Mileback vs. Laurens....whats it gonna be??

D

drt lvr

we all know BOTH cannot survive running on the same night. And both are planning on it. Mileback is gonna be a bit bigger.3/8s on the inside measurement vs. 3/8s outside wall at Laurens. Pay will probably help some to decide. Heard Danny will be very competitive in that area also. What are your thoughts and plans for next year? Drivers and fans and Joey(LOL) ............all ideas welcome! Just wondered what the majority of ya'll are thinking on doing.

Actually I don't think we will habe to decide - at least not at first. I was told at the last LCS race that Danny had decided to start out on Friday night to see what kind of turnout he was going to get. :leap:

Shouldn't be much to decide. If all the people who have complained about treatment at Laurens were truthfull then they will go to Mile Back. At least at the start to see how they are treated there.
Here's another thought also. There's a group called Southrenclay thats buying land in the Newberry area to open a motor sports complex. Half mile dirt track, half mile dragstrip, go-kart track and motorcross track all at one place. Could be real tuff competition. Always keep in mind that LCS has been here for a long time and although they may have to adjust I don't see them folding.
I keep hearing the Wal-Mart rumor on buying LCS, but I don't believe that either.

I think Danny should run on friday nights and let fred run on saturday nights. That way people who run laurens on sat. could run mileback on friday, and get a full weekend of racing in. But if danny does decide to run the same night as fred, then i guess where ever the money is at will be the determination of it all. Most people will go where the money is at.

Most people will go where the money is at.
No most people go where it is convenient. If it was the money LCS wouldn't have much of a car count.

One race track is not gonna be any different from another one,As you well know you can't please everyone and that's what it amounts to these days,Can't play favorites.

I read about the southernclay project but it said it was to be located in the bennetsville or timmonsville area close to darlington. a great idea......but a little too far to drive for me. F1,I hope you're right about the friday night thing......but the 2nd to last race he was saying Saturdays in the pits. I keep hearing the wal-mart rumour also. I personally asked Fred the last race about it and he denied it. But..........I'm still hearing it. Friday and Saturday would be good only IF they run the same classes and rules.........

IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER TO ME, AS LONG AS WE GET TO GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One race track is not gonna be any different from another one,As you well know you can't please everyone and that's what it amounts to these days,Can't play favorites.

I've been to over twenty tracks, in NC SC and GA, they are all different. I will agree, none can please everyone, but the better tracks are consistent in the way they treat the racers and fans and they also show no favoritism. As long as a track sticks to its rules and enforces them equally, no one can whine about being cheated.
Tracks like Laurens needs to exercise its muscle a little more. ie Track Packing. You don't need to constantly threaten to get cars out to pack. Give them two calls and five minutes, if they are not out there start the Heats. Don't need the Officals showing where to pack, these guys have to race on that surface, if they want to leave half of it sloppy then let them race on it. Yes this may screw up one or two races, but the drivers get the message real quick.
Use the black flag more often, one warning then Black Flag. Tracks need to run the show not the drivers.
In this area if you want to see the difference go to Riverside one night, 8 Divisions of racing, 16 Heats, 8 Features (24) Races and you are out before midnight (good racing too I might add, 2 and 3 wide in the turns with lots of passing). Then go to Harris and see the other extreame (if they are still open next year), lots of favoritism and inconsistently. Laurens falls somewhere between these two.
Don't get me wrong I enjoy Laurens, I spend more Saturday nights there than anywhere else. But damned if I don't get frustrated at some of the things that go on there at times.

:eek: Berkley getting ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :p

all valid points 84...........a couple of other things I've noticed that I like at other tracks are... packing cars at ThunderValley (so the race cars don't have to do it) or wreckers and packing cars and bigazz dumptruck at Cherokee to pack the track. Also at Gaffney when they pull out of the back pits they are already lined up. When they come around under the flagstand Bruce gives them the one to go and thats it. Green next time by. If you're not ready when your heat runs(don't matter who you are)there is no waiting. One more thing they do is if someone spins out they will stay green if he is out of harms way or wait to throw the caution until they are sure he cannot continue. Laurens is my home track. But.......some of these things they do at other tracks I would like to see implemented in our program. Justin does his best and I wouldn't want his job for anything. LOL! Bruce,at Cherokee is very good flagman also.

Aint ill Dixie, just stating my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions.:p

Yea they are like A-- Holes every ones got one and they both stink

Thats right 44 everyones but mine and yours. When will they ever learn.
:ROFLMFAO:

Personally we'll probably follow David Todd wherever he decides to go, but I do wish it would be Friday, and Saturday at Laurens. Wow that would be heaven right! Anyway I know I would like to see how the new track is going to be, but from experience last weekend in Hartwell...Laurens has definitely got my vote!

84 + 44 yall crackin me up over here! Bekley i was kiddin with ya! lol!

Depends on who is racing where!!!Really to me where i am gonna go is up to if some certin people go!!! People who know me know who and what i am talking about!! Mile Back sounds good to me though!!! Miss Laurens

Back
Top Bottom