Michigan Speedway Pre - Race Thread

I think they were just looking for any reason to take him out anyway. What he did doesn't that bad anyway.

What the hell? Now every thread will be junked up because the Gragson thread got removed?

Buescher got a GREAT lap!!! Let's see if it sticks. That would be so cool for him and RFK.

Bell and Chastain on the front row. Fastest time since 2018. Good to see and RFK back in the hunt.

1691260741195.png

"Racism" Bro ever heard of dark humor.
Ya know, for the sake of discussion, I'll grant Gragson didn't have racist intent, that he was just 'Liking' something he thought was funny. Regardless, a slow, cruel murder by an abusive authority isn't humorous.

And even if it is, what we at RF think of his sense of humor doesn't matter. The point is he hasn't learned that everything a pro athlete does on social media is open to public review, especially by the people whose senses of humor DO count - sponsors, manufacturers, owners, and NASCAR. If a driver hasn't learned to take that into account after Larson, he deserves to be out of a ride.

The murdering of a person by the police, cops doing time, and the clown cars are calling it dark humor?
TBH is a bad situation but it's clearly a joke in the vein of 9/11 or Hitler jokes. Stuff that's become bigger because of their impact on American Society. Social media is so dumb trying to "cancel" Noah.

Ya know, for the sake of discussion, I'll grant Gragson didn't have racist intent, that he was just 'Liking' something he thought was funny. Regardless, a slow, cruel murder by an abusive authority isn't humorous.

And even if it is, what we at RF think of his sense of humor doesn't matter. The point is he hasn't learned that everything a pro athlete does on social media is open to public review, especially by the people whose senses of humor DO count - sponsors, manufacturers, owners, and NASCAR. If a driver hasn't learned to take that into account after Larson, he deserves to be out of a ride.
Yeah it's a bad look on main but dang maybe just have him go to sensitivity training and deal with it in private instead of broadcasting it to the world instead of suspending him.

Social media is so dumb trying to "cancel" Noah.
Would that be the same social media where Noah finds jokes? Live by the sword, etc.

Yeah it's a bad look on main but dang maybe just have him go to sensitivity training and deal with it in private instead of broadcasting it to the world instead of suspending him.
That would have been easy to do if his comment had been made in private instead of him broadcasting it to the world. Public comments mandate a public response; silence makes it looks like NASCAR, et al, are okay with it.

Would that be the same social media where Noah finds jokes? Live by the sword, etc.

That would have been easy to do if his comment had been made in private instead of him broadcasting it to the world. Public comments mandate a public response; silence makes it looks like NASCAR, et al, are okay with it.
I mean he really didn't advertise it to the public somebody just noticed he liked it since they follow him on IG and they posted it on Twitter to get him cancelled.

I mean he really didn't advertise it to the public somebody just noticed he liked it since they follow him on IG and they posted it on Twitter to get him cancelled.

And liking it confirms that he is an idiot. Your driving in the NASCAR cup series, you have a team and sponsors and fans to think about. Don't be an idiot, think before you like.

I mean he really didn't advertise it to the public
That goes back to my original point. There are no private comments on social or electronic media. EVERYTHING an entertainment figure posts or 'Likes' is going to accessible to the entire frickin' world, regardless of the intended audience. He should have been aware it could come back to bite him. That's the price top-tier athletes pay in exchange for getting to stay in the top tier, especially in a sponsor-dependent sport like auto racing.

That goes back to my original point. There are no private comments on social or electronic media. EVERYTHING an entertainment figure posts or 'Likes' is going to accessible to the entire frickin' world, regardless of the intended audience. He should have been aware it could come back to bite him. That's the price top-tier athletes pay in exchange for getting to stay in the top tier, especially in a sponsor-dependent sport like auto racing.
Gragson is media savvy, acting like he didn't know is B.S.

As somebody who's about his age doesn't suprise me that he liked a meme aboit George Floyd our generation is half-jokesters/half-woke. I don't know why he was liking memes on main, maybe he should get with the people that helped Kyle Larson and Morgan Wallen. And

Random thing just happened that some of you guys may appreciate, especially the older ones.

I saw that Bell had won the pole and decided to go to the Nascar website a few minutes ago to check out the rest of the lineup since I didn't get to watch qualifying.

Apparently my internet decided to take a **** right about the same time and didn't load the lineup properly.

Being that this race is at Michigan and their home track, I first glanced over the manufacturers to see how some of them fared near the top. Of course just glancing I saw a Toyota on top of the list and completely missed the fact that it was actually Reddick showing on top instead of Bell.

When I started to look at the drivers, I sat there staring the screen for a good solid 5 minutes or maybe even more truly baffled, wondering how in the blue hell JJ Yeley qualified 8th at Michigan. I was looking at the ENTRY LIST instead of the lineup.

Weather forecast is not good today. Low pressure is going to spin up rain showers all day with misting as well. Wouldn’t be shocked if we can get the green flag until 4-5

Back
Top Bottom