Michigan vs Phoenix

B

blet

First NASCAR race. I can only pick between Michigan in August or Phoenix in Novemeber. Which one should i see?

Those are two that I've never been to.

Phoenix is a lot of fun, never been to Michigan but I bet you will have a blast at either one

I've been to Michigan. It was a great time. Never been to Phoenix. For that reason alone I'd go to Phoenix.

I'll know about Michigan in about 3 month's. :D

Edit: If it's thawed out.

Haven't been since they widened the front stretch and tweaked the dog leg but it I think the racing is better... Plus lot's of good stuff to get into in Tempe, Scottsdale and Phnx.. It's a good ass time

Never been to either but Phoenix seems like a good one.

Also would give me a chance to crash at Kylie's home. I'd wreck it. :p

Jeff Gordon shirts arent allowed on my property, New Yorkers wearing Jeff Gordon shirts arent allowed in my state :booya:

That's good because I dont wear any merchandise of any kind regarding my fandom. ;)

I'm not that obssesive.

Phoenix has the final Eliminator 8 race if that's anything to you, Newman might put someone in the wall again :p

But Phoenix might be a Harvick show, and Michigan could be a bad track for racing with this new rules package, so I'd wait until after the 1st Michigan race to make a decision, if you can.

I'd go to Phoenix but mainly because that is my favorite oval track. I really don't see how you could make a wrong choice though.

Haven't been to either, but I'd go to Phoenix. I think the racing is better on a flat 1-mile track than a banked 2-miler.

Let us know what you decide!

Never been to either track but I'd choose Phoenix simply because it's much smaller than Michigan, so you should be able to see much more action.

I haven't been to either one. But if you want to see pure speed, go to Michigan. If you want to see tighter racing, go to Phoenix.

Thanks for all the help guys! Im leaning towards Phoenix. It would be nice to get a little bit of November heat in before Winter (Im from Canada) and when i build my race and flight package that way i can save a few hundred dollars over Michigan.

First NASCAR race. I can only pick between Michigan in August or Phoenix in Novemeber. Which one should i see?

I have lost track of how many times I have been to MIS and it is worth a trip. My favorite place to see the race was atop a motor home in the middle of the infield. Two of my favorite races happened in consecutive years. In 1991 there was the door to door battle between Davey Allison and Dale Jarrett on the last lap with DJ prevailing for the Wood Bros and bagging his first Winston Cup Win. In 1992 it was a privilege for me to see Harry Gant's last win which he accomplished by making one less stop then the rest of the field. Old Harry could always coax a little better MPG than most.

I have never been to the track in Phoenix but would choose that race in a heartbeat. I like shorter tracks and flatter surfaces so Phoenix is in my wheelhouse.

I'll know about Michigan in about 3 month's. :D

Edit: If it's thawed out.

No worries as it will be in the 40's tomorrow. However there have been some MIS races where it has been unusually at night and during parts of the day. I always stowed a fleece, hat and gloves when attending the races and sometimes I was glad I did.

Haven't been since they widened the front stretch and tweaked the dog leg but it I think the racing is better... Plus lot's of good stuff to get into in Tempe, Scottsdale and Phnx.. It's a good ass time

If you go to MIS you have to bring your own good time as it is in the Middle of BF nowhere.

Thanks for all the help guys! Im leaning towards Phoenix. It would be nice to get a little bit of November heat in before Winter (Im from Canada) and when i build my race and flight package that way i can save a few hundred dollars over Michigan.

What part of Canada are you from?

I know since I am from Phoenix that I am going to be bias in saying, but you should go to Michigan

In all honesty, it depends what type of racing you want to see, more short track/mile racing, or high speed racing, I think either or and you will have a good time, and thats what its all about.

As someone who attends both MIS races every year I'd choose Phoenix mainly because MIS is just so damn big. While MIS is a great facility with an excellent staff, traffic management, parking and everything else, it's just difficult to see the cars when they are on the other side of the track. Binoculars are a must.

Back
Top Bottom