Michigan International Speedway Pre-Race Thread

Took some time off work with the plan of taking a vacation up to Michigan. Made the decision that I couldn’t quite afford it, but with how the weather is, I’m not quite as upset about not being able to go as I previously was.
Looking ominous right now

Denny on the pole is a gift to him considering how he was running

1723922289814.png

Yea, I don't get even why he's on the pole. He got 2nd at Richmond, not leading in points and ran 29th in practice here. This "new" Nascar keeps me guessing all the time. :rolleyes:

I remember DW broadcasting about the strain of those extra hundred miles at Charlotte, long after they had stopped being an issue.

I don’tal failures today but I wouldn’t menti

The lack of mechanical failures is remarkable considering how fickle the cars were in the 80’s and part of the 90’s. Of course I’m not going to mention any of this to Martin Truex or Ty Gibbs for a little while 😁

Saturday wasn’t looking promising, but it eventually worked out. Tomorrow looks like the chance of precipitation literally starts when the race is supposed to start and it’s supposed to stop when the race is supposed to end. Go figure!

Saturday wasn’t looking promising, but it eventually worked out. Tomorrow looks like the chance of precipitation literally starts when the race is supposed to start and it’s supposed to stop when the race is supposed to end. Go figure!
Mother Nature finally found TVRacer.com. Tjhe old girl can be stuck in her ways, and hasn't know the exact start times since TV Guide quit publishing.

Not sure why we haven't moved the start up, but I think we have a shot in getting it in. Love this race. So stoked. Manufacturer pride on the line. The way NASCAR should be IMO.

NBC has other programming scheduled. Advertisers have paid to be featured during those other programs at those scheduled times.
I get that, but it might be a good idea for NBC to negotiate those contracts with a flexible time slot....and a sliding scale. Sunday an hour or two earlier surely is better than midday Monday I would think. Win. Win.

Same with Reddick. Elliot and Larson were probably going to gap him in the points due to stage 1 points discrepancy at practice was any indication. Now redick lucked into the front row. And he's 5 points out of the points lead

I don't think it's an issue today.

Rain will clear out by 5, and the chance of rain seems low.

But lights... Are there lights here?

Same with Reddick. Elliot and Larson were probably going to gap him in the points due to stage 1 points discrepancy at practice was any indication. Now redick lucked into the front row. And he's 5 points out of the points lead

I don't understand this lineup at all. What was wrong with lining them up as they sit in the points?

Radar doesn’t look promising. Without lights, I’m thinking that unless the rain just falls apart, which the forecast doesn’t show happening, it’ll probably be a Monday race. But keep in mind, it’s not raining until it’s raining.

None of it are gushers, just enough to wet the track grrr. ARCA on dirt on FS-1 at the same time. Looks clear there.

None of it are gushers, just enough to wet the track grrr. ARCA on dirt on FS-1 at the same time. Looks clear there.

Hey, thanks! I wouldn’t have even known since they just raced a few days ago. I otherwise would have just sat here watching clips of rain falling, the last lap of yesterday’s race and the final lap of last week at Richmond.

Hey, thanks! I wouldn’t have even known since they just raced a few days ago. I otherwise would have just sat here watching clips of rain falling, the last lap of yesterday’s race and the final lap of last week at Richmond.
yeah, you never can tell, if the rain falls, there are options today. ARCA is a for sure, the sky/day looks beautiful.

NASCAR should be ashamed for not moving this up. A lot of angry folks leaving the track. Golf does this all the time to avoid Monday finishes, could've just ran the race at 11 AM today and showed the re-run at 3 PM.

Golf does this all the time to avoid Monday finishes, could've just ran the race at 11 AM today and showed the re-run at 3 PM.
Golf makes no effort to show the entire day's activity. The broadcast on the weekends start after many of the players have started play; indeed, a handful have finished before they go on the air.

Back
Top Bottom