then August. Sleet in August, wtf ha ha. Thats a wild one.

what in the world? As long as I can remember I thought Michigan was run in June and then August. Sleet in August, wtf ha ha. Thats a wild one.
End of August. BTW I like the new avy, you earned those titles. But the other. I remember when JR showed up with those glasses right after his concussion. I thought they were for eye correction. Then after a few days I thought they were temporary until he got his new fashionable ones lol. I Guess he is going with those, they look kind of nerdy on him.

What is more important is that three cars at the front are within spitting distance in the points for the championship...but playoffs will dilute the heck out of that with the reset and we start all over. We focus down on the bottom where either of the two have much of a chance in winning the Cup. SMH.

End of August. BTW I like the new avy, you earned those titles. But the other. I remember when JR showed up with those glasses right after his concussion. I thought they were for eye correction. Then after a few days I thought they were temporary until he got his new fashionable ones lol. I Guess he is going with those, they look kind of nerdy on him.
I’ll take this as a compliment. Maybe Southern Jesus is going for the nerdy, hipster, former race car driver look. That look on his face when Dillon was telling his side of the story just cracked me up. I was happy to get a screen shot to share. Probably gonna keep this one for a while.

Goodyear Fast Facts: Michigan​

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 24 – 200 laps / 400 miles Michigan International Speedway (2.0-mile oval) – Brooklyn, Mich.
Fast Facts for August 17-18, 2024

Tire: Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials

Set limits: Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 7 sets for the race (6 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5186; Right-side — D-5218

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,263 mm (89.09 in.); Right-side — 2,277 mm (89.65 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation: Left Front — 22 psi; Left Rear – 24 psi; Right Front — 50 psi; Right Rear — 46 psi

Storyline – Smooth, fast, multi-groove Michigan produces its challenges: The relatively smooth track surface at Michigan International Speedway leads to several things NASCAR Cup teams need to consider for this weekend’s race. First, two-mile Michigan produces fast speeds, making tire temperatures something to watch for should one’s car not be balanced. Goodyear designs it tires’ compound to counter that by allowing heat to dissipate through the tread without much wear. Second, air pressures are also a major consideration at Michigan as teams try to maximize grip. Observing Goodyear’s minimum recommended pressures – especially on the right-rear corner of the car – will be important in striking a balance between risk and reward. Third, because of the surface and lack of wear, teams may be able to employ some pit strategy by mixing in two-tire stops at different points of the race.

“Michigan is a driver’s track, with the high speeds and the multiple lanes available to affect the car’s balance,” said Greg Stucker, Goodyear’s director of racing. “With the smooth track surface and high speeds comes many considerations for teams in setting up the car and calling the race. Gaining grip is important every week and one key tuning tool that crew chiefs us is air pressures. With the speeds at Michigan, our recommendations become very important in the life of the tire. Strategy also becomes a big part of racing at Michigan as teams can take two tires on occasion to pass cars in the pits and gain track position.”

Notes – Construction update on right-side at Michigan: Being on 18-inch bead diameter tires, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Xfinity Series at Michigan this week . . . this is the same left-side tire code that Cup teams ran at Michigan last season, but with a different right-side code (construction update) . . . while this right-side is unique to Michigan, these teams have run this left-side five times already this season – Las Vegas, Texas, Kansas, Nashville and Pocono . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars do not run inner liners in any of their tires.

Surprised that I haven't gotten nearly the full court press from MIS or Firekeepers this year about buying tickets. Not that I'm even in the state, but last year I got phone calls and emails galore from both. Might just be that I didn't bite in the past, however.

First time to Michigan
Got tickets in the Ally champions club

Anyone have some insider info / tips

Rain is in forecast, does forecast usually change or count on it to rain?
Not so much an MIS tip per se, but I will say that if you aren't camping at the track, I would recommend spending an evening over at the Cascades. It's honestly pretty amazing and there's a small museum about the history of it in addition to the fountain shows themselves. The cost is something really nominal too like $4-5 a head.

Of course it’s gonna rain this weekend. We had a delay at the Indy 500, rainout last year, and probably again here this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it dry out a bit though by Sunday.

I’m ready for racing from Michigan International. It’s been a long week full of nonsense in my personal life and in this sport. I need 3 hours to veg out. Let’s go!!!

Credit moving the car numbers forward and implementing the single nut.
When I started watching NASCAR it was normal for cars to overheat. One minute the leader had 5 laps on the second place car and the next he was in the pits looking like Old Faithful! I think Robert Yates started running coolant first through the heads and after the early 90’s overheating was no longer a big issue. Of course I could be all wrong too.

When I started watching NASCAR it was normal for cars to overheat. One minute the leader had 5 laps on the second place car and the next he was in the pits looking like Old Faithful! I think Robert Yates started running coolant first through the heads and after the early 90’s overheating was no longer a big issue. Of course I could be all wrong too.
I remember DW broadcasting about the strain of those extra hundred miles at Charlotte, long after they had stopped being an issue.

I don’t miss mechanical failures.

One of those weekends when we perhaps should be starting the race early to get it in, but TV thinks that a 12:00 start on a Monday is a better option? Honestly, I'll go to halfway.....gives MY engines a better chance.....beat ya to it @StandOnIt!

One of those weekends when we perhaps should be starting the race early to get it in, but TV thinks that a 12:00 start on a Monday is a better option? Honestly, I'll go to halfway.....gives MY engines a better chance.....beat ya to it @StandOnIt!
Ya think they might make it thru qualifying?

Back
Top Bottom