Mistake by official costs BK racing

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...to-brad-keselowski-racing-issue-at-mis-082014

So, where's the money they made Brad lose?
You know they would've fined the hell out of BK racing if they could have, for any little thing.

Maybe next time a car fails inspection, the team can just sincerely apologize.
Reading your post and then reading the article makes me think I'm missing something here. Isn't NASCAR taking the blame on this one? At that point, why would there be a fine/penalty? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet?

Reading your post and then reading the article makes me think I'm missing something here. Isn't NASCAR taking the blame on this one? At that point, why would there be a fine/penalty? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet?
You're right. I maybe also need more coffee. Just when I read it, I thought sure, they took the blame, but if there had been some small thing the team did wrong, they'd be fined some crazy amount. What about the potential positions bkr lost because of this and subsequently, money?

Nascar isn't wrong, probably, when they fine the heck out of people, it just feels.... i don't know.... somehow unsatisfying for them to just say "oops, sorry! " When they screw up.

That said, I worked all night and it's definitely time for me to go to bed! I didn't even remember I started this topic!

It's not about a fine or penalty. A NASCAR official made a bad call during pre-race inspection that essentially cost both BKR teams the race. It's like when a referee screws up a call in a game and the other team ends up winning because of it. Ultimately, it is what it is, mistakes happen, and there's not really anything that can realistically be done about it after the fact. That being said, if you're the team that got screwed over, it's infuriating.

Kudos to Brad for handling this in a mature way. This is one time where he has every right to speak up, but I guess the apology was enough for him. It was an honest mistake.

It's not about a fine or penalty. A NASCAR official made a bad call during pre-race inspection that essentially cost both BKR teams the race. It's like when a referee screws up a call in a game and the other team ends up winning because of it. Ultimately, it is what it is, mistakes happen, and there's not really anything that can realistically be done about it after the fact. That being said, if you're the team that got screwed over, it's infuriating.

Kudos to Brad for handling this in a mature way. This is one time where he has every right to speak up, but I guess the apology was enough for him. It was an honest mistake.
The subject of the story isn't lost on me. My comment was to the OP because I found the post confusing when I read the story. The OP was about a fine/penalty.

The subject of the story isn't lost on me. My comment was to the OP because I found the post confusing when I read the story. The OP was about a fine/penalty.
Ahh, okay. Fair enough. I wasn't sure because y'all were both talking about needing coffee. LOL.

I can't speak for blanston, but I interpreted his OP as just generally lamenting the situation. It sounded like he was just saying that NASCAR's mistake ultimately cost BKR the win and probably plenty of prize money, and there's nothing that BKR can do about it. But on the flip side, when NASCAR makes a decision and fines or penalizes someone, there's often very little that the teams can do about it. Sure, there's the appeal process, and we've seen a couple of big penalties reduced recently, but usually NASCAR's decision ends up being final regardless.

Heck, when Kenseth's team was initially penalized for TRD having that connecting rod issue, there were folks on here calling for their heads and saying that even if it was just an honest mistake, it broke a rule and they deserved a harsh penalty for it.

I dunno. I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Ahh, okay. Fair enough. I wasn't sure because y'all were both talking about needing coffee. LOL.

I can't speak for blanston, but I interpreted his OP as just generally lamenting the situation. It sounded like he was just saying that NASCAR's mistake ultimately cost BKR the win and probably plenty of prize money, and there's nothing that BKR can do about it. But on the flip side, when NASCAR makes a decision and fines or penalizes someone, there's often very little that the teams can do about it. Sure, there's the appeal process, and we've seen a couple of big penalties reduced recently, but usually NASCAR's decision ends up being final regardless.

Heck, when Kenseth's team was initially penalized for TRD having that connecting rod issue, there were folks on here calling for their heads and saying that even if it was just an honest mistake, it broke a rule and they deserved a harsh penalty for it.

in this case an official actually sabotaged a race car. Hopefully that official will get some re-training.:owquitit:

Yep. I believe that's what I was going for!

This is what happens when instead of having expert officials specific to each series NASCAR changed it to jacks of all trades but masters of none for all 3 series.

That being said, if you're the team that got screwed over, it's infuriating.

More like a housewife that has been beaten by a heavy hand too many times. The master just doesnt accept any backtalk even after an idiotic mistake.

One of Nascar most successful initiatives has been to reduce the drivers to sweet talking parrots.

More like a housewife that has been beaten by a heavy hand too many times. The master just doesnt accept any backtalk even after an idiotic mistake.

One of Nascar most successful initiatives has been to reduce the drivers to sweet talking parrots.
That's fair, and I feel ya, but honestly, I don't see what Brad would have gained by taking a more harsh tone and really speaking out on this. Even if he were to criticize the official and not get fined or otherwise punished, it wouldn't change the outcome of the situation. And if anything, with his reputation being the way it is right now (especially around these parts), everyone would probably have looked at him like he was a jerk. I can see the comments now. "Oh, like you've never screwed up, Brad. Stop whining. It was an honest mistake. Get over it."

He handled it the right way, IMO.

That's fair, and I feel ya, but honestly, I don't see what Brad would have gained by speaking out on this. Even if he were to criticize the official and not get fined or otherwise punished, it won't change the outcome of the situation. And if anything, with his reputation being the way it is right now (especially around these parts), everyone would probably have looked at him like he was a jerk. I can see the comments now. "Oh, like you've never screwed up, Brad. Stop whining. It was an honest mistake. Get over it."

He handled it the right way, IMO.

I cant argue with that and in this case Nascar deserves credit for admitting to a mistake.

But I still dont like the way nascar muzzles their drivers. They have almost no tolerance for critical thinking, very much like a dictator that will punish those who applauds the least.

I cant argue with that and in this case Nascar deserves credit for admitting to a mistake.

But I still dont like the way nascar muzzles their drivers. They have almost no tolerance for critical thinking, very much like a dictator that will punish those who applauds the least.
Agreed 100%. We all have to take criticism in our daily lives and at work, so why shouldn't NASCAR hold themselves to that same standard?

a mistake like this you know if your a team owner you would want to be made whole. I have often wondered if sometimes things are overlooked next time in order to help make the team whole. The biggest mistake I know of was when darrell waltrip was robbed of a win and given to bret bodine. I wonder if DW said look we are going to bring some things to the track next time and you guys better look the other way.

Thing is a team screws up and it's a fine and loss of points.
Nascar screws up and it's a 'my bad', move along nothing to see here..

I'm not a Brad K fan but I have no doubt they would have finished better than they did.

Thing is a team screws up and it's a fine and loss of points.
Nascar screws up and it's a 'my bad', move along nothing to see here..

I'm not a Brad K fan but I have no doubt they would have finished better than they did.

Got the Bushmobiles illegal, and the Kez cars coming apart because of Nascar..oh the irony. I haven't heard of Busch getting a penalty, probably the same inspector and there wasn't anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom