MLB 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by Johnny G, Feb 13, 2018.

1. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

It's not so bad the Sox won. They were far and away the best team this year, probably the best baseball team in years, and Boston already wins everything anyways so it's almost just another day in the sports world. And LA losing means there's still at least one intriguing sports drought out there.

2. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

3. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

It was far from a boring season, but I guess if you aren't a Red Sox fan it might be.

4. Mopardh9

Ahhh, feels good, 4 in 15 years, future looking good....going to be a good Monday.

5. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Boston teams winning everything so ******* always sucks. Makes their fanbase even more insufferable too.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  6. Reck

Reck Enrique?

I don’t know why people hate on this Boston squad so hard. In terms of the players, they’re almost all likeable. Like the Astros. I like them a lot.

Outside of Kinsler and Nunez, the Sox are a bunch of relaxed players who don’t have attitudes.

7. Mopardh9

8. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Kershaw resigns with the Dodgers.
    3 years
    91 million

9. Mopardh9

Figured he would, where is Kimbrel going...Yankees?

10. Reck

Reck Enrique?

They can totally have him. Lol @FLRacingFan

11. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

The players aren't bad since all of the annoying assbags retired. The fans though...

12. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

We have a lot to spend this offeason. Something like $80-100M. Starting pitching should probably be the first priority and then the pen after that. Bullpen, we need to keep Robertson. I don't think Kimbrel is in play. Starters, I think we try to keep Happ and go hard at Patrick Corbin. Probably Keuchel and look at bringing back Eovaldi too.

Friendly reminder that Jacoby Ellsbury's worthless ass is still on the books for like $20M a year through 2021.

Reck likes this.
  13. Mopardh9

Doubt Eovaldi will be available, I think the Sox will sign him.

14. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Leave Eovaldi out of this, you fool!

I had no idea you guys still had the corpse of Jacoby Ellsbury. Did he play at all this year?

15. Ilovedthe90s

Ilovedthe90s UGA football

Why would anyone say no to 300 million dollars?

16. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Wants to win a World Series. Doesnt think it'll happen in Washington would be my guess.

17. Mopardh9

Eovaldi is going to sign with the Red Sox, they are in love with the guy.

18. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Any baseball fans looking for something to pass this offseason should watch the Ken Burns series "Baseball" if you havent already. A great history of the game.
    Mlb network shows it alot during the offseason.

19. Mopardh9

Yep good stuff, I always forget about it, but when I've watched it I've learned some interesting stuff.

20. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Missed this.

He hasn't played in over a year. Giant waste of money and he's old and washed up. Ugh.

21. Johnny G

Johnny G Team Owner

Atlanta signs Josh Donaldson to a 1 year, 23 million dollar deal.

22. Mopardh9

Yep....that's a lot for a one year deal, I could see 12-16 mil, but 23??

2 Sweet likes this.
  23. Mopardh9

24. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

It appears the long-rumored and fits-and-starts effort to attract an MLB team to Portland is getting serious. After many sites were considered, the private group of many investors has entered into an agreement to purchase one.

Having an MLB team in my home city again would be cool. I've lived in Portland for 12 years. Sports fandom in the PNW is such that it would be well supported. One interesting aspect is that aside from some friendly state bonds, the city of Portland has refused to provide any direct subsidies for this. It is a genuinely private money effort, as all stadium deals should be.

I just wonder where such a team would come from, assuming relocation is more likely than expansion. One of the Florida teams?

https://www.kgw.com/amp/article?sec...um-at-terminal-2-site&contentId=283-618798119

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mauryb...for-ballpark-land-on-river-near-downtown/amp/

25. Mopardh9

I would think Tampa?

26. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

No, they are finally on track for a new stadium.

Portland will get an expansion team

27. Mopardh9

I thought plans for a stadium in Tampa fell through? I didn't know MLB was planning on expansiion again, how many teams?

28. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

The St. Pete proposal from a while back fell though. They have a new proposal (revealed this past summer) in Tampa that looks like it's going to happen.

I think MLB wants to expand to 32 teams eventually. Portland will get a team, and eventually Nashville or Charlotte or Montreal if I had to guess

29. Mopardh9

Interesting, I can see Portland and Charlotte.

30. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

If they didn't just open a stadium a few years ago I'd say move the Marlins to Montreal and rename them the Expos.